(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7466 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7468 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.
#601 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone have or can take a picture or two of what the mount looks like under the Boris ball launch? There has been some amateur engineering happening on the one I just bought and I know it's not right. Functional but not right.

Which mount? under the pf, or the button and such? Here is one from HEP's website. I used this to try to make mine correct.

43_G (resized).jpg43_G (resized).jpg
#602 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Which mount? under the pf, or the button and such? Here is one from HEP's website. I used this to try to make mine correct.
[quoted image]

thanks for the picture. it helps. my button mount appears to be switched out with a metal plate that has a cobbled hole cut in it causing the switch to not seat correctly. any chance someone could send a pic of the wiring to the switch? mine has some resistor soldered in there and a wire crimped over time of it. doesn't seem correc. it works but I know its not right

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

thanks for the picture. it helps. my button mount appears to be switched out with a metal plate that has a cobbled hole cut in it causing the switch to not seat correctly. any chance someone could send a pic of the wiring to the switch? mine has some resistor soldered in there and a wire crimped over time of it. doesn't seem correc. it works but I know its not right

I think Marco has the correct housing, mounting, and Boris button for the game if you need those.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I think it is supposed to have the resistor. i'll see what other pics I have here at work.

#605 5 years ago

According to the manual, it should have green-red and White - brown. and it looks like a diode in the white brown line with the <I (direction triangle) in the white brown line facing the switch. if I am reading it correctly. Also what it seems to be in the above picture.

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I think Marco has the correct housing, mounting, and Boris button for the game if you need those.

Marco has it listed, but doesn't have stock or will get more of the brackets. I tried.

#607 5 years ago

ill relook at mine but mine has a yellow/blue wire on one side, a yellow wire with a red tied together on the other side and w white wire jammed in the top on the pin with the resistor. there is another wire on its own pin on the top but I cannot remember the color right now. I disconnected the red wire and I lose illumination to the bulb. also if I ground that white wire that is jammed on that pin on top it auto launches the ball and reads "danger on the display"

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

ill relook at mine but mine has a yellow/blue wire on one side, a yellow wire with a red tied together on the other side and w white wire jammed in the top on the pin with the resistor. there is another wire on its own pin on the top but I cannot remember the color right now. I disconnected the red wire and I lose illumination to the bulb. also if I ground that white wire that is jammed on that pin on top it auto launches the ball and reads "danger on the display"

I just gave you the info for the switch, I didn't give you the info for the light bulb. Looks like the light should be Yellow-blue and Red-Grey. Which in the pic above looks like the red-grey is tied to the ground strap, and a "wire" from the strap to the light.
If you look in my thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pickup-rocky-and-bullwinkle-with-questions/page/2?gallery#g
There are some pics of the boris button wiring

#609 5 years ago

I got my boris button from I think the place in Germany. I don't remember who I got the housing from I think maybe Freeplay40, but could be totally wrong on that. If you look in my thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pickup-rocky-and-bullwinkle-with-questions/page/2?gallery#g
There are some pics of the boris button wiring. Also some dimensioned pictures of the brackets that could be used to make or get some new ones made, the really aren't that difficult. the straight one you could just measure up. I thought it would be the same as the 90 only straight, not quite though.

#610 5 years ago
#611 5 years ago

thanks guys for all the help. I am new to fixing my own pins so I get nervous working on them. the think I don't get is they mounted a metal plate over the spot where the switch goes and them added a bracket to the plate and half ass made a hole in the plate for the switch to fit. I don't get why they removed the 2 brackets to do this

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

thanks guys for all the help. I am new to fixing my own pins so I get nervous working on them. the think I don't get is they mounted a metal plate over the spot where the switch goes and them added a bracket to the plate and half ass made a hole in the plate for the switch to fit. I don't get why they removed the 2 brackets to do this

If you ever have problems with the boards I am local and have rebuilt a bunch of them. Just finished repairing a Data East MPU that had all sorts of hacks on it.

Robert

#613 5 years ago

If you ever have problems with the boards I am local and have rebuilt a bunch of them. Just finished repairing a Data East MPU that had all sorts of hacks on it.
Robert

thanks for the offer! I will reach out if I need your help

#614 5 years ago

Question, I have the attract music set to on but never hear it. Only thing that plays is music for Jurassic park pin that is coming out. Is there a problem or is there no real music?

#615 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Question, I have the attract music set to on but never hear it. Only thing that plays is music for Jurassic park pin that is coming out. Is there a problem or is there no real music?

Do you know the history of the machine? Maybe someone swapped out a sound card or sound card ROM chips.

#616 5 years ago

Do you know the history of the machine? Maybe someone swapped out a sound card or sound card ROM chips.

I don't. How can I tell? All the other sounds during game play and when I boot the game up seem fine.

#617 5 years ago

I left the owner's club yesterday as I sold my game with a LED ColorDMD at the local pinball and arcade show. It is definitely going to a good home.20181019_192118 (resized).jpg20181019_192118 (resized).jpg

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I left the owner's club yesterday as I sold my game with a LED ColorDMD at the local pinball and arcade show. It is definitely going to a good home.[quoted image]

Looks nice, do see NO nose damage. if so congrats on that one.

#619 5 years ago

Anyone know where to pick up some speakers for R&B? I have some speaker buzz but only out of the right speaker and was thinking of trying to replace it. I checked, tightened and repaired the grounds already with no noticeable change.

1 week later
#620 5 years ago

When I start my R&B I get this strange screen, the game starts and displays the Bullwinkle Skill Shot display for the entire game. All features of the game work properly except the display. Had anyone seen this display before?

20181103_094205 (resized).jpg20181103_094205 (resized).jpg
#621 5 years ago
Quoted from gvac:

When I start my R&amp;B I get this strange screen, the game starts and displays the Bullwinkle Skill Shot display for the entire game. All features of the game work properly except the display. Had anyone seen this display before?
[quoted image]

I'd check the ribbon cable connection to the DMD display board first. Beyond that I'd probably pull the power board if it hasn't been gone through and replace the 5v cap since those are always bad and then check the ROMs to verify the images and make a new set of the v1.3 version for both the MPU and Display.

#622 5 years ago

has anyone figured out the part numbers for these hat trick pieces and where to purchase them?

6702b1052a4e818608ffa2cced379fa3db880f9e (resized).jpg6702b1052a4e818608ffa2cced379fa3db880f9e (resized).jpg

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

has anyone figured out the part numbers for these hat trick pieces and where to purchase them?
[quoted image]

Seems like most of these mechs are different game to game after all these years

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

[quoted image]

in the manual I see this listed:
254-5000-06 hex spacer 1 1/8, and 232-5201-00 6-32x3/8. But at the bottom of the same page I see this:

r&b (resized).JPGr&b (resized).JPG
#625 5 years ago

I thought that looks like the pivot (base) end of bullwinkle's arm - not the end by his fingers?

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I thought that looks like the pivot (base) end of bullwinkle's arm - not the end by his fingers?

Those are the pivot base parts (Detail B-B). The 254-5000-06 hex spacer 1 1/8, and 232-5201-00 6-32x3/8 are the pieces by his fingers. I don't think what you have in your picture are original parts. It looks like an attempt to help keep the metal fasteners from scraping the plastics. The spacer is available from Marco (.89). The screw is standard stock.

#627 5 years ago

part

marco part ##254-5000-06 is this

Spacer - plastic standoff 3/8" x 1-1/8"

#254-5000-06

Black plastic spacer .175 inch ID x 3/8 (.375) OD x 1-1/8 (1.125) inch tall.

so then does the 6-32 pan head screw just thread into the plastic spacer? which then just rides on top of the lifted plastics?

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#628 5 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Those are the pivot base parts (Detail B-B). The 254-5000-06 hex spacer 1 1/8, and 232-5201-00 6-32x3/8 are the pieces by his fingers. I don't think what you have in your picture are original parts. It looks like an attempt to help keep the metal fasteners from scraping the plastics. The spacer is available from Marco (.89). The screw is standard stock.

That is entirely possible. The pic of the parts are what I provided that are in mine. It is a reimport, with more than one "fix". So it wouldn't surprise me that they aren't the correct ones. but I have no way of knowing. Or is it possible that they made a running change?

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

That is entirely possible. The pic of the parts are what I provided that are in mine. It is a reimport, with more than one "fix". So it wouldn't surprise me that they aren't the correct ones. but I have no way of knowing. Or is it possible that they made a running change?

Mine was an import also. It was difficult to figure some things out when the USA version of the manual didn't match the what was in the machine... Comes down to whatever makes the machine work.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

part
marco part ##254-5000-06 is this
Spacer - plastic standoff 3/8" x 1-1/8"
#254-5000-06
Black plastic spacer .175 inch ID x 3/8 (.375) OD x 1-1/8 (1.125) inch tall.
so then does the 6-32 pan head screw just thread into the plastic spacer? which then just rides on top of the lifted plastics?
[quoted image]

That is what mine does but like has been recently stated, who knows what differences there were between domestic and foreign versions.

#631 5 years ago

can some of you post some pictures of your assembly please......mine just has a drywall screw thru his arm!

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

can some of you post some pictures of your assembly please......mine just has a drywall screw thru his arm!

Mine is what is shown in the picture above. I would think that the plastic sleeve and screws, maybe with 2 ultra thin (mylar) washers would work just fine.

1 week later
#633 5 years ago

Hi !

Does anyone of you have the exact dimensions, especially the width and thickness (thickness of the material) of the Hat Trick Plastics?

Thanks!

lion (resized).jpglion (resized).jpg
#634 5 years ago

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!

I’m in the club! Missing the lion in the hat trick assembly, but I think that’s it. I have to drill out the lock before I can test it out. The display wasn’t working, but appears it was just a loose connection to one of the IDC connectors. I’m sure I’ll end up with questions haha.

#635 5 years ago

Added some flipper bat's to the game. They look great. Thanks @ulekstore!

IMG_20181125_181752_142 (resized).jpgIMG_20181125_181752_142 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#636 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra Boris plastic for the shooter lane? Just noticed this one is cracked and could use a replacement.

Boris_Plastic (resized).jpgBoris_Plastic (resized).jpg
#637 5 years ago

Does anyone know of a source for the correct short rubber bungie cord in the base to hold up the playfield? The one on my game has one end ripped out.

#638 5 years ago

Can anyone snap some close ups of how the shooter button housing sits against the machine? I finally got to fixing the cobbled mess the last owner had but it seems li,e the plastic housing is a little loose in the cut out area. Thanks for any help.

#639 5 years ago

That housing should fit tight against the cabinet in the recessed area. I just installed a replacement housing and correct Boris button on mine. The screw holes in the reproduction housing were a bit off so I had to file them out a little in order to get the screws in. Luckily it wasn't a lot and the head still covered the holes.

One odd fact is that the orientation of the housing for the Boris button and the locating holes were 90 degrees off from the original. I re drilled those holes to match the original. I also had to take apart the Boris button to turn the insert 90 degrees so it all matched the original. This was all in addition to enlarging the holes above to get that new cover installed.

Also installed a white led since it should last longer that a bulb and it would be a pain to change later.

1 week later
#640 5 years ago

I have a question about the start up sounds. When I turn on the pin Bullwinkle says "It's" It sounds like he is going to say more, but the pin starts playing the sound before you hit the credit button. Does anyone else's game have Bullwinkle saying more when the game is turned on. The game is set for free play. Everything else is working 100% (as far as I know).

Thanks,
Phil

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

I have a question about the start up sounds. When I turn on the pin Bullwinkle says "It's" It sounds like he is going to say more, but the pin starts playing the sound before you hit the credit button. Does anyone else's game have Bullwinkle saying more when the game is turned on. The game is set for free play. Everything else is working 100% (as far as I know).
Thanks,
Phil

Take it off freeplay and try it again

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

Thanks,
Phil

Tried mine tonight and does the same thing.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Tried mine tonight and does the same thing.

It's suppose to say "It's Showtime"

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's suppose to say "It's Showtime"

What do you think might be our issues?

#645 5 years ago

What version of the main ROM is your machine running? Is it v1.3

I have the latest version in mine and it does the same thing. Seems that the default sound that the sound board makes may be that phrase. Maybe the earlier version of the main ROM just let the sound card run. The newer one may reset it sooner to cut off the sound.

Either way it always seemed like a random startup sound until the boards finish initializing during a power up.

No issues when the game is on or playing.

#646 5 years ago

Anyone know where this may have popped out from? Came floating down the playing field tonight. I feel like it came from somewhere near the top bumper or ramps.

20190203_200437_resized (resized).jpg20190203_200437_resized (resized).jpg20190203_200440_resized (resized).jpg20190203_200440_resized (resized).jpg
#647 5 years ago

It's foam. Hard to tell from those pictures.

#648 5 years ago

I’m having what appears to be a switch problem. What has me puzzled is that these two seeming unrelated switch issues show themselves at the same time.

When the ball goes into the Aesop hole (left side) it does not come back up until the machine goes into ball find mode. It then kicks it out and game continues to play. Similarly, when a ball drains, the ball is not registering as over. No bonus calculated , no new ball started.

These two problems areas come together but yet seem otherwise unrelated. Any suggestions?

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Added some flipper bat's to the game. They look great. Thanks ulekstore!

Really - looks great... i like them
But i didn´t find the bats at ulekstore.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from Fox_HH:

Really - looks great... i like them
But i didn´t find the bats at ulekstore.

Send him an email, he will whip you up some.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 18.95
3,900 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,485 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.