(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from SirrPinalot:Just found a cool ¨Easter egg¨ on R&B if you look next to were the wabac machines part is on the playfield on the left side it looks like the delorean zooming in Just a neat little thing I thought i´d share

DFD22A4F-CC11-4B44-8CE7-78CC1FD40B41 (resized).jpegDFD22A4F-CC11-4B44-8CE7-78CC1FD40B41 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#902 3 years ago

Hello all
I have just got my RB operational after getting my boards serviced and have no idea where Nell is supposed to sit when the machine finishes.Nell has been non operational since I got the pin and now with my boards serviced I dont know what Nell actually does and where she sits normally with power off or end of game. I get a little movement in the coil test . Dont know if my motor is good or bad.
One other thing wrong is the bottom pop does not work. Switch test is ok but it does not fire in coil test.It does have a gottleib 49-83 coil in it not a 090-5001-00 could this be the problem?
Thanks

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from scottnds:

Hello all
I have just got my RB operational after getting my boards serviced and have no idea where Nell is supposed to sit when the machine finishes.Nell has been non operational since I got the pin and now with my boards serviced I dont know what Nell actually does and where she sits normally with power off or end of game. I get a little movement in the coil test . Dont know if my motor is good or bad.
One other thing wrong is the bottom pop does not work. Switch test is ok but it does not fire in coil test.It does have a gottleib 49-83 coil in it not a 090-5001-00 could this be the problem?
Thanks

In regards to nell, mine doesnt return to a home position at end of game, nell just rotates through the motions until it hits max distance in that mode and then springs back to starting location and starts again until save nell mode stops

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

In regards to nell, mine doesnt return to a home position at end of game, nell just rotates through the motions until it hits max distance in that mode and then springs back to starting location and starts again until save nell mode stops

The mod linked below takes care of the nell issues. It is timed with the countdown to go to the max distance and always resets back to the start after every nell attempt. This is the way it should have originally been designed. There are posts about this mod about a year ago in this club.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=nell_driver
Also, you may be able to buy direct by sending a PM to scottacus

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

The mod linked below takes care of the nell issues. It is timed with the countdown to go to the max distance and always resets back to the start after every nell attempt. This is the way it should have originally been designed. There are posts about this mod about a year ago in this club.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=nell_driver
Also, you may be able to buy direct by sending a PM to scottacus

Thanks for the info, doesnt bother me that much actually since so much is usually going on with the pinballs on the playfield to even notice nell.

2 weeks later
#906 3 years ago

I just got a PIN2DMD

Has anyone here installed one?

How is the old display removed?

#907 3 years ago

Curious as well since I’ll be doing a color dmd soon

#908 3 years ago

I got it all installed. I am trying to get the nerve to power it on, haha.

25CE1904-B347-4E09-9AD6-BD0F7B77D9A8 (resized).jpeg25CE1904-B347-4E09-9AD6-BD0F7B77D9A8 (resized).jpeg2B9F05E5-99E4-4E06-BC4B-EF22643A2FC9 (resized).jpeg2B9F05E5-99E4-4E06-BC4B-EF22643A2FC9 (resized).jpeg
#909 3 years ago

Ok it didnt blow up. But its stuck on this screen.

F3DD96AD-E203-4688-9830-2C80A0ADEA35 (resized).jpegF3DD96AD-E203-4688-9830-2C80A0ADEA35 (resized).jpeg
#910 3 years ago

Ha i forgot to plug the +5 back in. All good now. I am pumped!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#911 3 years ago

How much was the pin2dmd and how is the coloring vs color dmd?

#912 3 years ago

$210 shipped total.

I thinks its $420 for the colordmd

I have no idea what the color differences are, but I LOVE this one.

#913 3 years ago

For the price its great, and one seller of the pin2dmd here,bsanders, gives you everything you need with the mounting pieces. The colorization file is done by the community is pretty good, no complaints.

Takes a little reading up to understand what all the 12v and 5v power input connections are for on pin2dmd, (not using your original display power), and jumping off another backboard power option. The evo board mounted to the back of the pin2dmd has a 12v input which will convert it to the 5v needed for the led display.

Quoted from TronGuy:

$210 shipped total.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

$210 shipped total.

Could you post a link on where to buy this? Also do you know if there are any video's of it running in the game? I've seen some of the Color DMD and wonder how this compares.

#915 3 years ago

More hat trick issues:

Over the past year of regular play, the hat trick mechanism has officially broken every single plastic in the animation. Has anybody else struggled with this? Specifically, the area where the shaft and e-ring meet the plastic has broken on every plastic which makes the armature rise behind the plastic and making the plastics stuck up.

Any thoughts?

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Could you post a link on where to buy this? Also do you know if there are any video's of it running in the game? I've seen some of the Color DMD and wonder how this compares.

I too would like to see a video of the animations since it is half the price. I am always down to save a buck.

Quoted from radial_head:

More hat trick issues:
Over the past year of regular play, the hat trick mechanism has officially broken every single plastic in the animation. Has anybody else struggled with this? Specifically, the area where the shaft and e-ring meet the plastic has broken on every plastic which makes the armature rise behind the plastic and making the plastics stuck up.
Any thoughts?

usually the lion breaks and need to do the coil mod so it has less power. also could be that your foam for it to land is either gone or no good anymore.

#917 3 years ago

so anyone know of a video for R&B for the pin2dmd?

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

so anyone know of a video for R&B for the pin2dmd?

Send me your email and I’ll send you my video of the pin2dmd on the r&b in action

D8FA20D8-1B1A-4C15-B1D6-CF89A4A8314D (resized).pngD8FA20D8-1B1A-4C15-B1D6-CF89A4A8314D (resized).png
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Send me your email and I’ll send you my video of the pin2dmd on the r&b in action[quoted image]

Just post it here !

#920 3 years ago

Several PMs for the video file, so its now uploaded to YouTube here:

#921 3 years ago

Thank you for posting the video. so while watching it, was Seymour missing when you hit the orbit shots? saw the daisy's but didn't show seymour and select.

#922 3 years ago

has anyone used the pin2dmd and just uploaded the color dmd file to it?

#923 3 years ago

My pin2dmd came preloaded with the colorization file from vpuniverse (8/14/2019 posting) and the key activation, but you can pull the microsd card and update to the 10/31/2019 colorization version posted on http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4133-adventures-of-rocky-and-bullwinkle-and-friends-wip/

You'll need your eeprom Game rom versions and display board rom to be on the latest R&B version.

As another user pointed out there are some slight colorization mismatches on bullwinkle's antlers and Snedley's face on a few of the scenes that I never caught while playing in game. The pin2dmd color author stated it was his first attempt. If you want perfect colorization jump on the ColorDMD. If you want an opensource color file and only want to spend $210, thats the tradeoff

#924 3 years ago

From the video it is a great first attempt. Is he looking for feedback on what frames could use tweaking? If it’s open then maybe others can help tidy it up.

#925 3 years ago

Anyone know if Chad did code on this or plans to? He's done great work on many other de games if this era. R and b has a solid ruleset that with minor tweaks could be much improved...

#926 3 years ago

From the video it is a great first attempt. Is he looking for feedback on what frames could use tweaking? If it’s open then maybe others can help tidy it up.

Great point, worth a shot. the colorization author’s vp post is a year old but he seemed to make fixes back then when other users pointed it out

#927 3 years ago

Is the pin2dmd colorization complete? Im curious as i couldnt find the release trailer on vpuniverse.

Quoted from Bravebluerx:

For the price its great, and one seller of the pin2dmd here,bsanders, gives you everything you need with the mounting pieces. The colorization file is done by the community is pretty good, no complaints.
Takes a little reading up to understand what all the 12v and 5v power input connections are for on pin2dmd, (not using your original display power), and jumping off another backboard power option. The evo board mounted to the back of the pin2dmd has a 12v input which will convert it to the 5v needed for the led display.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Anyone know if Chad did code on this or plans to? He's done great work on many other de games if this era. R and b has a solid ruleset that with minor tweaks could be much improved...

I havent heard anything and really, all he needs to do is remove the wrong hat call out...

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Is the pin2dmd colorization complete? Im curious as i couldnt find the release trailer on vpuniverse.

It may be missing a colored few scenes per the authors statement on the vp link i posted in post #923 I havent seen any so far other than superpops with the rats being greyscale unless that was the intent.
You can watch the video on my post #920.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

It may be missing a colored few scenes per the authors statement on the vp link i posted in post #923 I havent seen any so far other than superpops with the rats being greyscale unless that was the intent.
You can watch the video on my post #920.

Just saw the video!! Thanks for that!! Im on the fence with getting a pin2dmd, kinda want it for my lw3 as the colorization is 100%, but this looks good too. Damn i hope they finish it up.

Where did u get that tv from? Thats great!!

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Just saw the video!! Thanks for that!! Im on the fence with getting a pin2dmd, kinda want it for my lw3 as the colorization is 100%, but this looks good too. Damn i hope they finish it up.
Where did u get that tv from? Thats great!!

Tv from mezelmods; it came preloaded but i changed the video to the first episode. Converting the video for the display is a bit of a process, 2.5xspeed formatting, avi divx codec(or other), and then programming it with the minidisplay builder software to the correct size.

https://mezelmods.com/products/rocky-and-bullwinkle-pinball-tv-video-display-mod

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Great point, worth a shot. the colorization author’s vp post is a year old but he seemed to make fixes back then when other users pointed it out

I sent him a message asking if there is anyway that I (or anyone else) can contribute or help get it to 100%

#933 3 years ago

Anyone in canada have a spare set of waybac ramp entrance protectors?

Or anyone made their own?

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Anyone in canada have a spare set of waybac ramp entrance protectors?
Or anyone made their own?

I got mine from cliffy. Glad I have them. They are getting banged up on the new ramp and are doing their job. Recommend getting the set

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ha i forgot to plug the +5 back in. All good now. I am pumped!
[quoted image]

Where did you tie in the power cable for the display? Any more pictures of the power wiring and how the mounting goes?

#936 3 years ago

Question guys how much does a clean rnb go for in ur areas? Ideally im looking at canada price checks..
I never see fully shopped ones for sale.

#937 3 years ago

Where did you tie in the power cable for the display? Any more pictures of the power wiring and how the mounting goes?

I will get a pic. It is very simple.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I will get a pic. It is very simple.

Check out my post #891 here

#939 3 years ago

Hello all, I'm going through a R&B I picked up a few months ago. I need help in locating the switch for the Hat Trick ramp. I ordered one from Marco, after tracing down all of the revised part numbers, and it's too big. The ramp switch is a very tiny micro cherry switch. Anyone know where to get one?

Thx
Tom

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from SpaceWar:

Hello all, I'm going through a R&B I picked up a few months ago. I need help in locating the switch for the Hat Trick ramp. I ordered one from Marco, after tracing down all of the revised part numbers, and it's too big. The ramp switch is a very tiny micro cherry switch. Anyone know where to get one?
Thx
Tom

Can you be more specific on the switch you are looking for? Both ramp entrances and Hat Trick entrance use standard size switches. If this is for the Hat Trick VUK that's located under the playfield, it calls for a 180-5063-00. Pinball Resource caries a 180-5063-01, which appears nearly identical.

VUK (resized).jpgVUK (resized).jpg
#941 3 years ago

I have my 2 - original data east dmds that I do not need. Do guys sell these? If so, what is their value.

One came from my Guns n Roses, the other from Rocky and Bullwinkle. both work 100%, they were replaced with colordmd and pin2dmd.

I appreciate any input concerning value (if any).

#942 3 years ago

Ok I need help disabling the slam tilt. I have 700 million going, and a firm tilt killed my game. Its done that on several occasions now.

I assume there is more than 1 slam tilt? The one in the coin door , I bent to a point where it doesn't work, and I still slam tilt. Anyone know where the other one(s) is/are?

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok I need help disabling the slam tilt. I have 700 million going, and a firm tilt killed my game. Its done that on several occasions now.
I assume there is more than 1 slam tilt? The one in the coin door , I bent to a point where it doesn't work, and I still slam tilt. Anyone know where the other one(s) is/are?

Most likely it was the tilt-bob that got you. For home use, I remove the weight and adjust ring so the rod is centered.

Minimal market for used dmd’s. If you have originals, they are over 25 years old. I sold my old ones at GSPF for $20 each.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Can you be more specific on the switch you are looking for? Both ramp entrances and Hat Trick entrance use standard size switches. If this is for the Hat Trick VUK that's located under the playfield, it calls for a 180-5063-00. Pinball Resource caries a 180-5063-01, which appears nearly identical.[quoted image]

I'll find the part number I used to buy the one I got that was too big tonight. It isn't for the VUK, it's the switch at the entrance of the Hat Trick ramp. Yes
it is the same size as the other two ramp switches, I just cannot find the right sized switch...

#945 3 years ago

Looks like the switch is: 180-5090-00 Left Orbit Bottom (Hat Trick Ramp). I think I may have found some...

#946 3 years ago

so was talking to a buddy about pin2dmd. he was telling me about some of the shortcomings about them. he was coloring some games for it and found it all depends on the size of the ram that the game has. when we were talking about the pin2dmd for this game and the animations not being complete, he said it could be that the ram is filled and not able to do anymore coloring. anyone know about this?

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

so was talking to a buddy about pin2dmd. he was telling me about some of the shortcomings about them. he was coloring some games for it and found it all depends on the size of the ram that the game has. when we were talking about the pin2dmd for this game and the animations not being complete, he said it could be that the ram is filled and not able to do anymore coloring. anyone know about this?

The color Author didnt mention this as the reason for the coloring not being complete, but his lack of being able to a activate certain scenes deep in the game. Other virtual pin users provided guidance on how to enable those scenes he may have missed in the virtual pin forums I linked to previously. For $210 the coloring is fine for all the scenes i have played through in the game, a few scene shade mismatches you probably wont notice while playing, but this was someone doing it for free so we can cut him some slack or learn how to fix the shortcomings. Havent heard of ram limitations on this though with the color file on a micro sd card.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

The color Author didnt mention this as the reason for the coloring not being complete, but his lack of being able to a activate certain scenes deep in the game. Other virtual pin users provided guidance on how to enable those scenes he may have missed in the virtual pin forums I linked to previously. For $210 the coloring is fine for all the scenes i have played through in the game, a few scene shade mismatches you probably wont notice while playing, but this was someone doing it for free so we can cut him some slack or learn how to fix the shortcomings. Havent heard of ram limitations on this though with the color file on a micro sd card.

Trust me I’m good with it for being done for free. Was just wanting to bring up a conversation about it with the information I was provided by someone who has done some coloring for it. He said he went to color X-men and when he did magnito multi ball it took up the rest of the ram and was not able to finish. Just checking to see if this is case with this one. Just checking to see if there is any knowledge of it. Not starting any argument

#949 3 years ago

Just got the first step of my new rnb, rab, r&b working properly.

Boardset is so super clean except for the gi cn8 off the power board. Just so happens i had a gutted crusin usa cab and got the header connector repinned and she is on! One ramp was not lined up properly and got that sorted as well. Started a game and she runs!

Now to replace a drop target, a lot of gi bulbs, led all inserts, gi, and replace the launcher housing!

And going to take a stab at cliffys and diy a set...

20201211_011730 (resized).jpg20201211_011730 (resized).jpg20201211_011950 (resized).jpg20201211_011950 (resized).jpg
#950 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Trust me I’m good with it for being done for free. Was just wanting to bring up a conversation about it with the information I was provided by someone who has done some coloring for it. He said he went to color X-men and when he did magnito multi ball it took up the rest of the ram and was not able to finish. Just checking to see if this is case with this one. Just checking to see if there is any knowledge of it. Not starting any argument

Seems like the amount of research you've done on this PIN2DMD thing would negate the money you're saving on the product if you paid yourself an hourly local minimum wage. Just sayin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.