New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248856)

That Pinside bitch thread

By o-din

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,943 posts
  • 247 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by zr11990
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

28F3EEF9-2E40-45DE-B6AF-4299534BE125 (resized).png
    Effect_20200825_204930_1602888220762 (resized).jpg
    729EFA3F-21C9-48F2-B647-29AA2AFAA204 (resized).jpeg
    Hit-And-Run-Fail-91015-65968 (resized).jpg
    loc_ca_e8th_movie01 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7271 (resized).JPG
    DSCN7270 (resized).JPG
    Dont-Leave-Dog-In-Car-48525-44654 (resized).jpg
    fabd2f2ae77e8f6e0b3c1c495bb46858 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    20201002_174212 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7256 (resized).JPG
    how-can-i-say-due-to-the-unfreezing-process-i-have-no-internal-monolog-oops (resized).jpg
    images (1) (resized).jpeg
    Pissed off (resized).png
    dog chasing rino, was drunk that day (resized).jpg

There are 1943 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 39.
    #1851 21 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Gotta love it when you thumbs down someone , you get blocked by that someone. Hilarious...

How can you tell if someone blocked you? I’ve occasionally wondered if anyone’s got me on ignore, would be fun to find out!

#1852 21 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

How can you tell if someone blocked you?

Yeah I'd like to know that as well.

#1853 21 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Yeah I'd like to know that as well.

Goto contact /pm , then it will state if you are .

#1854 19 days ago

Man I’m kind of kicking myself. I should have made my arcade “smart” sooner. Best $40 ever spent.

#1855 18 days ago

Holy poop!, the Texas governor has made INTERNATIONAL head lines with his move to restrict mail in voting:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54380684

#1856 18 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Holy poop!, the Texas governor has made INTERNATIONAL head lines with his move to restrict mail in voting:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54380684

Technically he's not restricting vote-by-mail, he's just endorsing USPS involvement in ballot return by restricting drop-off locations to one site per county. But Pinside doesn't welcome political chit-chat so probably best to leave it be.

#1857 18 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

But Pinside doesn't welcome political chit-chat so probably best to leave it be.

True but I felt like bitching about it.

#1858 18 days ago

Today is bitch free day. Welcome back ODIN!

#1859 18 days ago

Welcome back Odin. Hopefully you will stick around for a while.

#1860 18 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Today is bitch free day. Welcome back ODIN!

Is he back? I see nothing from him or anyone saying he is.

#1861 18 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

He is back. I PM' d him but no response yet.

#1862 18 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Well, his account is now unfrozen. But it's possible that's just the system automatically unlocking him after an X day timeout, or that Robin decided to unlock him manually. Doesn't necessarily mean o-din was involved in the decision or has plans to return.

But I hope he will.

#1863 18 days ago

Welcome back Odin !

Hope you post soon.

LTG : )

#1864 18 days ago
    images (1) (resized).jpeg
    #1865 18 days ago

O-din, beware the missing inner monolog from being recently unfrozen.
    Welcome back!

how-can-i-say-due-to-the-unfreezing-process-i-have-no-internal-monolog-oops (resized).jpg
    #1866 18 days ago

First post-Odin post!!!!

#1867 18 days ago

Today's bitch are "he" washing machines and other appliances with touchscreens and other bs that make them harder to use and more expensive to repair down the road.

Has anybody else been shopping for a new basic washing machine lately?

#1868 18 days ago

Welcome back o-din!

#1869 18 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Today's bitch are "he" washing machines and other appliances with touchscreens and other bs that make them harder to use and more expensive to repair down the road.

We've had the Kenmore touch screen ones for 15 years and they're still going. They are all electronic now I believe. Welcome back.

#1870 18 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Welcome back o-din!

Thanks man! I didn't even know until I checked my e-mails and AlexF clued me in. He is convinced it might be a "glitch".

Quoted from jhanley:

We've had the Kenmore touch screen ones for 15 years and they're still going. They are all electronic now I believe.

I bought this Kenmore slightly used in the late 90s about the same time my daughter was born. It's been beyond a workhorse. I've done minor repairs like a water pump and a few other things, but now the bottom is starting to rust out. Compared to what they are selling today, this one is laundromat quality. I guess Speed Queen still makes good top loaders, but they are kind of pricy.

I bought a 5 year old cheap Amana top loader off craigslist yesterday because the brand new ones suck even more.

I'm keeping this one just in case. I can rebuild it, we have the technology.

DSCN7256 (resized).JPG
    #1871 17 days ago

It feels strange to break my self imposed lurking only rule to post about washing machines but... Look up Speed Queen. They still make the "old style" agitator. You know, the one that actually aids in washing your clothes?

#1872 17 days ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Look up Speed Queen

Yes, that's what I am told. They also make most of the industrial ones found in laundromats I believe.

This Amana I got yesterday certainly isn't as heavy duty as the one I had before, but it works. So far. It was cheap enough. It will fill with water at least. And does have a knob to select how much water. And won't lock the lid until it is full. Hard to get any of those features in a new one now.

#1873 17 days ago

Remember when Whirlpool used to be good??

We got matching washer/dryer Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum, brand new 3 years ago - last year I had to do MAJOR surgery on it when the bearing went out. It's basically in the friggin heart of the machine, the whole thing had to be disassembled. A 2 year old BEARING.

WHIRLPOOL.

20201002_174212 (resized).jpg
    #1874 17 days ago

ABC is the biggest piece of shit station!!!!! They literally cut from the cubs game before the final three outs of a playoff eliminating game to talk about president covid shit. They show whole game no interruptions then as soon as top of ninth ended, they go to news and never come back. I’m so fucking pissed right now and it’s not just because the cubs got eliminated. This day in age stations are constantly doing pic in pic during commercials. How could they think this was acceptable? End bitch

#1875 17 days ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

They literally cut from the cubs game before the final three outs of a playoff eliminating game to talk about president covid shit. They show whole game no interruptions then as soon as top of ninth ended, they go to news and never come back.

It could have been worse.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #1876 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It could have been worse.[quoted image]

Yeah, I’m aware of that debacle. You would think that they would never pull that crap again after the shitstorm that came from that. Guess I was wrong

#1877 17 days ago

Welcome back o-din, Maytag makes a pretty nice heavy duty dryer/washer combo and they stand by their products.

#1878 17 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Welcome back o-din, Maytag makes a pretty nice heavy duty dryer/washer combo and they stand by their products.

Had my Maytag (Atlantis I think) set now for about 15 years...I hated that it had plastic guts of timer control that had to be replaced within couple months, but they did get someone right out and repaired with full gut replacement asap at no charge...and I haven't had a problem with washer or gas dryer since.

No touch panels, no extra bs....top load washer, mechanical knobs, just enough settings, and "super size" load. I do like it has the (extra wasteful) feature of an extra rinse. Helps with some soap allergies for me.

I'll bitch about it having plastic control guts because I'm betting that will wind up being problem some point again...

I will say that, by comparison to SO many ridiculous 'fancy' ones now, I'm happy to have these ones.

#1879 17 days ago

Went into Toyota today after putting it off for months to get the new airbag in my 2003 Corolla, so it doesn't explode like a grenade. On the phone they said 10:00 and it will take an hour to an hour and a half. I show up on time and now the dude now says two and a half hours.

"Dude, this neighborhood is a wasteland, WTF am I going to do for two plus hours?"

After me almost leaving in my car, I said "whatever, I'll go for a walk and reminisce how bitchin it used to be around here".

#1880 17 days ago

So, I started walking up Euclid under the 91 freeway, past one of my early places of employment and onward...

#1881 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, I started walking up Euclid under the 91 freeway, past one of my early places of employment and onward...

What was your first place of employment? Just curious. I was a parts driver for Pete Findlay Oldsmobile in Las Vegas in 1975.I was 16.

#1882 17 days ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

What was your first place of employment? Just curious.

Collecting beer and soda cans out of trash receptacles and throwing newspapers at people's houses from my bicycle.

I was a boxboy and stacked bottles and shelves at a market my neighbor owned in old downtown Anaheim. Eastman's Market. Lemon and Broadway. I used to skateboard from the bus stop. Before the Hotel Valencia burnt down in the late 70s. If you keep walking, it is just past the last car on the right. Prior to the fire, they had the best pizza I ever had on the ground floor of that hotel. Greasy and Italian. RIP DeAngelo's. Interesting people throughout that neighborhood.

They tore down the rest of the old neighborhood in the 80s, which they are on their second time around now. Don't go looking for a nostalgia in downtown Anaheim. You'll have better luck on Euclid.

fabd2f2ae77e8f6e0b3c1c495bb46858 (resized).jpg

#1883 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Welcome back man! Hell no I haven’t. I have had two in my lifetime. My first one my mom bought off a friend for me. It had that badass agitator in the middle. My wife and I brought wheelabartor grit in our pockets from work. This caused it to grind up everything below the agitator. You know what happened then..she had to have the latest and greatest.
    In walked the Electrolux front loaders. Yes these things should of had legs for the price tag. They do a decent job over all. Now the cons/bitch. You have to have the front door cracked or it smells like mildew. You also have to wipe the front seal after or the same results. Fling pods are good! My wife does not go ape shit with a gallon of gain. Cleaning those caked trays are pain in the ass! The only bad thing is people at work don’t say I smell good any more. No more snuggle bear for you! Dammit you have been gone way to long. johnnypinball007 has corrupted me into jabber jaw!

#1884 17 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Remember when Whirlpool used to be good??
    We got matching washer/dryer Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum, brand new 3 years ago - last year I had to do MAJOR surgery on it when the bearing went out. It's basically in the friggin heart of the machine, the whole thing had to be disassembled. A 2 year old BEARING.
    WHIRLPOOL.
    [quoted image]

Where is the god damn agitator! Whew back to normal one liners.

#1885 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Went into Toyota today after putting it off for months to get the new airbag in my 2003 Corolla, so it doesn't explode like a grenade. On the phone they said 10:00 and it will take an hour to an hour and a half. I show up on time and now the dude now says two and a half hours.
    "Dude, this neighborhood is a wasteland, WTF am I going to do for two plus hours?"
    After me almost leaving in my car, I said "whatever, I'll go for a walk and reminisce how bitchin it used to be around here".

Welcome back O-din. Haven't had mine replaced (have a Avalon now) but I do like the Corollas. Had two a 1990 and 2002 had 6 accidents with the two and walked away from all of them. They can take a hit but the 2002 I had was the worst as the air bags when I was hit deployed and busted the windshield which wouldn't have been broken otherwise.

#1886 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fuck yes

#1887 17 days ago

Welcome back man.

I know this is a bitch thread but I want to use it to scream out a big thank the Lord God above. I have been selling cars left and right for the past 6 -7 months. I just sold my 5th car for this week today. Now my problem is that my bank account is down to nothing. I have to wait for the money to come back in to go buy more and damn they are high. I paid 6500 for a 2005 tahoe last week.

#1888 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, I started walking up Euclid under the 91 freeway, past one of my early places of employment and onward..

..just kept walking up Euclid remembering why I moved away from here in the first place 30+ years ago. It was over 100 degrees out but that didn't faze me. Before I knew it, I was passing the DMV and Evan's pinball showroom was in range. Got there just in time and used his men's room. He offered me a ride back, but no, a long walk was good for me.

I grabbed a cold water and headed back. Said hello to all the transients along the way. As I got back to Toyota, 1 1/2 hours had passed and just then, they were pulling out my car! Nice job guys! As far as I can tell, it now has a new airbag that won't grenade and kill me or my passengers. I'll be back to take another stroll down memory lane some day. Thank you.

#1889 17 days ago

Welcome back Odin..so u catch any good waves? How bout that gem by Kershaw a few days ago?

#1890 17 days ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Welcome back Odin..so u catch any good waves? How bout that gem by Kershaw a few days ago?

NimblePin's been surfing almost every day, but gets up way too early for my liking.

Yes, I've been watching a lot of baseball and saw that Kershaw gem. But how bout them Padres?

#1891 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

NimblePin's been surfing almost every day, but gets up way too early for my liking.
    Yes, I've been watching a lot of baseball and saw that Kershaw gem. But how bout them Padres?

Should be a good series w the Padres. Tatis, Machado, and all their acquisitions to make some noise. Please, let this be the year that D. Roberts accomplishes what he’s there to do..
    My bitch of the day: going to a buddies wedding 2mrw..on a Sunday?! I’m gonna be missing some football!

#1892 15 days ago

The use of the term “all-in” when buying a new pin.

Is it possible to go half fucking in?

#1893 14 days ago

It is that time of the year again.

I want to bitch about property taxes.

Can we please do away with this crap and just add another penny to sales tax or something already!

#1894 14 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I want to bitch about property taxes.

Well this isn't a bitch but maybe you could look at one of these states as they have the lowest property taxes. Hawaii sounds great but if you have kids they might not go to school on account of a lava flow and that would be another one for this thread.

The top seven states with the lowest property taxes are as follows:

Alabama

Louisiana

Hawaii

West Virginia

South Carolina

Arkansas

Delaware

#1895 14 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Technically he's not restricting vote-by-mail, he's just endorsing USPS involvement in ballot return by restricting drop-off locations to one site per county. But Pinside doesn't welcome political chit-chat so probably best to leave it be.

This could be seen as even worse than restricting mail in ballots. Disproportionately affecting lower income voters, which happen to sway mostly democratic.

#1897 14 days ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Hawaii sounds great but if you have kids they might not go to school on account of a lava flow

Yes but the general cost of living there is crushing, everything is geared and priced with tourist in mind so you'd rather pay higher taxes elsewhere.

#1898 14 days ago
    Quoted from La4s:

This could be seen as even worse than restricting mail in ballots. Disproportionately affecting lower income voters, which happen to sway mostly democratic.

Thats ok, the dead people, multiple ballots and illegals voting more than make up for it.

#1899 14 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Weed deadens the senses.

I bitch less for sure.

#1900 14 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Thats ok, the dead people, multiple ballots and illegals voting more than make up for it.

I'm tempted to ask about evidence, but if it comes from the same place you got that "rioter's pay stub and instructions manual" what'd be the point?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 18.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    There are 1943 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside