(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,513 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by 2x286ps
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bild_2024-04-22_231243432 (resized).png
IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.
#551 5 years ago

No problem! Good luck and let us know if u get it figured out.

#552 5 years ago

Skillshot Update: I ended up replacing my shooter coil with a 23-840 (090-5005-00) for a little more power and it has completely changed the skillshot. Now it's tough to figure out which lane the ball will end up going down. Much more fun!! The only issue is every once in a while (1 in 25) it's so strong the ball bounces completely out of the lanes and returns down the right. I'll take it any day though vs always ending up in the left lane. BTW, I set the coils to soft in settings. Now i have the right lane and middle lane being used as much as the left lane.

#553 5 years ago

During game play the ball keeps getting caught behind the diverter in the uppper left section by the VUK. I’m not even sure how it gets there but there is no way to get it out without removing the glass.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions of where to start in trying to fix the issue?

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

During game play the ball keeps getting caught behind the diverter in the uppper left section by the VUK. I’m not even sure how it gets there but there is no way to get it out without removing the glass.
Anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions of where to start in trying to fix the issue?

Can you post some pics or video of this happening?

RM

#555 5 years ago

Should my ball save light be on when i launch? I have only experienced like a half dozen ball saves on this game and i play all the time...the “ball save” or “shoot again” light never comes on unless of course i get an extra ball...is this an error or is the ball save on this game whacky? Thanks for any help

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Can you post some pics or video of this happening?

Tough spot to see but there is a diverter just under the VUK. I can’t even figure out how the ball is getting in there during game play but it ends up nestled along the bottom of the diverter with no way out.

91ED93EB-92E0-45E5-8251-5C09FFC6F84E (resized).jpeg91ED93EB-92E0-45E5-8251-5C09FFC6F84E (resized).jpegC9A7BBE5-7047-4F00-92F0-E7417482E829 (resized).jpegC9A7BBE5-7047-4F00-92F0-E7417482E829 (resized).jpeg
#557 5 years ago

The ball gets stuck right by the orange TNT box graphic

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

Should my ball save light be on when i launch? I have only experienced like a half dozen ball saves on this game and i play all the time...the “ball save” or “shoot again” light never comes on unless of course i get an extra ball...is this an error or is the ball save on this game whacky? Thanks for any help

i think this is normal. I have got a few ball saves since I have had mine fixed.

#559 5 years ago

Does your ball save light come on? My other two pins have a ball save light that turns off after 5-10 seconds...R&B the ball save light is never on unless extra ball is earned...thanks for reply

#560 5 years ago

just played a couple games during my lunch break. I didn't notice any light on. where is the ball save light?

#561 5 years ago

Between the flippers...might be called shoot again on this game...its always something different...my ball times are short as my wang on this game so i was hoping i could fix somethingi just suck and thats... ok

Thanks buddy

#562 5 years ago

yes its shoot again and it doesn't light up. at least I haven't noticed it but sometimes get ball saves

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Tough spot to see but there is a diverter just under the VUK. I can’t even figure out how the ball is getting in there during game play but it ends up nestled along the bottom of the diverter with no way out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your diverter is installed incorrectly. It should be in the middle, between the lane to the left of where it is now. The diverter then opens to the left when the hat trick comes on and the ball goes into the VUK (theoretically ).

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from HamDandsome:

Between the flippers...might be called shoot again on this game...its always something different...my ball times are short as my wang on this game so i was hoping i could fix somethingi just suck and thats... ok
Thanks buddy

Shoot again light only comes on when (if) you get a free ball. There is no short ball timer for this game .

#565 5 years ago

Perfect thank you!

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

Shoot again light only comes on when (if) you get a free ball. There is no short ball timer for this game .

Are you sure about that? On mine there had been a few times when a really short ball ends up showing "Stay tuned" and kicks out a new ball. There must be some setting to control it.

What ROM version do you have? I am running 1.3

#567 5 years ago

There is a short ball timer but if your average ball time is high, it diables it. When it drains quickly it does an animation and says “stay tuned, there’s more” and launches another ball. Cant remember what the avg ball time that causes it to disable and I dont know if shoot again is lit during ball save time.

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

The ball gets stuck right by the orange TNT box graphic

That is odd.

1. Can you take a few more pics of that area zoomed out a bit; I want to look at your ramps more.

2. Does the diverter work correctly in coil test, and in gameplay (take glass off, hit the 3 Hat Trick targets so Hat Trick is lit, and then roll the ball into the lane; when the ball hits that rollunder switch, the diverter should swing all the way left and the ball should land in the VUK)

RussM

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

There is a short ball timer but if your average ball time is high, it diables it. When it drains quickly it does an animation and says “stay tuned, there’s more” and launches another ball. Cant remember what the avg ball time that causes it to disable and I dont know if shoot again is lit during ball save time.

played mine a few times over the weekend. purposely drained to see it save the ball. shoot again does not light up and I think ball save is if you don't trigger any switch.

#570 5 years ago

R&B arrived a few weeks ago what a fun game and missus likes it win win
Never thought this would be as good as it is stripped cleaned polished top of game LEDs and its bright and cheerful very glad I bought it

#571 5 years ago

On the backbox animation the Rhino and Rockybwork perfect. The lion goes up the drops a bit before lowering. I've read others have issues with the lion. What's up with that particular one? I saw a note about changing the coil voltage for that one. What are the known issues and fixes for that?

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

On the backbox animation the Rhino and Rockybwork perfect. The lion goes up the drops a bit before lowering. I've read others have issues with the lion. What's up with that particular one? I saw a note about changing the coil voltage for that one. What are the known issues and fixes for that?

you can do a daisy chain from one of the other coils and it won't be as powerful but will also not break your lion. Need to do this to mine. Mine hits up so hard that it gets stuck behind Bullwinkle's hand.

#573 5 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

you can do a daisy chain from one of the other coils and it won't be as powerful but will also not break your lion. Need to do this to mine. Mine hits up so hard that it gets stuck behind Bullwinkle's hand.

There's a full writeup of this including pics done by some weirdo on these forums.

RussMyers

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

There's a full writeup of this including pics done by some weirdo on these forums.
RussMyers

I'll have to search for it. If you happen to find the link before me please feel free to share it.

Thank you.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I'll have to search for it. If you happen to find the link before me please feel free to share it.
Thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rb-rocky-and-bullwinkle-mod-to-reduce-power-at-the-lion-backbox-coil

#576 5 years ago

Awesome. Thank you! After reading the details it makes a lot of sense to me. Sounds like it a simple mod to perform before there is a real problem.

#577 5 years ago

Good news!!! CPR R&B plastic set is now available.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/rockyandbullwinkle/

2018-09-12 09_52_29-Rocky And Bullwinkle – classicplayfields.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-09-12 09_52_29-Rocky And Bullwinkle – classicplayfields.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

o look at your ramps more.
2. Does the diverter work correctly in coil test, and in gameplay (take glass off, hit the 3 Hat Trick targets so Hat Trick is lit, and then roll the ball into the lane; when the ball hits that rollunder switch, the diverter should swing all the way left and the ball should land in the VUK)

Yes, the Diverter works as you described both in game play and in test mode. The problem appears when Hat Trick is lit and the ball goes up the ramp without enough speed to reach the VUK. It settles into inside of the diverter with no way out.

467CF629-2FF9-4301-ADE9-7F4D50D740D6 (resized).jpeg467CF629-2FF9-4301-ADE9-7F4D50D740D6 (resized).jpeg
#579 5 years ago

Your diverter is installed incorrectly. It should be in the middle, between the lane to the left of where it is now. The diverter then opens to the left when the hat trick comes on and the ball goes into the VUK (theoretically ).

As mentioned above, the diverter appears to work as it should, at least in test and what I can see in game play. The problem is when the ball lack enough speed to make it to the VUK, it comes to a rest in the diverter with no way out. Is this just a flaw in game design or am I missing something regarding proper operation/game play?

C5FE339E-F580-4CD1-AD12-593AC01CEE50 (resized).jpegC5FE339E-F580-4CD1-AD12-593AC01CEE50 (resized).jpeg
#580 5 years ago

OK, so manually with the glass off, when you hit the 3 hat trick targets and Hat Trick is lit,

Then shoot the ball into that lane, as the ball passes under the switch, the hat trick diverter should pop open to the left,

the ball should then land in the VUK cup and be shot into the yellow wireform.

Does this happen most of the time?

I can see how a weak shot could end up missing the VUK and then get stuck behind the diverter but I have never seen that happen on my own R&B after 6 or 7 years of owning one.

If a ball gets stuck there, the automatic ball search function should open the diverter to let it out - does that happen?

RussM

#581 5 years ago

Mine does not do that either, but here is why. This is my diverter closed position, you can see how open is still is to allow the ball to come back out if it doesn't make it tot he VUK.

-Mike

20180912_082157 (resized).jpg20180912_082157 (resized).jpg
#582 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussMyers

man that weirdo came up with a great idea.....

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

As mentioned above, the diverter appears to work as it should, at least in test and what I can see in game play. The problem is when the ball lack enough speed to make it to the VUK, it comes to a rest in the diverter with no way out. Is this just a flaw in game design or am I missing something regarding proper operation/game play?
[quoted image]

Are you talking about the diverter on the ramp? Or the one on the main playfield? The angle of the picture is killing me. Looks like it is sitting at the end of the diverter on the ramp.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Then shoot the ball into that lane, as the ball passes under the switch, the hat trick diverter should pop open to the left,
the ball should then land in the VUK cup and be shot into the yellow wireform.
Does this happen most of the time?

Yes, this happens most of the time

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If a ball gets stuck there, the automatic ball search function should open the diverter to let it out - does that happen?

No, the ball search function does not set it free. It appears that the diverter doesn’t open enough in ball search to allow it to roll out.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from Sliderpoint:Mine does not do that either, but here is why. This is my diverter closed position, you can see how open is still is to allow the ball to come back out if it doesn't make it tot he VUK.

Mine in the closed position has no gap and thus no escape route. Is this an install issue?

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

More
Are you talking about the diverter on the ramp? Or the one on the main playfield?

Main playfield just under the VUK

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Main playfield just under the VUK

Thank you. Hat trick should have clued me in. Work has been bonkers.

Looks like your diverter needs to be adjusted differently. When the diverter is actually open, I believe it should be touching the left orbit ball guide. Adjust it more like what Sliderpoint shows when it is in game over mode.

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from Leosac:

Mine in the closed position has no gap and thus no escape route. Is this an install issue?

Yes. Adjust just like PinballManiac40 said above. When Open (active) it should touch the left orbit, when closed it should look more like my pic. Plenty of room for the ball.

-Mike

edit: if that doesn't seem possible for some reason, you may want to post pics of the coil and linkage under your playfield so we can see what may be up.

1 week later
#590 5 years ago
Quoted from Sliderpoint:

Yes. Adjust just like pinballmaniac40 said above. When Open (active) it should touch the left orbit, when closed it should look more like my pic. Plenty of room for the ball.

Fixed just as suggested. Thanks to everyone for the input and patience.

#591 5 years ago

Ok, had a problem. when playing this weekend, the left flipper would sometimes not flip, flip with no power, flip up and immediately go back down, even with the button still pressed, or work correctly. I am thinking the end of stroke switch, and maybe the button switch. Both flippers were completely rebuilt within the last 2 years. With very little use since, but enough to know that they were working. Any thoughts? I didn't get a chance to look into yet, just wanted to get some places to look...I am going to cross post to the DE club also.

1 week later
#592 5 years ago

Here's a random video of me playing The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, thought i'd share it here

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Ok, had a problem. when playing this weekend, the left flipper would sometimes not flip, flip with no power, flip up and immediately go back down, even with the button still pressed, or work correctly. I am thinking the end of stroke switch, and maybe the button switch. Both flippers were completely rebuilt within the last 2 years. With very little use since, but enough to know that they were working. Any thoughts? I didn't get a chance to look into yet, just wanted to get some places to look...I am going to cross post to the DE club also.

Don't forget to look over the flipper board

#594 5 years ago

Has anyone put the Retro Refurb blue Rocky cabinet decals on their machine? I repainted the cabinet and backbox matching the blue to the original blue but the color of the cabinet decals is a much lighter blue. If you have installed the decals did you paint the cabinet to match the decal color blue or did you keep the original blue and just install the decals?

1 week later
#595 5 years ago

Anyone have a better looking backbox plastic to sell?

20181014_115050 (resized).jpg20181014_115050 (resized).jpg20181014_115059 (resized).jpg20181014_115059 (resized).jpg
#596 5 years ago

Boom! I'm in the club! Picked mine up tonight. Big shout out to Michigan pinball for the pin!

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Don't forget to look over the flipper board

I will. I haven't messed with it yet. Been in a funk lately and not wanting to really mess with or play any of the games.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I will. I haven't messed with it yet. Been in a funk lately and not wanting to really mess with or play any of the games.

I hear ya. that is why it took for ever for me to get mine going. had other priorities to take care of before games.

#599 5 years ago

Anyone have or can take a picture or two of what the mount looks like under the Boris ball launch? There has been some amateur engineering happening on the one I just bought and I know it's not right. Functional but not right.

#600 5 years ago

While people are asking for pictures it would be cool to see how the ground strap for the head is supposed to be attached. I had one hanging loose on my game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/12?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.