(Topic ID: 146487)

"That trick never works!" - Rocky & Bullwinkle Club!

By RDReynolds

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,512 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg
PPB F5 Broken Fuse Holder (resized).JPG
DE JP PPB Board (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2464 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2427 (resized).JPG
IMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2422 (resized).JPG
IMG_2421 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240305_102841_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_2361 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Just FYI - The score doubling only comes into play if you get a Mystery Select with a score less than 100M or a Super Mystery Select with less than 300M. I think it's also possible with a ???, but the score limit is based on whether or not you recently got a SMS or not.
Jon

Thanks for the info! I suspected something like this, since the double score award usually came up early in the game.

#452 6 years ago

Just finished stripping the playfield on our R&B. Cleaned, buffed, and waxed it. This one has mylar almost over the entire playfield.

I know they are hard to come by, but if anyone has a backglass in any kind of condition, please let me know. This game came without one.

IMG_3298 (resized).jpgIMG_3298 (resized).jpg

IMG_3304 (resized).jpgIMG_3304 (resized).jpg

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just finished stripping the playfield on our R&B. Cleaned, buffed, and waxed it. This one has mylar almost over the entire playfield.
I know they are hard to come by, but if anyone has a backglass in any kind of condition, please let me know. This game came without one.

Damn, that looks pretty, hope mine cleans up that nice.

#454 6 years ago

I recently noticed that Rocky (the Rabbit) never came up anymore when I started the Hat Trick. After a lot of digging I found out that a factory reset (in the Adjustments menu) fixed the problem. I thought i'd share this here since more people might be having this problem, and the thread that mentions this solution is pretty hard to find.

1 month later
#455 6 years ago

I just picked this game up on the weekend. Does anyone have any custom instruction cards for this? I'd rather not try and make something because it will inevitably look very homemade.

RabPickup (resized).jpgRabPickup (resized).jpg

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I just picked this game up on the weekend. Does anyone have any custom instruction cards for this? I'd rather not try and make something because it will inevitably look very homemade.

Here are a couple of links
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-create-your-own-custom-rule-cards/page/5#post-3259994
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-for-rocky-bullwinkle

2 weeks later
#458 6 years ago

New issue today. Game powers on, goes through coil test, and starts game. Kicks ball into shooter lane it will not launch, also no power to flippers. Checked fuses and replaced the fuse holders on the flipper board. What should I check next?

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

New issue today. Game powers on, goes through coil test, and starts game. Kicks ball into shooter lane it will not launch, also no power to flippers. Checked fuses and replaced the fuse holders on the flipper board. What should I check next?

Check to make sure that you didn't set the pf down on the launcher coil and bend something weird. I accidently did that and pushed the leads together.

#460 6 years ago

Found the problem, had a short on the ground on the power supply board

2 weeks later
#461 5 years ago

Would anyone be will to scan their Rocky and Bullwinkle Back Glass for me? We acquired a RB that missing the back glass. I see a couple of place has them available new but very pricey.

I would be more than happy to share the file after I'm done correcting the artwork.

Thanks!

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Would anyone be will to scan their Rocky and Bullwinkle Back Glass for me? We acquired a RB that missing the back glass. I see a couple of place has them available new but very pricey.
I would be more than happy to share the file after I'm done correcting the artwork.
Thanks!

Someone pointed me in the direction of a place in EUrope that can do them but without the mirroring effect. The price was though, as you say, a bit steep.

I'd happily scan mine but i'm in the midst of a house move. If noone else can do it then I can probably help out but it won't be until the start of June.

#463 5 years ago

New member of the club here.........bought at Allentown this weekend.......first Data East machine

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

New member of the club here.........bought at Allentown this weekend.......first Data East machine

Enjoy, it's a fun game

#465 5 years ago

Thanks!

I think I found someone that has the file. I appreciate the offer!

There's a couple guys that make the backglass...but like you said...expensive and no mirror.

The game is going on location and probably won't make enough cash to cover just the backglass..lol

Quoted from wiredworm:

Someone pointed me in the direction of a place in EUrope that can do them but without the mirroring effect. The price was though, as you say, a bit steep.
I'd happily scan mine but i'm in the midst of a house move. If noone else can do it then I can probably help out but it won't be until the start of June.

#466 5 years ago

I am looking for the cardboard (fish paper) cover for the S.S. Flipper P.C.B. or for someone willing to remove theirs and make me a pattern......I was looking at HEP restore file and noticed that is something missing from my new purchase. any help at all greatly appreciated.......

44_G_sized (resized).jpg44_G_sized (resized).jpg

#467 5 years ago

question, i am installing a colordmd in my Rocky and Bullwinkle. All is going well. In front of my old dmd there is a pane of glass. When i install the new dmd, the glass is loose. i don't know if the glass is factory. IF so should it be loose. Also there were 2 "L" brackets attacked to the speakers going down towards the glass, but they aren't the same length, or size. I don't think they are factory. If anyone can shed some light on this, please advise. also posted in the data east club

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

question, i am installing a colordmd in my Rocky and Bullwinkle. All is going well. In front of my old dmd there is a pane of glass. When i install the new dmd, the glass is loose. i don't know if the glass is factory. IF so should it be loose. Also there were 2 "L" brackets attacked to the speakers going down towards the glass, but they aren't the same length, or size. I don't think they are factory. If anyone can shed some light on this, please advise. also posted in the data east club

Glass or plastic?

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Glass or plastic?

Glass. Nothing holds it side to side, or front to back, and with the DMD tight, it is still loose and goes in and out some and left to right. Am I missing some sort or pad?

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Glass. Nothing holds it side to side, or front to back, and with the DMD tight, it is still loose and goes in and out some and left to right. Am I missing some sort or pad?

Not all of my DE speaker panels have the plastic between the DMD and the front of the panel. I don't think it should be glass, the plastic one I have on mine was plastic with two foam pads on each side. When you put the assembly together, the foam is held to the front of the speaker panel.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Not all of my DE speaker panels have the plastic between the DMD and the front of the panel. I don't think it should be glass, the plastic one I have on mine was plastic with two foam pads on each side. When you put the assembly together, the foam is held to the front of the speaker panel.

Just watched a video of one being installed in Jurassic park, the plastic "glass" was notched around the posts and had foam pads at each end, mine doesn't have that at all.

#472 5 years ago

Have had my R&B for over two years now but finally getting around to joining the club.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Just watched a video of one being installed in Jurassic park, the plastic "glass" was notched around the posts and had foam pads at each end, mine doesn't have that at all.

Guy on ebay sells what you need.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Guy on ebay sells what you need.

got a link for that?

#475 5 years ago

so does anyone have the cardboard (fish paper) cover for the S.S. Flipper P.C.B. that i pictured a few days earlier (see post 466 for picture) or willing to remove theirs and make me a pattern.......... it is missing from my the R&B that i bought. any help at all greatly appreciated.......it is on most data east machines

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

so does anyone have the cardboard (fish paper) cover for the S.S. Flipper P.C.B. that i pictured a few days earlier or willing to remove theirs and make me a pattern.......... it is missing from my the R&B that i bought. any help at all greatly appreciated.......

I looked on mine and I don't see what you are referring to. Sorry..........

#477 5 years ago

it is located in the lower cabinet (see picture in post 466)

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

it is located in the lower cabinet (see picture in post 466)

Mine is uncovered as I assume yours is also. Mine was manufactured in England. Possibly, maybe some units didn't have them.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

so does anyone have the cardboard (fish paper) cover for the S.S. Flipper P.C.B. that i pictured a few days earlier (see post 466 for picture) or willing to remove theirs and make me a pattern.......... it is missing from my the R&B that i bought. any help at all greatly appreciated.......it is on most data east machines

I checked mine, I don't have it. sorry

1 week later
#481 5 years ago

H guys,

New in the club, I recued this poor machine on site, it was practically abandoned and no love. Lots of driver and ppb boards hacks but it's reparable......

D27E64E2-7DB5-403E-AB0A-1FC4C3B8DE1E.jpegD27E64E2-7DB5-403E-AB0A-1FC4C3B8DE1E.jpeg

3BCC4F92-0BC3-4F66-9DD8-34310A6B1A66.jpeg3BCC4F92-0BC3-4F66-9DD8-34310A6B1A66.jpeg

799341A4-344F-4C3E-8DB8-22FDFCB22B08.jpeg799341A4-344F-4C3E-8DB8-22FDFCB22B08.jpeg

1 week later
#482 5 years ago

Hoping for an easy answer before I start troubleshooting backwards from the coils. Looking for a cause of my center pop bumper, both slings, both diverters and Nell relay to stop working all together. I checked all the fuses in the back box and no luck. I know it’s not the flasher/coil relay because these are all directly controlled coils. Thanks in advance, just hoping to save a little time and frustration.

Oh yeah, drop target coil also not working. I tested all of these from diagnostics and they don’t work there either.

#483 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Been trying to restore my RB, I got some controlled lamps issues, change some transistor and both ls7408. I noticed this little tantalum(C121) cap exploded, I can read LH4 3232 it seems like .1uf, what should be a replacement?? V?

Gustavo

848ABE8C-E903-4E8A-8C9C-CE41E041A07D.jpeg848ABE8C-E903-4E8A-8C9C-CE41E041A07D.jpeg

1 week later
#484 5 years ago

Hello everyone. Do I have weak flippers on mine.... Am I supposed to make the right ramp shot with cradled ball? Currently I can't. Playfield angle is around 6,5 degrees. I can barely make it to the left one.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Hello everyone. Do I have weak flippers on mine.... Am I supposed to make the right ramp shot with cradled ball? Currently I can't. Playfield angle is around 6,5 degrees. I can barely make it to the left one.

Yes, you should definitly be able to make those shots, so I'm guessing you have weak flippers or it's set up too steep.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from G-Bee:

Yes, you should definitly be able to make those shots, so I'm guessing you have weak flippers or it's set up too steep.

6.5 degrees is correct.

2 weeks later
#487 5 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
Been trying to restore my RB, I got some controlled lamps issues, change some transistor and both ls7408. I noticed this little tantalum(C121) cap exploded, I can read LH4 3232 it seems like .1uf, what should be a replacement?? V?
Gustavo

I don't believe that one is a tantalum cap. Looks more like a standard axial ceramic cap.

#488 5 years ago

What is the latest ROM version for Rocky and Bullwinkle? I've seen v1.3 and a version 3.2

#489 5 years ago

Could someone confirm what the value is of crystal oscillator on the CPU board? Mine is trashed and the writing is gone. From the schematics it looks like it should be 8mhz. An image that shows the printing on the crystal would be awesome.

Thank you!

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Could someone confirm what dipped the crystal oscillator is on the CPU board? Mine is trashed and the writing is gone. From the schematics it looks like it should be 8mhz. An image that shows the printing on the crystal would be awesome.
Thank you!

3.2 and 1.3 is correct for sound and game. I'm not an expert on the electrical board stuff. This crystal thing, I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you can take a pic of the board and point to it I can try to help you out.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

3.2 and 1.3 is correct for sound and game. I'm not an expert on the electrical board stuff. This crystal thing, I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you can take a pic of the board and point to it I can try to help you out.

There is a small silver rectangular oscillator that sits right above the .CPU under the battery. It may show something like 8.00Mhz on it. All the writing and markings are gone off mine and it was damaged by the battery. Amazingly the rest of the board looks great. I have a variety of crystals and just need to confirm it isn't another speed like 4, 6, 16, etc. It will look something like the attached picture.

IMG_1080 (resized).JPGIMG_1080 (resized).JPG
#492 5 years ago

There is a small silver rectangular oscillator that sits right above the .CPU under the battery. It may show something like 8.00Mhz on it. All the writing and markings are gone off mine and it was damaged by the battery. Amazingly the rest of the board looks great. I have a variety of crystals and just need to confirm it isn't another speed like 4, 6, 16, etc.

IMG_1652 (resized).JPGIMG_1652 (resized).JPG

I'm not sure if you can enhance it or not.

#493 5 years ago

That's it! Can you make out the writing on it? The picture is a bit fuzzy.

#494 5 years ago

That's it! Can you make out the writing on it? The picture is a bit fuzzy.

VALPEY-FISHER
8.000000MHz
VF150
KOREA 9338

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but my game was manufactured in England...

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from rwarren28806:

VALPEY-FISHER
8.000000MHz
VF150
KOREA 9338
I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but my game was manufactured in England...

That should do it. Thank you! It matches what I suspected was going to be in there. Maybe I'll be able to try it out later today after all!

That part is the crystal and sets the timing for the whole CPU board. You can almost think of it as a heart beat. Higher number more beats or transitions per second.

#496 5 years ago

I was able to get the board fixed and back in the machine. Fun game!

Has anyone installed the pinblades? If do how easy were they to install and how do they look? Any pictures with them installed?

#497 5 years ago

I was able to get the board fixed and back in the machine. Fun game!
Has anyone installed the pinblades? If do how easy were they to install and how do they look? Any pictures with them installed?

I have, I can shoot a pic tonight. Very easy to install

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I have, I can shoot a pic tonight. Very easy to install

It will be nice to see the pictures. Did you just pull out the whole playfield to install? Any issues with the playfield rubbing on them as you lift it to work on?

#499 5 years ago

It will be nice to see the pictures. Did you just pull out the whole playfield to install? Any issues with the playfield rubbing on them as you lift it to work on?

Kind of, I lifted it up and turned it sideways and set it on the transformer, did on side, then leaned it the other way to do the other side. Have help, it is a heavy mother... No issues so far with rubbing, just installed a month or so ago. didn't get a chance last night, will try to remember tonight to grab some pics.

#500 5 years ago

so have a question for you r&b club guys. I am still messing with mine and think I have determined that it is the power supply. What does the relay on the power supply control? I noticed mine is a little smoky on the plastic by the contacts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

3,900 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-trick-never-works-rocky-bullwinkle-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.