4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 984 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by bssbllr
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

32AE4E5E-66AD-4605-9DD3-8C7AD5EA9594 (resized).png
    9948062 (resized).jpg
    5192A2E8-A530-408F-BC15-9040AABC4784 (resized).png
    0441D246-5C78-45F5-AD2A-84B5695C3697 (resized).png
    EE11E0F9-AD8E-42F3-AB6C-8679CB5F3D60 (resized).png
    star trek (resized).png
    bitching (resized).jpg
    corvorado (resized).jpg
    This (resized).png
    DBECC1BA-0B77-4B51-A975-C8C4E1A25DD1 (resized).jpeg
    F5E723DA-67FC-4EEE-9B20-C689E4DDE971 (resized).jpeg
    robocookie (resized).png
    20190927_223351 (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    IMG_9409 (resized).JPG
    610A1F25-9CAB-4250-A38E-2143D124A7B1 (resized).jpeg

There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.
    #401 3 months ago

Funny I worked once at Burger King and they had a chicken parmesan sandwich that was also pretty good. They also used to drop the patties on the conveyor belt once you ordered just like Carl's. Now they run them and put them in a steam holder or something so now the cheese doesn't melt

#402 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Old bitch. Burger King got rid of the Yumbo.
    LTG : (

And the Whaler.

#403 3 months ago

Still miss the McDLT ... kept the hot side hot, the cool side cool until I was ready dammit!

12E84631-09F5-4039-8A1E-297B9531968D (resized).jpeg

#404 3 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

And the Whaler.

I loved the whaler

#405 3 months ago

They were called Hardy's here in Ohio but they had a fish sandwich ca that I loved.lled the whaler

#406 3 months ago

Jack In The Crack used to have a good deep fried burrito. Recently they've gotten rid of the Monster Taco too.

#407 3 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

And the Whaler.

WHALER DOWN!!!

#408 3 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Still miss the McDLT ... kept the hot side hot, the cool side cool until I was ready dammit!
    [quoted image]

In the mid '70's they had the QLT; The Quality Lettuce & Tomato burger.

#409 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Stater Bros rules!

And this isn't a special cut. It its one of the ribeye steaks they had on display. Anywhere else you're lucky if it's 3/4 inch thick.
    DSCN6376 (resized).JPG

#410 3 months ago

Hardee's used to have great fried chicken. Why they discontinued it, I don't know, but there's was awesome.

#411 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Hardee's used to have

Back about 1970 they had a 19¢ hot dog. Kind of a plastic tube with a pink/red yarn crammed in it and some oil. Damn that thing was good. Nothing real. Yet very tasty.

LTG : )

#412 3 months ago

Carls Jr used to sell great chili cheese dogs and a California roast beef sandwich with swiss cheese and a whole ortega chili on it.

Jack in the Box used to sell a hamburger called the Jumbo Jack that actually was.

#413 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Back about 1970 they had a 19¢ hot dog. Kind of a plastic tube with a pink/red yarn crammed in it and some oil. Damn that thing was good. Nothing real. Yet very tasty.

Do you mean these?

22096B82-2A0B-46D1-A64A-547523543DC8 (resized).jpeg
    #414 3 months ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Do you mean these?

Not quite. They were straight and the outside more looked like a clear plastic tube. And you could see inside.

#415 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not quite. They were straight and the outside more looked like a clear plastic tube. And you could see inside.

#416 3 months ago

I used to like those Jack in the Box Supreme Croissants when they were actually shaped like a crescent and left little crumbs in the bag that you could pick out and eat.

I still like em, but they aren't quite the same.

#417 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Carls Jr used to sell great chili cheese dogs and a California roast beef sandwich with swiss cheese and a whole ortega chili on it.
    Jack in the Box used to sell a hamburger called the Jumbo Jack that actually was.

I remember the Jumbo Jack!

#418 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That sounds quite revolting!

#419 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I remember the Jumbo Jack!

When I was a kid the meat was twice the size of the bun. They have really shrunk the whole thing down. Might as well be on the value menu now.

#420 3 months ago

I actually liked Chicken McNuggets when there were dark meat ones and white meat ones because it was always a surprise.

#421 3 months ago

Who had the Bonus Burger?
    Was it Burger King? I'm thinking maybe Jack-in-the-Box.

#422 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I was a kid the meat was twice the size of the bun. They have really shrunk the whole thing down. Might as well be on the value menu now.

We haven't had a JITB in these parts for 40 years or so, but I fondly remember the local one back when my high school buddy worked there. That was way before most Americans knew what a croissant was, or even a bagel for that matter!

#423 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

We haven't had a JITB in these parts for 40 years or so, but I fondly remember the local one back when my high school buddy worked there. That was way before most Americans knew what a croissant was, or even a bagel for that matter!

Jumbo Jack was always their flagship burger. Even ten years ago. But I ordered one on a deal recently and it was tiny. They want you to spend the big bucks and order one of their specialty burgers now. Bonus Jack was even bigger than today's Jumbo.

That being said, the new Quarter Pounder at Micky Ds made with fresh beef when you order it now rules the large franchise fast food burger world.

#424 3 months ago

I remember In&Out patties being bigger too. Taco Bell's looking like missions, ordering into a jack n the box head. My Star Wars collector glasses from Burger King. Man those were good times.

#425 3 months ago

#426 3 months ago

I absolutely hate commercials on tv, but I could watch old commercials for hours.

#427 3 months ago

You want some Rodney Allen Rippy?

#428 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That sounds quite revolting!

Pretty much. But I liked them. They were hot, greasy, and chewy. Didn't really taste like anything other than cooking oil.

Of course around the same time the gas stations sold a green 30 inch long licorice thing that was supposed to be apple flavor. It more tasted like kerosene. But I like that thing too.

#429 3 months ago

Here's one for Buzz. I can't believe you remember this thing. I was only 14 when I worked there back in 1976. Flaked and formed beef. Beef spread was nasty, but tasty. I put down quite a few of these myself.

#430 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pretty much. But I liked them. They were hot, greasy, and chewy. Didn't really taste like anything other than cooking oil.
    Of course around the same time the gas stations sold a green 30 inch long licorice thing that was supposed to be apple flavor. It more tasted like kerosene. But I like that thing too.

So your the guy that rolls into 7-11 @ 3am and eats anything that’s moving on one of these

C959C0B1-9F01-45F3-9DA0-34E4337697E4 (resized).jpeg
    #431 3 months ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

So your the guy that rolls into 7-11 @ 3am and eats anything that’s moving on one of these

The Holiday gas station in my area usually runs out about midnight. So pickins can get slim. Condiments too.

Now the movie theater in Eden Prairie would blow out the old hot dogs for a dollar late at night. Those can be a little rough, they stay with you for a day or two.

#432 3 months ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Nice! That's what replaced the Carls Jr. I used to work at two blocks from where I am. No worries about ever going hungry or thirsty now.

#433 3 months ago

I live just north of the border..when I drive south for cheaper gas, I normally stop at JITB...but just recently discovered Popeyes chicken...so good..

#434 3 months ago

You guys do know I'm trying to get some work done around here, don't you?

DSCN6378 (resized).JPG
    #435 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You guys do know I'm trying to get some work done around here, don't you?[quoted image]

Well you ain’t trying too hard

#436 3 months ago

Carl's had that steak sandwich into the early 90's. I do remember that commercial though. Talking chicken the best used to be Pioneer chicken.

#437 3 months ago

I hate that the flavor of Fruit Stripe gum only lasts for 17 seconds.

#438 3 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Well you ain’t trying too hard

I don't know. I only got the thing Tuesday or Monday. And I've already fixed the hacks on the driver board, pulled out most of the leds, and got this far.

What sold me on this one is it has the factory plug instead of a center post between the flippers.

#439 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Hardee's used to have great fried chicken. Why they discontinued it, I don't know, but there's was awesome.

When I was a kid KFC had awesome fried shrimp. Now all KFC has is the smallest chicken I have ever seen.

Red Lobster used to have awesome hush puppies, then they went to the biscuits...the biscuits are ok, I like hushpuppies better with seafood though.

#440 3 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When I was a kid KFC had awesome fried shrimp. Now all KFC has is the smallest chicken I have ever seen.

No smaller than El Pollo Loco lol.

In the 70s the colonel got ribs! And they were tasty. Same BBQ sauce they used to put on the chicken. I really miss that stuff.

#441 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In the 70s the colonel got ribs! And they were tasty. Same sauce they used to put on the chicken.

The 70s was when I was eating KFC shrimp and I do not remember any ribs at the local KFC. The KFC a mile away has a buffet, and when it first started it was ok value. Now they are higher than Golden Corral and only have 1% of the selection.

It is amazing how much fast food prices have gone up while what you actually get gets smaller. Krystal is about the biggest joke, they used to have their tiny burgers for 25 cents, and that is all they are worth at the most...now like 1.19 for one...hell no.

#442 3 months ago

I just got back from a beach trip, and I have no clue why the hotel felt it was necessary to blast the music playing at the pool right in front of my balcony and I was well away from the pool. Other than that and a bad sunburn not much to bitch about.

Leaving Saturday for Niagara Falls and some amusement parks, and I hope when I get back I have nothing to bitch about and can just visit the please delete to comment.

But if I have something to bitch about I will try to entertain.

#443 3 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The 70s was when I was eating KFC shrimp and I do not remember any ribs at the local KFC.

It must have been a regional thing but it was great. The BBQ style chicken was so good even after they started using day old original coated in BBQ sauce. Before that happened, I used to get a four piece wing dinner for $1.15 because at that time wings were considered garbage pieces so they were cheap. And these were big whole wings, not pieces of wings, slathered in BBQ sauce with two sides and a biscuit.The box wouldn't close all the way and the sauce made a big tasty mess.

It got so my buddy and me had to travel to the next city to find it near the end in the early 80s. In the 90s I want to Tacoma to see some friends and once again I found it at an all you can eat KFC buffet. The ribs were pork and very short-lived in the mid 70s, but they were also very good.

#444 3 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

They bought out the "Roy Rogers" restaurants and used their chicken recipe/procedure.
    They just dropped the fried chicken altogether. They also had killer milkshakes with real Hershey brand ice cream. They got greedy and changed to some no name ice cream. Last one I bought.

#445 3 months ago

OK, I'm going to bitch some more.

When did a chicken wing become only a part of a chicken wing?

If you order and pay for three wings, you end up with the equivalent of a little over one. What a ripoff!

#446 3 months ago

More pronounciations

Escape and Nuclear.

Example:

I barely exscaped from the nucular power plant in time.

#447 3 months ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I barely exscaped from the nucular power plant in time.

That was one of our presidents.

#448 3 months ago

Weird. A couple days ago I told the boss he needs to get rid of one of his junk cars so I can park in the shade again. The next morning it was gone.

#449 3 months ago

Agree 100% on the idiots at a Costco gas line.

Drivers not paying attention at a turning light, causing me another 5 minute wait.

Dumbasses who clearly see your beside them only to throw their turn signals on and just start to drift into you. I mean are you fukn stupid?

Waiting in a 10 minute line at a store. Finally getting one away from being my turn. Then the clueless cashier looks up, calls for backup and a new line opens. Wtf? Couldn't have done that 8 minutes ago?

The new menu tv's at McDonald's. How about you stay on a menu of actual food to order? Or don't take 30 or 45 seconds to return to the menu I was looking at while promoting a $1 coffee or muffin.

#450 3 months ago

Wendy's here in Cincy have got these order stations now where you type-in your order for faster customer service and enhanced customer experience they say...…………………..BS now takes 3-4 times longer to get your order and then 9 out of 10 times it's wrong when you get it...…, but hey, that's progress!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Cabinet Parts
    PinBoltCaps
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 51.45
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 90.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside