10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,352 posts
  • 218 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5420 (resized).JPG
    20200529_102745 (resized).jpg
    20200529_102911 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0455.JPG
    14931_1 (resized).jpg
    23C8264C-E2CB-4224-965A-CE7EEBC8CE64 (resized).png
    618jUjSc4jL._AC_SL1001_ (resized).jpg
    fs (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    20181128_110655 (resized).jpg
    b844f26ab1e7e22844f4771278456dd6 (resized).jpg
    12915EA8-3848-40E8-B288-A2756BBFD920 (resized).jpeg
    20200229_153121 (resized).jpg
    costcoi_shrimp_cocktail2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 10 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Traffic that camps out slowly in the fast lane.
    If you’re not passing, get out of the passing lane. If someone quicker is coming up on you, move out of the way.
    If your in the slow lane, move left so traffic can merge on.

I was just getting ready to post this when I saw you put it up. Also ASSHOLE truckers that pass other truckers because they can go 1/10 a mile an hour faster than the next truck and you're waiting 5 minutes to get around them. And truckers winding into your lane because their texting.

1 month later
    #741 8 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Here's a question for professional mechanics. I do not have a state emissions test due until 2021. I expect to get a new vehicle before that time comes.
    Is it safe to drive my van the way it is until that time? In the next few months I plan on driving to the York and Houston shows. Do I have anything to worry about if I do not get this fixed right away?

If its not spewing fuel I would think its just a vacuum line. If you can get to it it should be an easy fix. Beware some mechanics. My son almost got screwed for $800 bucks on a $100 fix I did myself.

#743 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I used to be a professional mechanic.

I thought you were now. I used to be in the mid 80's. ASE certified and worked at the Ford dealership but cars have changed a lot since then.

#755 8 months ago

Jeez Odin you really know your shit. How long have you worked on cars?

#762 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks
    Since about 1980. Stopped doing repairs about 15 years ago and have been doing only smog tests since then. I call myself the smog king because I have probably done more of them than anybody else in California. No lie. Got my license in 1983 when the current program started. Not one citation in all that time.

So people who cant pass smog come to you and you tell them what they have to do to pass? Do new California cars have more emission devices like they used to than other states? I thought Holley carbs were the easiest to rebuild.

#773 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sorry I got a little sidetracked, but it has been quite a day. Got my blood pressure back up to normal though.
    If they fail, I tell them why it failed and sometimes what it might be, but we are test only so we do no diagnosis or repairs and are not allowed to tell them where to go to fix it. A lot of politics are involved, some that make sense and others they should have really spent more time thinking about. If it is monitors not ready, we will check it as many times as it takes before the retest at no charge.
    New cars are almost all basically the same and most even from other states have a California label already under the hood. In the old days there were differences mostly on trucks.
    Holleak is what we called those carbs, but it was probably the old Ford 2 barrel that was the easiest. Hardest were Hondas and those basically became throw it in the trash and get a new one. Then it became don't go near it with a ten foot pole. We aint marrying the thing.

I know you have had the thought of giving that guy a weed eater suppository but don't do it.

#775 8 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sorry I got a little sidetracked, but it has been quite a day. Got my blood pressure back up to normal though.
    If they fail, I tell them why it failed and sometimes what it might be, but we are test only so we do no diagnosis or repairs and are not allowed to tell them where to go to fix it. A lot of politics are involved, some that make sense and others they should have really spent more time thinking about. If it is monitors not ready, we will check it as many times as it takes before the retest at no charge.
    New cars are almost all basically the same and most even from other states have a California label already under the hood. In the old days there were differences mostly on trucks.
    Holleak is what we called those carbs, but it was probably the old Ford 2 barrel that was the easiest. Hardest were Hondas and those basically became throw it in the trash and get a new one. Then it became don't go near it with a ten foot pole. We aint marrying the thing.

Yeah ,your right. The ford carb was easier. That was a Autolite I believe. I had one on my 69 Cougar.

5 months later
    #1072 3 months ago

Of course you've heard of road rage but one of the worst is what they call dock rage. If you own a boat I'm sure you have experienced it. About 10 percent of boaters don't know common courtesy when putting in their boat and taking it out at the boat ramp. Complete idiots. The worst I ever saw was I was waiting to take my boat out of the water and this asshole in front of me can't back his jet ski down the ramp. Must have took 10 try's to get it in the water. So after he did he proceeds to give lessons to his friends on how to ride the thing on the ramp for 10 minutes while about six families are trying to unload their boats. I was sitting up there in awe at the rudeness and walked down to him and yelled "What the FUCK are you doing" and gave him the nastiest look I could muster. He was just standing there in disbelief at what I said totally unaware that he was holding everyone up. He got out of there quick then. One of the reasons I sold my boat was dealing with this rude shit. I don't miss it.

#1074 3 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Wow. I would of lost my shit and not have been as cool as you. It kind of reminds me of a time when I was golfing. Course wasn't super packed but there were still some holes where we had to wait for group in front of us to tee off. The guys were frat bro guys and acted like they were playing on the tour, taking forever to line up shots, multiple practice sings, then re-lining up shots, etc. Basically taking forever to tee off. Then they sprayed their shots all over the place. Finally they’re off the tee and I’m waiting for them to get out of my way so I can tee off. Of course all the bullshit they did on the box they’re doing in the fairway.
    All four take their second shots and I’m about to tee off when I see one of the carts heading back my way. They finally get back to the tee box and one of these assholes jumps out of the cart and says he’s taking a mulligan and going to tee off again. All I can say is that if my girlfriend wasn’t with me at the time, that guy would of been buried under that tee box. I absolutely blasted him and scared the shit out him so bad that their group wasn’t playing ahead of us anymore after that. I don’t know if they skipped ahead or just quit but it made my round a lot better.

That was a great story. Here's one and I swear it's true. I used to work as a car mechanic for this guy that was a Vietnam vet. Pretty crazy dude people would tell me around town. He was a avid golfer . Played almost every day at a course in my small town. One day he was on the tee and hits his ball down the fairway. He goes to hit his second shot and a guy behind tees off and his ball rolls right passed his feet. Kind of pisses him off but he brushes it off. He goes to the second tee, hits his ball , gets ready for his next shot and the same thing. The guy tees off behind him and the ball rolls by his feet. So he pulled out his Smith and Wesson snub nose 38 and shot the guys ball first shot.

#1076 3 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I forgot all about this because I have not went to the lake much in a while, and when I do go in the daytime I know a place that is not too busy. If I go to the busy dock it is only to take the boat out to night fish.
    Anyway, long ago I found a way around all this bs. I keep a 2 person tube on the boat that I use as a dingy to row back and forth to the shore. If a long line waiting on the dock, just anchor the boat, use the dingy, and never even have to mess with the dock and slow idiots.
    That launch has 3 boat ramps that mover very well, but at the dock always some assholes just hanging around forever tied to the dock. (and actually the extra 3 minutes I take to row back to get the boat is more than made up by the fact I can back a trailer a whole lot faster than most people).

When we took our boat out I wouldn't even tie anybody up. My wife would get close to the dock and I would dive off and go get the trailer while she circled.

#1082 3 months ago
    Quoted from MD_Pinball_Dude:

I was going out fishing with a guy and I assumed he could back his own trailer and boat into the water with ease. After about 8 attempts of sitting in the cab and watching him fubar the attempts, I got out and tried to help him with hand signals and shouts.....5 minutes later, he is still farking around and I got pissed. I told him he should just pull away and let the other 5 or so boats get into the water. He (of course) throws his truck keys at me and yells "YOU FARKING DO IT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN!". Little did Sir A-Hole know I that I had backed my Old Man's Fleetwind trailer and such all over our home multiple times. I did it in one take and was in and out in less than a minute with everyone around me was clapping and cheering. Bastard left me at the dock.

I forgot there is more to this story. Before the dock incident the day before I had reserved a spot for my trailer at the campground by the lake. I reserved it 6 months in advance because it was the only one with power. It had a barrier in front of it saying "RESERVED" on a sign. When I got there to back my trailer in someone had moved the barrier and parked in there. I couldn't believe that some asshole did this. I called the Bureau of Wildlife guys and after an hour they found out who had took my spot. They told him he better get out there and move his trailer or it would get towed. After another hour waiting he moved it. GUESS who it was. It was the fucking asshole who held up the dock. No shit.

#1089 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

People that post too damn much on internet forums.

You start a lot of great threads though.

3 weeks later
    #1152 75 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

All jokes aside, I had a guy come by walking his dog and watched him let his dog poop in my yard and when I went out to get on him he did begrudgingly clean it up with a bag I provided him. Wasn't but 3 days later and this guy is out in front of my home letting his dog poop and sure as shit off down the street he went. This time I didn't say shit to him. I went out got in my truck and keep circling the neighborhoods till I saw him go in a home. Perfect, went home got the poop put it in a bag and took it to the house opened it and dumped it in his mailbox. Have not seen the SOB since in my neighborhood.

I hear you. A neighbor of mine used to let his dog out in front of his house. He would crap on my lawn and even in my driveway. I got my fill of it and would pick it up with a shovel and fling it over on his driveway. Actually made me feel much better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 28.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    Twilight Zone Sticker Out of stock
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside