New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248856)

That Pinside bitch thread

By o-din

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,197 posts
  • 254 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

85F393AB-20D6-42F0-A85A-23C819F5E9E6 (resized).png
    B632AAD4-B51C-44C7-87F2-48B8F8BB6A87.gif
    Rock n Roll (resized).png
    o (1) (resized).jpg
    downloadfile-4 (resized).jpg
    zuckerburg truth on fb (resized).jpg
    49412E83-A62C-460C-99FD-0D3D215FB7DC (resized).png
    DE3416B5-15C7-4679-A326-DA4E1229BAC0.png
    C54A32A8-695D-4768-84A1-707532F50AA3.jpeg
    1C98585E-4C83-4DAB-94D7-D47D71F858C3.jpeg
    BD15A0C8-33EB-4948-B35D-CC9D915026E0.jpeg
    0EB7EF9B-2B0C-4239-8F19-A76D8BC70E14.jpeg
    51KD1X5C7kL._AC_ (resized).jpg
    129F765B-2D04-4722-8A15-6B8F6119B5A4 (resized).jpeg
    chia (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20201107-181238_Solitaire (resized).jpg

There are 2197 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 44.
    #1951 34 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Why are rules so hard to dispense equitably, honestly and unbiasedly .............enquiring minds need to know?

Life's not fair. We have to play the cards we're dealt!

#1952 34 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

hey sometimes the Bull gets the scissors!

We tend to use this product.
    Just sayin'

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1953 34 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It isnt that they have bigger fish to fry. What could be bigger than aggravated robbery which is what the guy did to me or running over his wife and putting her in the hospital. They dont want to put criminals in jail. The idiots and morons we were speaking of do not want law and order.

Jail, Prison, the Court System is expensive, States are nearly broke. Justice is expensive.

#1954 34 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Jail, Prison, the Court System is expensive, States are nearly broke. Justice is expensive.

Maybe more probations and fines, add in some treatment like Portugal did for drugs.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

Maybe more rehabilitation, less incarceration?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=connection+is+the+opposite+of+addiction

#1955 34 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I seriously had someone run into my place at night and total 2 cars and take off. While taking pics for the insurance co I found the license plate to the car that did it. The cops couldnt have cared less and refused to prosecute what should have been a felony.

I don't know anything about Humble, but I'm surprised this happened in Texas with no follow-up. I have read nearly a thousand police crash reports and it is not uncommon for a hit and run person to drop a license plate. The police here definitely follow-up and contact the person. What the courts do from there may be a different story. BTW, I live in the County not City of St Louis.

#1956 34 days ago

Not Humble, Houston. Houston’s mayor and Harris counties judge is just about as worthless as that thing that is the mayor of Chicago. They want to let criminals loose. We had a criminal kill a woman then try to shoot a cop that had been released 70 times.

#1957 33 days ago

When a person in this hobby decides to make something and it is not official and word gets out about it, certain fancy "letters" go out to them rather quickly.

The sender of those letters makes an announcement of new products upcoming and its literal crickets for months!!!

#1958 33 days ago

My bitch for today is.

When someone in my arcade gets change. I tell them. "If you have any problems or questions, please let me know".

And it just happened again. A person told me a coin chute wasn't working. Open it up, $1.00, 4 quarters in it. So maybe 3 people lost money and didn't say anything ? And to find $3 or more jammed in isn't uncommon.

I want my customers to get value for their money. I want to help them.

Go figure.

LTG : (

#1959 33 days ago

Same old bullshit, fucking place never changes. (Edit) Sorry I had to deal with the damn DMV over my license, they mail them in Ohio now and mine have come up MIA for the 3rd time.......my head almost exploded!

#1960 33 days ago

When you can't find an exact replacement for the Kohler kitchen sink your dad installed in the early 80s, which you thought at the time sucked compared to the 1959 original. But found out it works well.

DSCN7282 (resized).JPG

#1961 32 days ago

I guess this is why some men have a woman around the house. Let them spend their time picking this shit out, and then the man's only job is to install it and then live with it.

Then I probably wouldn't be washing the dishes or letting them pile up either.

#1962 32 days ago

Bonafide bitch of the day!

You get what you pay for. Or, sometimes you do, and sometimes you don't.

Perhaps....

DSCN7291 (resized).JPG
    #1963 32 days ago

Chinese quality?

#1964 32 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Bonafide bitch of the day!
    You get what you pay for. Or, sometimes you do, and sometimes you don't.
    Perhaps....
    [quoted image]

Are you serious? That will wobble like a mother f'er. Also, how come the studs don't have a shoulder ?

#1965 32 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Chinese quality?

Of course. Only the best for my pup, not a spec of cereal.

Quoted from jhanley:

Are you serious? That will wobble like a mother f'er.

Yes, when I first installed them, they were chattering good. I assumed they were just a little out of round, so I took them to a brake shop and had them re surfaced. Yes, they were out of round, but once reassembled they did the same thing.

Quoted from jhanley:

Also, how come the studs don't have a shoulder ?

They do have a slight shoulder, but again the center hole is what's most important. Should be no clearance.

Don't know why these people make me work so hard to figure out what the real problem is. Maybe just to keep me on my toes.

#1966 32 days ago

I’d like to bitch that, for the past few months, when I go to any store to buy Diet Coke, it is usually sold out. The shelves are typically packed to the gills with every other kind of soda. Plenty of Diet Pepsi and Diet Rite (yecch). Plenty of regular Coke and Coke Zero (ugh). But Diet Coke is nowhere to be found, leaving a barren gaping void in the Coke products section. My wife and I are both hardcore Diet Coke junkies, so no substitute is acceptable. What gives? Is there a corresponding shortage of Mentos?

027971D4-CBDF-4BE4-9327-2B91E2739336 (resized).jpeg
    #1967 32 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Of course. Only the best for my pup, not a spec of cereal.

Yes, when I first installed them, they were chattering good. I assumed they were just a little out of round, so I took them to a brake shop and had them re surfaced. Yes, they were out of round, but once reassembled they did the same thing.

They do have a slight shoulder, but again the center hole is what's most important. Should be no clearance.
    Don't know why these people make me work so hard to figure out what the real problem is. Maybe just to keep me on my toes.

Yeah the center hole is usually really tight.
    You ought to see how tight the wheel centers on my Toyota Sequoia are on the hubs. When I rotate the tires I have to pry the wheels off with a 4x4 post between the jack stand and the tires on all four sides.. I've never seen them so tight before on any vrhicle.

#1968 32 days ago
    Quoted from mooch:

I’d like to bitch that, for the past few months, when I go to any store to buy Diet Coke, it is usually sold out. The shelves are typically packed to the gills with every other kind of soda. Plenty of Diet Pepsi and Diet Rite (yecch). Plenty of regular Coke and Coke Zero (ugh). But Diet Coke is nowhere to be found, leaving a barren gaping void in the Coke products section. My wife and I are both hardcore Diet Coke junkies, so no substitute is acceptable. What gives? Is there a corresponding shortage of Mentos?
    [quoted image]

Diet Coke, yuk. Maybe try Coke Zero, it's at least tolerable with Rum.

#1969 32 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

While we’re changing up his drink order, let’s make it a bourbon and soda, dash of bitters. I’m going to fix myself one now.

#1970 32 days ago

When any boss gets the upper hand and takes away whatever benefits or freedoms you have left, then fires you before you have a chance to say fuck you, I quit.

#1971 32 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

As much as I like Diet Coke, I never mix it with rum. Regular Coke, preferably Mexican Coke, is the only way to go.

CF41DEDA-272A-4944-8EFC-DE10088ED080.gif
    #1972 31 days ago

Diet Coke? Really? And I thought Tab in the 60s had a funky taste.

#1973 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Diet Coke? Really? And I thought Tab in the 60s had a funky taste.

A5306F5E-FEBA-4AD9-B88E-B378CBD0F723 (resized).jpeg
    #1974 31 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And it just happened again. A person told me a coin chute wasn't working. Open it up, $1.00, 4 quarters in it. So maybe 3 people lost money and didn't say anything ? And to find $3 or more jammed in isn't uncommon.

I found a scrap of paper with "Help!" written on it jammed into one of the coin chutes on a game I bought.
    I keep wondering if the game had problems, or if a player needed help.

#1975 31 days ago

The evolution of cancer causing and weight gaining artificial sweeteners-

Saccharine-
    Originally developed in the late 1800s from coal tar derivatives, and Monsanto first got it's start in 1901 selling saccharine. After much ado, this sweetener was banned in 1912, but that decision was reversed as sugar rations during WWI necessitated a substitute. Once the war was over, people continued to enjoy the calorie-free sweetener.

Cyclamate-
    The introduction of a sweetener called cyclamate to the American market coincided with the diet soda boom of the 1950s. Cyclamate is what sweetened Tab and Diet Pepsi, and what filled the iconic pink packets of Sweet’N Low.The substance was discovered in 1937 when a University of Illinois grad student working on a fever-reducing drug tasted something sweet on his finger during a smoke break. By 1968, Americans were consuming more than 17 million pounds of the stuff each year. That all came to a halt when the sweetener was proven to cause bladder cancer in rats, resulting in an immediate ban by the FDA that’s still in effect. In response, Sweet’N Low swiftly became a saccharin-based product.

Aspartame-
    It took more than a decade for the next big artificial sweetener to pick up where cyclamate left off. In another accidental discovery, James Schlatter, a research chemist for G.D. Searle and Company, licked his fingers while developing a new ulcer drug in 1965 and, yes, tasted something sweet. That was aspartame, an amino acid compound (a mixture of aspartic acid and phenylalanine) that is 200 times sweeter than sugar.

After a holdup with the FDA in 1974, when approval was paused due to claims that aspartame caused brain tumors, the sweetener finally hit the market as Nutrasweet in 1981. Though health complaints and investigations linked to both aspartame and saccharin persisted throughout this period, consumption of diet sodas continued to climb in the ‘80s and ‘90s, eventually plateauing in the aughts.

Sucralose-
    Sucralose, which was later marketed as Splenda, was created in 1976 when scientists found a way to molecularly bond sucrose molecules with chlorine. (Yes, chlorine.) One researcher was asked to "test" the chlorinated compound, but misheard the request and tasted it instead. The researcher survived, and in so doing paved the way to a product that is about 600 times sweeter than sugar.

Unlike the artificial sweeteners that came before it, sucralose is partially metabolized by the body, which means it does deliver calories. Also unlike the others, it’s heat-stable, which means you can bake with it. Thus Splenda has replaced NutraSweet as the most widely consumed sugar substitute on the market…for now. The search for the next big artificial sweetener is already on, including a promising compound called neotame. Only time will tell.

All that, and if you want real sugar in the USA, most products now contain high fructose corn syrup instead, but the harmful effects of that are for a whole different topic.

You're Welcome.

#1976 31 days ago

F*** 2020

-Corona virus
    -Rear ended and totaled my car
    -Mother diagnosed with cancer
    -Father is in hospital (both young)
    -End rant

#1977 31 days ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

F*** 2020

-Corona virus
    -Rear ended and totaled my car
    -Mother diagnosed with cancer
    -Father is in hospital (both young)
    -End rant

I'm sorry my friend. I sincerely hope your future gets better.

LTG : )

#1978 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The evolution of cancer causing and weight gaining artificial sweeteners-
    Saccharine-
    Originally developed in the late 1800s from coal tar derivatives, and Monsanto first got it's start in 1901 selling saccharine. After much ado, this sweetener was banned in 1912, but that decision was reversed as sugar rations during WWI necessitated a substitute. Once the war was over, people continued to enjoy the calorie-free sweetener.
    Cyclamate-
    The introduction of a sweetener called cyclamate to the American market coincided with the diet soda boom of the 1950s. Cyclamate is what sweetened Tab and Diet Pepsi, and what filled the iconic pink packets of Sweet’N Low.The substance was discovered in 1937 when a University of Illinois grad student working on a fever-reducing drug tasted something sweet on his finger during a smoke break. By 1968, Americans were consuming more than 17 million pounds of the stuff each year. That all came to a halt when the sweetener was proven to cause bladder cancer in rats, resulting in an immediate ban by the FDA that’s still in effect. In response, Sweet’N Low swiftly became a saccharin-based product.
    Aspartame-
    It took more than a decade for the next big artificial sweetener to pick up where cyclamate left off. In another accidental discovery, James Schlatter, a research chemist for G.D. Searle and Company, licked his fingers while developing a new ulcer drug in 1965 and, yes, tasted something sweet. That was aspartame, an amino acid compound (a mixture of aspartic acid and phenylalanine) that is 200 times sweeter than sugar.
    After a holdup with the FDA in 1974, when approval was paused due to claims that aspartame caused brain tumors, the sweetener finally hit the market as Nutrasweet in 1981. Though health complaints and investigations linked to both aspartame and saccharin persisted throughout this period, consumption of diet sodas continued to climb in the ‘80s and ‘90s, eventually plateauing in the aughts.
    Sucralose-
    Sucralose, which was later marketed as Splenda, was created in 1976 when scientists found a way to molecularly bond sucrose molecules with chlorine. (Yes, chlorine.) One researcher was asked to "test" the chlorinated compound, but misheard the request and tasted it instead. The researcher survived, and in so doing paved the way to a product that is about 600 times sweeter than sugar.
    Unlike the artificial sweeteners that came before it, sucralose is partially metabolized by the body, which means it does deliver calories. Also unlike the others, it’s heat-stable, which means you can bake with it. Thus Splenda has replaced NutraSweet as the most widely consumed sugar substitute on the market…for now. The search for the next big artificial sweetener is already on, including a promising compound called neotame. Only time will tell.
    All that, and if you want real sugar in the USA, most products now contain high fructose corn syrup instead, but the harmful effects of that are for a whole different topic.
    You're Welcome.

Aspartame, the "Real Shit".

#1979 31 days ago

Stevia is the secret. They all know it, but resist.Will require a major paradigm shift to increase Production to levels needed

#1980 31 days ago

Supposedly Stevia is safe. I dont know if it is or not but I use a lot of it.

#1981 31 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Aspartame, the "Real Shit".

Cyclamate is what gave that old school Tab it's unforgettable taste. I only drank one.

#1982 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Cyclamate is what gave that old school Tab it's unforgettable taste. I only drank one.

That was the magic ingredient in the small envelopes of "Pre-Sweetened" Kool-Aid. Once banned the Kool-Aid with sugar cam in what seemed like a one pound envelope. Actually, it had a cup of sugar included.

#1983 31 days ago

All I wanted was a Fresca. With real sugar. Although the cyclamate stuff wasn't half bad.

1960s-fresca-sugar-bottle-full-coca_1_2aa814cac0782b88e52eda7e780fa575 (resized).jpg
    #1984 31 days ago
    how-bout-a-fresca (resized).jpg
    #1985 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

All I wanted was a Fresca. With real sugar. Although the cyclamate stuff wasn't half bad.[quoted image]

Where did you find that? I love fresca. I put tequila in it sometimes

#1986 31 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Where did you find that?

I just googled 1960s Fresca. I like to go vintage when searching things like that. I used to have a Double Cola bottle that actually was from the 60s. And an old steel Coors can. In the early days of collecting aluminum cans for cash, those were always rejects though.

#1987 31 days ago

Oh, I thought it might be like the Mexico version. I know you can get Mexico Sprite and the Coke fruit drinks from Mexico.
    As Rosan Rosanna Dana said, "Never Mind".

#1988 31 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I know you can get Mexico Sprite and the Coke fruit drinks from Mexico.

I can actually get them at Costco or Smart and Final. They are very popular here and they go through pallets of the stuff. A few weeks ago, there was a rumor it would be the next casualty of the pandemic, so there was a big run on it like toilet paper in the early days.

Imagine that, to get The Real Thing in the USA, it has to come from Mexico. Blame that on the high fructose corn syrup nazis.

#1989 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

All I wanted was a Fresca. With real sugar. Although the cyclamate stuff wasn't half bad.[quoted image]

When I was a kid, one of my favorites was Wink grapefruit soda. Haven’t seen it around in decades, though.

F1907D96-EB2A-4BBE-A0DD-B20A9E072D48 (resized).jpeg
    #1990 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I can actually get them at Costco or Smart and Final. They are very popular here and they go through pallets of the stuff. A few weeks ago, there was a rumor it would be the next casualty of the pandemic, so there was a big run on it like toilet paper in the early days.
    Imagine that, to get The Real Thing in the USA, it has to come from Mexico. Blame that on the high fructose corn syrup nazis.

Watch out now. That might be taken as unwanted conversation.

#1991 31 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

GTM in Santee sometimes has the Costco partials for 25¢ a can. There's a Smart & Final there in a former Albertson's that is quite impressive.

#1992 31 days ago

I have a few old diet soda with saccharin cans.
    The Diet Pepsi had 18 grams of sugar and saccharin in it.

2A5B01EF-6995-40E0-92E0-DC9646A1E15F.jpegE8520075-7BB6-48FB-B1EF-7838619CE7E9.jpeg
    #1993 31 days ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I have a few old diet soda with saccharin cans.
    The Diet Pepsi had 18 grams of sugar and saccharin in it.

Those are cool! But they wouldn't give me a half a penny for those like they would aluminum. Except that one second from the right. It looks to be aluminum.

My first job, digging through trash cans down at the boat docks. Who knew boat owners drank so much beer?

#1994 30 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What makes diet sodas taste sweet without all the sugar? The simple answer is artificial sweetener, but a patenthas confirmed what the commonly used sugar substitute aspartame is really made of: the feces of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.Aug 27, 2013

#1995 30 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

What makes diet sodas taste sweet without all the sugar? The simple answer is artificial sweetener, but a patenthas confirmed what the commonly used sugar substitute aspartame is really made of: the feces of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.Aug 27, 2013

I knew there was a reason that artificial sweetners leave a feces in your mouth aftertaste...

#1996 30 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You can find real sugar drinks at stores that cater to Jewish people, its considered Kosher. I think Halal Markets have them too, many Muslims have went Kosher since the rules for preparation are similar.

#1997 30 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Muslims have went Kosher since the rules for preparation are similar.

Isnt that ironic?

#1998 30 days ago

Even non-food chemicals like silicone must be blessed by a Rabbi to pass the Kosher stamp of approval. We produced antifoam agents that went into fountain drink dispensers and french fry manufacturing, when a 2000 gallon batch was made the Rabbi would be called in and do his thing.
    What didn't pass the test was a pure silicone frying oil designed to replace other cooking oils. The frys, burgers and chips came out perfect! Crispy, browned, light as a feather and no fats.
    20 minutes after consuming it caused massive explosive blow outs. They demonstrated it at work with a deep-fryer and it shut the Plant down (as well as the toilets)for the day.

#1999 30 days ago

I would have guessed that would have happened or worse. Im amazed they would do that.

#2000 30 days ago
    Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image]

I did talk to the delivery driver and they stated that the flavor of some types of pop are in aluminium containers which aren't being shipped from China. But they also said they had a two month supply which was told to me about two months ago.

chad quote: What makes diet sodas taste sweet without all the sugar? The simple answer is artificial sweetener, but a patenthas confirmed what the commonly used sugar substitute aspartame is really made of: the feces of genetically modified E. coli bacteria.Aug 27, 2013

Drink to much and see what happens? That is why I don't drink diet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 214.99
    $ 275.00
    $ 64.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 208.87
    $ 6,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 49.99
    There are 2197 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside