6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RonSS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    IMG_2978 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2955 (resized).JPG
    NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjhhNzkwMzVjOTUzMDgzZDE5YTFmYjY5YzM0YjJmYjQ6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Just finished LEDing my Party Animal and now the back box looks truly sad in comparison to the playfield. The light is just a single bulb in the center of the back box. Anyone have any tips or ideas how to make the back box pop again. I'm thinking of looking into LED bulbs but not sure if that is going to really have the desired effect. Any mods out there for this situation?

#2 6 years ago

You can DIY a backbox like that with led strip lamps, I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. You'll have to fabricate a backboard that can be removed, at least I think that is the best option if you want to make it look more like a classic backbox. The pic below is a Stern kit, but it might lead to some ideas.

NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjhhNzkwMzVjOTUzMDgzZDE5YTFmYjY5YzM0YjJmYjQ6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpgNkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjhhNzkwMzVjOTUzMDgzZDE5YTFmYjY5YzM0YjJmYjQ6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

They make a standard base multi colored LED lamp with a remote control. You can set it to color change, fade, flash or any of many solid colors. They are $5 at Five Below stores.

#4 6 years ago

thought the may have been about a single bulb that doesn't work and it is a most difficult position. Kinda like my Bulb on my Shadow mini playfield. Or the one that was out on My Medusa that was in between playfields / Or like a Pop Bumber bulb under an assortment of ramps like under my old Corvette / Just a biatch to change and wind up not changing it out .. But the thread was not / carry on

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You can DIY a backbox like that with led strip lamps, I'm sure I've seen that somewhere. You'll have to fabricate a backboard that can be removed, at least I think that is the best option if you want to make it look more like a classic backbox. The pic below is a Stern kit, but it might lead to some ideas.

super cool idea.

#6 6 years ago

This is what I'm talking about. Even in the daytime it looks so much dimmer.

IMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPG

IMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #7 6 years ago

Found a LED light bulb that puts out 500 lumens and it's a huge improvement. Cost me 15 bucks and minimal effort.

IMG_2978 (resized).JPGIMG_2978 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018ZADRU6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I used a color changing LED strip in my Party Animal, and it really spruced it up nicely.

#9 6 years ago

Based on the pics I think you need a slightly tinted PF glass to even/ smooth the transition.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-sad-single-bulb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.