New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248856)

That Pinside bitch thread

By o-din

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2,028 posts
  • 249 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 208 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4EB687DE-F7C7-44B7-ACFA-5EAD660F54AC (resized).jpeg
    121521935_2809541589267347_6863084673738087209_n (resized).jpg
    2A589A8D-27A0-43EC-8D8E-E654B6A11AEC (resized).jpeg
    91878705_2901438236570424_7448660497534025728_n (resized).jpg
    20200516_154006 (resized).jpg
    5CE1B69B-E462-4BE7-8350-76A3DA3830D3 (resized).png
    244BC0EF-476E-4C82-8D78-07B657D9462C (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    E8520075-7BB6-48FB-B1EF-7838619CE7E9.jpeg
    2A5B01EF-6995-40E0-92E0-DC9646A1E15F.jpeg
    F1907D96-EB2A-4BBE-A0DD-B20A9E072D48 (resized).jpeg
    how-bout-a-fresca (resized).jpg
    1960s-fresca-sugar-bottle-full-coca_1_2aa814cac0782b88e52eda7e780fa575 (resized).jpg
    A5306F5E-FEBA-4AD9-B88E-B378CBD0F723 (resized).jpeg
    CF41DEDA-272A-4944-8EFC-DE10088ED080.gif
    027971D4-CBDF-4BE4-9327-2B91E2739336 (resized).jpeg

There are 2028 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

The over use of..."that being said"

Do to the fact that you dislike the phrase “that being said”, I’d like to suggest we have a discussion around writing styles that use far too many unnecessary words. That being said, perhaps we are all guilty of this annoying behavior from time to time.

#152 1 year ago

I totally hate slow drivers in the fast lane. And I watch my mirror all the time and get the hell out of the way for the occasional car faster then me. Then it pisses me off when the car that passed me is now holding me up for some reason. Look asshole I was cruising at 90, you wanted around, I let you go, now you are doing 82 and holding me up.

#153 1 year ago

It sucks the area I live has so many businesses with names in other languages.
    It sucks all the foreign country flags flying around here.
    Press one for English.

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

People who have more ................... ...................... ......... .... ............ then words

This! This kills me!

#155 1 year ago

Surprised no one has posted this yet.

So allow me to introduce to you the real Peter Griffin:

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It sucks the area I live has so many businesses with names in other languages.
    It sucks all the foreign country flags flying around here.
    Press one for English.

I know right. Like when the restaurant sign that is in some weird language. What the hell is El Pollo Loco even mean. And this other restaurant “El Torito” has a Mexican flag printed on the menu. Should be an American flag on that el torito menu since were in America. Or confederate flag if in Georgia. That damn restaurant with some Asian name. I think it’s called yoshinoya or something, and one that has a Japanese flag called Benihana or something. Didn’t we beat that country in war so we wouldn’t have to see that. Now they’re invading us.

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

... El Pollo Loco....

The crazy chicken?! Sorry I get excited when I can figure out other languages.

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Overuse of exclamation points and other punctuation

On a similar note, the overuse of "etc." by reduntantly stringing several in sequence when one "et cetera" (meaning: as so on) suffices.

The same annoyance is seen constantly in legal writings with "et al." (meaning: and others) when it is incorrectly written as "et als." in a redundant and incorrect effort to create the plural form of an already plural term.

Rusty pinball leg levelers, on otherwise perfectly usable legs, which are fused in place, as if spot welded by molten lava.

#159 1 year ago

That’s thelaw for you. He’s a gentleman and a scholar.

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I know right. Like when the restaurant sign that is in some weird language. What the hell is El Pollo Loco even mean. And this other restaurant “El Torito” has a Mexican flag printed on the menu.

My high school German teacher was quick to point out it should be "Das Wienerschnitzel", not "Der Wienerschnitzel"

Notice how it is now only "Wienerschnitzel"? The German grammar police must have raised a real stink about it.

#161 1 year ago

"Common sense" gun law, and politicians in my state who pass laws not knowing a damn thing about the items they're legislating against. A magazine is not a clip. A telescoping stock allows more control not mass devastation. If it looks evil..it must be apparently.

#162 1 year ago

Apparently one of the things a bunch of you really hate are pinside rules prohibiting political Discussion and being racist.

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apparently one of the things a bunch of you really hate are pinside rules prohibiting political Discussion and being racist.

I knew about politics and religion, but when did they throw racism into the mix? Next thing you know they will be outlawing homophobia too.

#165 1 year ago
    CC525BC0-31A9-49F1-A2B3-9C99C78A894F (resized).jpeg
    #166 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

pinside rules prohibiting political Discussion

Reminds me of a joke a lot of older people have told me.
    When you get old, you can not trust the government or a fart.

I am now old enough I understand the fart thing they were talking about.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My high school German teacher was quick to point out it should be "Das Wienerschnitzel", not "Der Wienerschnitzel"
    Notice how it is now only "Wienerschnitzel"? The German grammar police must have raised a real stink about it.

My German teacher said the same thing. I rebutted saying that Der is the masculine form and fits with the underlying meaning of “Wienerschnitzel”. She gave me detention.

#168 1 year ago

Pinball People/Pinsiders that refer to pinball machines as “tables”.

Hell nah...

I eat at a “table” and I play a pinball machine.

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

My German teacher said the same thing. I rebutted saying that Der is the masculine form and fits with the underlying meaning of “Wienerschnitzel”. She gave me detention.

My German teacher went on his usual ramblings "That wall went up overnight! And someday it will come down just as fast as they put it up."

Yeah, right.

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

They were called tables long before pinside ever existed.

#171 1 year ago

I hate when I decide to speed up when the light turns yellow and the car in front of me decides to stop.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Hell nah...
    I eat at a “table” and I play a pinball machine.

Or that one cheesehead that calls them "decks". Luckily it hasn't caught on yet.

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

This! This kills me!

Yeah....well, thats just your opinion man....

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They were called tables long before pinside ever existed.

Those are trash. Nowadays they’re bad ass MACHINES baby!! WooooHooooo!!!

766CB0D7-6389-453A-9FA5-ECC85F37D5A0.gif
    #175 1 year ago

Hey O-din, Can you find Vid?

#176 1 year ago

People that use a fob to lock their car doors, and the horn beeps. You know you can disarm that so that your lights just flash, right? No? Stoopid!

#177 1 year ago

People in the express check out with clearly more than 10 items.

#178 1 year ago

But because they have 40 cans of the same dog food, they consider it one item.

#179 1 year ago

Does one twelve pack of beer count?

#180 1 year ago

I hate autopilot moderation

ZZZZHHPinside (resized).png
    #181 1 year ago

The post where somebody ask "what game is better, should I get this or that?" And then list a game that has yet to be released.

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hey O-din, Can you find Vid?

Sorry, but I don't think I will be visiting Yemen anytime soon.

#183 1 year ago

Also, people who apparently think the cashier may possibly let them slide this time, because they wait until they're told what their purchase costs before moving to break out any cash. Then, they'll invariably fumble around for coins to try to make exact change.

#184 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Does one twelve pack of beer count?

Counts as one item.

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

The post where somebody ask "what game is better, should I get this or that?" And then list a game that has yet to be released.

Without even a poll

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

People that use a fob to lock their car doors, and the horn beeps. You know you can disarm that so that your lights just flash, right? No? Stoopid!

Did you ever stop to consider that they may be blind?

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sorry, but I don't think I will be visiting Yemen anytime soon.

Pretty sure that Vid resides in the midwest USA. Yemen wouldn't be able to handle him.

#188 1 year ago

The biggest damn thing I have hated my whole life is when I need to go to bed before I am sleepy, and have to get up when I am sleepy.

#189 1 year ago

Reality TV shows and frantically looking for the remote to change the channel.

#190 1 year ago

Sitting on the phone trying to straighten out with one DirecTV representative what the other screwed up the other day.

Similar, but not as bad as sitting on the phone half the day with their parent company AT+T

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sitting on the phone trying to straighten out

Sounds painful

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sitting on the phone trying to straighten out with one DirecTV representative what the other screwed up the other day.
    Similar, but not as bad as sitting on the phone half the day with their parent company AT+T

Or how about that Philippines accent chick that answers the phone every time I call any of my different credit cards, paypal, Comcast...she works everywhere?

#193 1 year ago

#194 1 year ago

Racist bastards that act victimized/bullied when people call them out on their nonsense.

#195 1 year ago

I hate clicking on a topic hoping to learn some tricks of shots to make for a good score and it is endless with cliffy stuff and other mods and not one single thing about actual tips for what to aim for to have a great game.

#196 1 year ago

Clicking on what is supposed to be the latest post in a long thread and ending up two pages back.

#197 1 year ago

I really like Pinside and reading all the stuff and sometimes trying to post something myself just goofing off.
    But I really hate the fact that now I have got to get my ass in bed so I don't feel like crap when I need to get up again.

#198 1 year ago

But I really hate the fact that now I have got to get my ass in bed so I don't feel like crap when I need to get up again.

I feel your pain....sucks getting old..take me back to 25....so much I can do better now!

#199 1 year ago

At 57 and having stayed up most all night including at one point in time starting this thread, I'm still feeling pretty darn good.

Of course I haven't really accomplished anything today and it was the leaf blower's day off...
    tenor.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 159.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 64.99
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,348.00
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 234.99
    There are 2028 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside