(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Metal. Look for a ‘fender washer’.

I may actually have some of those. Wonder why they used a metal one for the rear?

#852 3 years ago

some other guys posted pics on page 8 that it is clear plastic. just went down and looked in mine and I found the back washer. it is plastic. will put on later and give it a test

#853 3 years ago

That fixed it. Couple rounds in test mode and no longer gets stuck!

3 weeks later
#854 3 years ago

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/adv-of-rocky-bullwinkle-nos-playfield-450.460640/

Looks like this is still for sale if someone is looking for a nos playfield. some insert crackling but if yours is blown out, this is perfect for you.

#855 3 years ago

Hey all, I am considering selling my R&B. It has some issues with the volume POT, DE hum and for some reason the GI in the back of the PF goes on and off at random, I have spent hours trying to figure it out, including replacing boards. It plays 100% and I have replaced almost all the coils, LEDs and other minor fixes. I realize market varies by location etc, but I haven't seen recent actual sales for these machines. Is $2k in the right ballpark? I'd keep it but my kids don't play it often and I only have room for a few machines, so it's taking up precious space. TIA for any advice.

#856 3 years ago

I would say $2k is fair maybe even a little bit low given the work you've put into it. If you could figure out the GI issue, I'm sure it would sell quickly for $2,250 depending on the condition of the cabinet and playfield, but I also don't know what the market is like where you are.

#857 3 years ago

I would say fully working, you can get 2500-2600. these are bringing decent money right now and you may get more if its in good shape.

Now I have a question. how do you get this set on free play?

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Now I have a question. how do you get this set on free play?

It's in the adjustments menu. Adjustment 32.

1 week later
#859 3 years ago

Asking for some help from someone in one of the European countries that could help me with one plastic Nell part to complete my bullwinkle pinball! I Cant find just the Nell plastic used or repro that mounts on the log in the states, all are part of a larger repro set. I could make one, but looking to stay original.

I reached out to the German vendor Below in english, but not sure they have the US shipping or English capability. i would ask someone to have this part shipped to you in one of their supported countries and then to me in the states. California.

https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/plastics/30872/nell-plastik-bullwinkle?c=158

I would cover all costs associated and could
entice you with buying you a 6 pack or if there is something else if you dont drink alcohol

Thank you!

#860 3 years ago

Request fulfilled, thank you radial_head!

Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Asking for some help from someone in one of the European countries that could help me with one plastic Nell part to complete my bullwinkle pinball! I Cant find just the Nell plastic used or repro that mounts on the log in the states, all are part of a larger repro set. I could make one, but looking to stay original.
I reached out to the German vendor Below in english, but not sure they have the US shipping or English capability. i would ask someone to have this part shipped to you in one of their supported countries and then to me in the states. California.
https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/plastics/30872/nell-plastik-bullwinkle?c=158
I would cover all costs associated and could
entice you with buying you a 6 pack or if there is something else if you dont drink alcohol
Thank you!

#861 3 years ago

Anyone install a Mezel TV mod to their Bullwinkle pin? Curious to install location and overall impressions

https://mezelmods.com/products/rocky-and-bullwinkle-pinball-tv-video-display-mod?variant=30197743368

#862 3 years ago

Looks cool but would like to see a video of it. Could put it on top of the pop closest to the center shot

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Anyone install a Mezel TV mod to their Bullwinkle pin? Curious to install location and overall impressions
https://mezelmods.com/products/rocky-and-bullwinkle-pinball-tv-video-display-mod?variant=30197743368

I have emailed a couple of customers to see if they could send me pics of it installed. I sell a lot of these for a lot of different titles (TZ, TAF, Sopranos, GB, FG, Munsters, Beatles, Elvis, WPT, and South Park are probably the most popular), but I've only sold around 5 or 6 for R&B.

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have emailed a couple of customers to see if they could send me pics of it installed. I sell a lot of these for a lot of different titles (TZ, TAF, Sopranos, GB, FG, Munsters, Beatles, Elvis, WPT, and South Park are probably the most popular), but I've only sold around 5 or 6 for R&B.

A customer sent me these three pics. Looks like he installed using the screw on the hex post on the left side of the ramp.

3E56D6B548FC4F03BAFAD53DD7A45DF9 (resized).jpg3E56D6B548FC4F03BAFAD53DD7A45DF9 (resized).jpg4124E8560B374ACC87B71554A3256467 (resized).jpg4124E8560B374ACC87B71554A3256467 (resized).jpg5CCB656E3EB440E1850DA5F38D7D585B (resized).jpg5CCB656E3EB440E1850DA5F38D7D585B (resized).jpg
#865 3 years ago

Is there a video of the video the tv plays?

#866 3 years ago

It's just

Quoted from Bax1:

Is there a video of the video the tv plays?

It's just clips from the cartoon. When I try to record with my phone, the display and the camera are out of sync, so it flickers.

Here is a link to the first minute of the MET vid. Not sure if that will give you an idea.

#867 3 years ago

The hat trick is still driving me nuts.

Does anybody know where to buy the tracks that those piece sit in? one of mine is cut short and all of them are warped in one way or another.

Originally, I was having trouble where the Rhino insert was getting stuck up because it was getting stuck in the slightly warped track that had its full length. I figured that if I switched the clipped (shortened) hat trick plastic track over to the rhino, for whatever reason, it wouldn't get stuck. Now on the other hand, the Rhino plastic is popping FULL OUT of its track and gets stuck.

If there was a place to buy these tracks, I would order a whole new set. I've also thought about replacing the coil with something just slightly weaker and maybe it wouldn't jut out of place.

Obviously it doesn't affect gameplay but my god is it annoying.

#868 3 years ago

probably going to be tough to get. Marco's might be the best but if you can't find it, you probably could make one. Just plastic and a table saw would work.

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

probably going to be tough to get. Marco's might be the best but if you can't find it, you probably could make one. Just plastic and a table saw would work.

Nada at Marco. I should really learn 3D Printing software. Seems like it would be incredibly easy to print a mega strong one.

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The hat trick is still driving me nuts.
Does anybody know where to buy the tracks that those piece sit in? one of mine is cut short and all of them are warped in one way or another.
Originally, I was having trouble where the Rhino insert was getting stuck up because it was getting stuck in the slightly warped track that had its full length. I figured that if I switched the clipped (shortened) hat trick plastic track over to the rhino, for whatever reason, it wouldn't get stuck. Now on the other hand, the Rhino plastic is popping FULL OUT of its track and gets stuck.
If there was a place to buy these tracks, I would order a whole new set. I've also thought about replacing the coil with something just slightly weaker and maybe it wouldn't jut out of place.
Obviously it doesn't affect gameplay but my god is it annoying.

Can you see this link?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/386005805690699

I reached out to him, good guy. He printed and sent me one within a couple days.

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Can you see this link?
I reached out to him, good guy. He printed and sent me one within a couple days.

what did he charge?

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

what did he charge?

Think it was $15.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Can you see this link?

Oh wow! That looks great. Unfortunately I think the culprit for my issue is the longer bits on the left side. $15 a piece seems a little steep but I'd pay if it solved this issue.

#874 3 years ago

Any of you guys have an issue with the sensitivity on your pops. Just played 10+ games after adjusting making them tight and still thing they should be better

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Any of you guys have an issue with the sensitivity on your pops. Just played 10+ games after adjusting making them tight and still thing they should be better

I have had an ongoing issue with one of mine not firing. Then after a couple of games it works. I ended up taking them apart and cleaning the contacts really well. I did some tweaking centering the spoon. Surprising how things get out of alignment. I know its the fairly obvious answer but its really difficult not being able to diagnose some things without getting hands on.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

data east had the worst pop mechs when compared to the rest. I think fixed the design around Baywatch as the manual/flyer has blurp about new pop design in it which work much better than a game like Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

With some good adjusting like mentioned in the post above you can get them pretty good, but not to act like a sega/stern game.

#877 3 years ago

I was hoping not to take them apart. that is rough on the back lol

1 week later
#878 3 years ago

Picked up mine about a couple months ago and turns out the last owner bought it from Six Flags Magic Mountain and had it for the last 20 years and i remember playing it when i worked there pretty funny I can now say I owned something from my first job/childhood Great game son loves it

#879 3 years ago

Thats an awesome story. You beat me out on getting that unit from him i did pick one up a week after though. Did u get the right side alignment gap with the cabinet fixed?

Quoted from SirrPinalot:

Picked up mine about a couple months ago and turns out the last owner bought it from Six Flags Magic Mountain and had it for the last 20 years and i remember playing it when i worked there pretty funny I can now say I owned something from my first job/childhood Great game son loves it

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Thats an awesome story. You beat me out on getting that unit from him i did pick one up a week after though. Did u get the right side alignment gap with the cabinet fixed?

Still have not got to it yet honestly dont know how too haha also picked up a popeye a couple days after game is super underrated came with white powder coated rails and legs and new decals still have to install them any chance you know a guy named Oliver?

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from SirrPinalot:

Still have not got to it yet honestly dont know how too haha also picked up a popeye a couple days after game is super underrated came with white powder coated rails and legs and new decals still have to install them any chance you know a guy named Oliver?

That name doesnt sound familiar. I never even new there was a popeye pinball, congrats on the pickup. I’m fairly new to the pin scene but have gained quite a bit of repair skills from them the last year of ownership

#882 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

That name doesnt sound familiar. I never even new there was a popeye pinball, congrats on the pickup. I’m fairly new to the pin scene but have gained quite a bit of repair skills from them the last year of ownership

He´s the guy I purchased them off of great guy, I used to own an arcade back in the day called Nickel Mania in Lancaster only game i kept after it went out was SWE1 got it from CA Robinson NIB before they hit the hay I would stick with pinballs there always a fun time/hobby and great addition when you have friends or family over

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from SirrPinalot:

He´s the guy I purchased them off of great guy, I used to own an arcade back in the day called Nickel Mania in Lancaster only game i kept after it went out was SWE1 got it from CA Robinson NIB before they hit the hay I would stick with pinballs there always a fun time/hobby and great addition when you have friends or family over

Very cool.

I’m glad you ended up with the bullwinkle from Ivan considering your history of using it years back, it was meant for you full circle machine. I was bummed I missed out on it by a $100 Difference, but now super stoked it went to the right guy. Meant to be.

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from Bravebluerx:

Very cool.
I’m glad you ended up with the bullwinkle from Ivan considering your history of using it years back, it was meant for you full circle machine. I was bummed I missed out on it by a $100 Difference, but now super stoked it went to the right guy. Meant to be.

Pinball karma will visit you soon

2 weeks later
#885 3 years ago

Anyone have the color dmd for this? I’m debating on picking one up. Anyone have any issues with it?

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Anyone have the color dmd for this? I’m debating on picking one up. Anyone have any issues with it?

I’ve been thinking of doing the same.

Honestly, if R&B had much of a resale value, I would do a full cabinet rewrap, new backglass, and the color DMD. But alas.

But also, if I based all my pinball purchases on resale value, I’d be out of the hobby

#887 3 years ago

ColorDmd is spectacular in R&B! If you sell your pin and they don't want it, keep it for another title...

Color 1 (resized).jpgColor 1 (resized).jpgColor 2 (resized).jpgColor 2 (resized).jpgColor 3 (resized).jpgColor 3 (resized).jpg
#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

ColorDmd is spectacular in R&B!

I was just about to post those samples! I’m biased (since I colored this one), but I think the before/after screens should answer your question.
Plus, here’s the ColorDMD trailer.

#889 3 years ago

Again, my personal and biased opinion...
With a ColorDMD, you will see a lot of characters and detail you just can’t catch in monochrome when it’s flying by the screen.
For example, the photo of the orange screen, you can make out it’s Bullwinkle and two ‘girls’ tackling him - because it’s a still shot. When it’s moving on the screen, it’s a blur of orange dots.

88D7A4AC-FA59-4E33-B783-AC5E8A679D24 (resized).jpeg88D7A4AC-FA59-4E33-B783-AC5E8A679D24 (resized).jpeg
#890 3 years ago

I do have to say you did a hell of a job. I want one due to the awesome job you’ve done but I’m just curious about the reliability of them.

#891 3 years ago

I just installed the pin2dmd 128x32 Evo led panel in my bullwinkle today. A little research needed to understand everything but once you understand the basics and read the documentation on pin2dmd site, its straight forward and much cheaper option than color dmd. Color dmd may have a slightly more complete colorization file for all the bullwinkle frames, but so far this looks pretty good work.

I ran a 12v connection From the Bullwinkle CN6 with an ebay data east power tap (ebay.com link: Data East 12V 5V pinball power tap ) and that goes to the back Evo board 12v connection which has an onboard voltage converter that gives the led panel the 5v and higher amperage it needs coming from the CN6 connection. The evo board has a multitude of voltage input options which was initially confusing.

It ran me $210 shipped from pinside user Bsanders who even printed me out the 3d spacers and sd card configured for bullwinkle at no charge! There is also a large open source colorization community.

Additional Pics to follow shortly
87BAF82C-9541-4A9C-A53C-59320A86CB6B (resized).png87BAF82C-9541-4A9C-A53C-59320A86CB6B (resized).pngD44A3A66-E7AA-46EB-BE54-03C2E18FF668 (resized).pngD44A3A66-E7AA-46EB-BE54-03C2E18FF668 (resized).png

FA51FE54-69FE-409C-82F9-EAB9EBFE1E7C (resized).pngFA51FE54-69FE-409C-82F9-EAB9EBFE1E7C (resized).png4B05C113-E9D4-4601-AC54-3DB79261628C (resized).png4B05C113-E9D4-4601-AC54-3DB79261628C (resized).png9BC7A27B-2ADA-41CB-AE96-BAE35E9FC4BF (resized).png9BC7A27B-2ADA-41CB-AE96-BAE35E9FC4BF (resized).png01F8AC2C-D227-4D7B-A394-A7DB1CF759F5 (resized).png01F8AC2C-D227-4D7B-A394-A7DB1CF759F5 (resized).pngF1F4861D-5237-4518-BBCE-8CF452CC9678 (resized).pngF1F4861D-5237-4518-BBCE-8CF452CC9678 (resized).png
#892 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I’m just curious about the reliability of them.

I don’t mean that as a big brag or anything like that - just trying to qualify the next statement and answer your question.

I’ve had a ColorDMD in MM for almost 7 years I think. I’ve had 30+ of them over the years, have 26 installed right now. I’ve colored 6 titles. I think I’ve installed every version of ColorDMD in a machine from every machine manufacturer.

I do not think you’ll find anybody saying they’re unreliable or that Randy is anything but awesome when it comes to customer service when needed.
Buy with confidence. And remember, you can always swap the original back in if you sell the machine and move the ColorDMD to another. Just download new ROM and you’re set!

#893 3 years ago

Just found a cool ¨Easter egg¨ on R&B if you look next to were the wabac machines part is on the playfield on the left side it looks like the delorean zooming in Just a neat little thing I thought i´d share

#894 3 years ago

So when you buy the color dmd, it’s plug and play right? Don’t need to burn a rom?

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So when you buy the color dmd, it’s plug and play right? Don’t need to burn a rom?

You don’t have to burn a ROM. You download the ROM file for your machine onto a USB drive and then insert that into the ColorDMD display card. Super easy.
If you move the ColorDMD display to a different machine, just download a different ROM and you’re set.

Here’s a video from the ColorDMD site

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

its really easy, i did mine, and would never go back.

#897 3 years ago

I guess that settles it. I have to get one!! now why is the r&b a couple bucks more than others?

#898 3 years ago

R&B should be less then the others, it's only available as the led, and not the lcd version. I have them in all my games including R&B. You'll never want one with out one again.

Quoted from Bax1:

I guess that settles it. I have to get one!! now why is the r&b a couple bucks more than others?

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

why is the r&b a couple bucks more than others?

I know DE machines need a splitter. The post a few before this one has a picture of it

It’s included with the display when you order. So that’s my guess on price difference.

#900 3 years ago

gotcha makes sense. Looks like I am going to order one up. thanks for the input guys!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.