11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,519 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 147 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200702_202803.jpg
    IMG_20200702_202735.jpg
    DSCN7014 (resized).JPG
    0628200828_00011 (resized).jpg
    quote-man-is-a-credulous-animal-and-must-believe-something-in-the-absence-of-good-grounds-bertrand-russell-25-49-72 (resized).jpg
    152908A9-BC03-4D29-98E8-E3EC6230EE1D (resized).jpeg
    BD0D8772-592F-40EA-9E02-24B286F715F8.gif
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    105330357_10157710546453075_4115239356655332651_o (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7012 (resized).JPG
    EbXvGA0UMAAUeTT (resized).jpg
    SJW GROW UP (resized).jpg
    DSCN6986 (resized).JPG
    IMAG1256 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6982 (resized).JPG

There are 1519 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.
    #1303 36 days ago

Those businesses will not come back and reopen just as happened in Baltimore and Ferguson Mo., why should they, I don't blame them.

#1305 36 days ago

I lived about a mile from where some of the rioting/looting & business fires took place during the 1967 Detroit Riot. One business I vividly remember that I would go to with my Mother, a Neisner Brothers Dime Store, was looted & burned and never rebuilt.

I just looked at a satellite view and it is still an empty field. So are the surrounding properties. Maybe new businesses will be built in year 53 since the riot.

#1306 36 days ago

The Secret Service have jurisdiction over all counterfeit money cases.

#1311 36 days ago

I hope this thread gets back on track soon. It used to be fun to open.
    -mof

#1312 36 days ago
    Quoted from mof:

I hope this thread gets back on track soon. It used to be fun to open.
    -mof

My bad

#1313 36 days ago

That when I was a kid and we got our vaccines they lined us up in the school gym so you had to watch everyone before you cry when they got their shot, like walking "the green mile" I tell ya.

#1314 36 days ago

No worries it's a bitch thread we all give them voice.

#1315 35 days ago

3 days of curfew for entire counties due to mayhem in Minneapolis...because keeping hundreds of thousands of adults who aren’t breaking any laws locked in their homes will surely keep the world safe? Not seeing the logic here.

#1316 35 days ago

I'm strongly against fishing in the rain.

#1317 35 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

3 days of curfew for entire counties due to mayhem in Minneapolis...because keeping hundreds of thousands of adults who aren’t breaking any laws locked in their homes will surely keep the world safe? Not seeing the logic here.

Hmm. Rioting, looting, property damage, robberies? Gee, I wonder why they’re locking everything down?

All this crazy shit because of the death of their martyr- a guy tried and convicted of armed home invasion.
    Unpopular opinion: Get real dude, this wasn’t a guy selling loose cigarettes, this was a violent criminal. Being a homeowner with a family, I shed no tears. Home invasion/rape/child molestation is where I draw the fucking line. Dead guys like ‘ol minnisodee are the reason I bought a heater in the first place.
    FWIW, I don’t care for the “thin blue line” either. But I do know if we didn’t have them at all, there’d be bodies lined up all over the place with street justice written all over them.

#1319 35 days ago

Well a news reporter shot by a protester in Louisville and another crew shot with pepper bullets. Still think the cops that arrested the CNN crew were not correct when they ask them to move to a safer position????

#1320 35 days ago

Out-of-state rioters... Go the f home. Let us clean up our mess.

#1321 35 days ago

Did anyone see the video of the people breaking out the windows of the CNN offices screaming Fuck CNN?

#1322 35 days ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Hmm. Rioting, looting, property damage, robberies? Gee, I wonder why they’re locking everything down?
    All this crazy shit because of the death of their martyr- a guy tried and convicted of armed home invasion.
    Unpopular opinion: Get real dude, this wasn’t a guy selling loose cigarettes, this was a violent criminal. Being a homeowner with a family, I shed no tears. Home invasion/rape/child molestation is where I draw the fucking line. Dead guys like ‘ol minnisodee are the reason I bought a heater in the first place.
    FWIW, I don’t care for the “thin blue line” either. But I do know if we didn’t have them at all, there’d be bodies lined up all over the place with street justice written all over them.

Wow.

#1323 35 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

The logic there is to protect the actual law abiding citizens from harm, from those that are responding to a criminal act with nothing but more criminal acts, via pyromania, senseless assaults and destruction of property. Makes perfect sense.

#1324 35 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Did anyone see the video of the people breaking out the windows of the CNN offices screaming Fuck CNN?

Yes, there is a police station in that same building - most of the people weren't there protesting CNN.

#1325 35 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

IMG_5420 (resized).JPG
    #1326 35 days ago

That would be the one.

#1327 34 days ago

As far as the cops knew, that is all he was being arrested for and so what if they did know? Once someone is subdued or in custody, they are and should be held accountable for the person's safety.

They should also be held accountable when they escalate a situation and use more force than necessary.

#1328 34 days ago

Just do not get it. Rioting, looting, torching and damaging property, is not protesting.

Get out, and protest that is your right, bring candles, signs, get into groups, chant. That other crap is crossing a line.

#1329 34 days ago

The thing I find ironic is that all this protest against the police, is actually putting more money in the cops pockets.

I bet there are a whole lot of cops making some great overtime pay right about now.

I protest with my money. A while back a speed trap in the state of LA pissed me off. Now if I am passing through that state, I will gas up in MS or TX, and never ever spend a dime in the state of LA.

And it was just a bullshit high dollar ticket, I was not even going fast enough to get any points on my license.

#1330 34 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

state of LA.

And it was just a bullshit high dollar ticket, I was not even going fast enough to get any points on my license.

State of LA??

You could protest by buying a high speed...

#1331 34 days ago

I love this slight of hand America pulls. over 100,000 people die from corona virus so far. old news , lets give them something else to get riled up about. so protesters over one man go out in Masses, virus spreads even more. and who is dying most from this sickness, African Americans and latinos. written by a white guy who's smartest teacher in college was his [my] African American studies teacher. ps stick with the super smart people like glue, avoid the idiots like the plaque

#1332 34 days ago

And this thread is officially off track. Removing from favorites now. It was fun while it lasted. Peace out.

#1333 34 days ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

And this thread is officially off track. Removing from favorites now. It was fun while it lasted. Peace out.

#1334 34 days ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

And this thread is officially off track. Removing from favorites now.

At any given time any thread on Pinside will get off track, and most of the time that is one thing that keeps this site fun.

I am so glad that Pinside allows talking about other stuff other than just a pinball machine.

We all have one thing in common...pinball, but at the same time there is a whole lot more going on all the time.

This community is awesome, some very helpful like LTG, some just entertaining.

The Deeproot thread has to have the Pinside record for getting off topic, and I still read it daily for the entertainment now, rather than the "holy crap, 45 new posts, must be something going on", click on it, still nothing.

And threads getting off topic is the last thing I would complain about these days. The whole world is getting too crazy for me.

And not knocking you down a bit Scribbles , just saying hang in there buddy, hopefully we can have some more good complaints here soon.

And I currently have a bitch: I had that last beer when I knew I should have not, and that is on me.

#1335 34 days ago

Ok, back on track.

How come peeing inside the shower is fine, but when I stand outside the shower and pee in, it’s not?

#1336 34 days ago
    Quoted from smognote:

ps stick with the super smart people like glue, avoid the idiots like the plaque

Ha, if only it was as easy as brushing twice a day.

#1337 34 days ago
    Quoted from RTR:

How come peeing inside the shower is fine, but when I stand outside the shower and pee in, it’s not?

One requires aim, the other is fire away!

#1338 34 days ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Ok, back on track.

If you are at full mast, then the safest bet is the shower.

#1339 34 days ago

Those darn tongue fissures....

#1340 33 days ago

I tried to have a serious discussion elsewhere online today, which is probably problem number one. I was asking how I can help in all of this, assuming I just realized today there is a problem in the world and things aren't right. How can I be part of the solution? Simple enough. Good dialogue from a few people responding about basic stuff like communication...great, I can do that. One of the helpful responses, however, was a clear example to me of why it all falls apart: after all of the nice, informative help the post ended with "...and reparations would be nice, too". Bingo. For some, it's not about equal pay, equal treatment, equal lives from minute one that we exist. It's about how big of a TV do I get out of this? How much back payment do I get? "I don't want just a job paying $50k/year, I want to be a millionaire!"

Maybe the person was trolling. I hope so, because if not, I don't see how that line of thinking ever leads to total equality for all.

#1341 33 days ago

Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive are safe.

#1342 33 days ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

I didn't think this thread even had a track haha. But can't talk too much about what's going on out in the real world or we'll get modded cause it's too diverse. (their words not mine).

#1343 33 days ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I tried to have a serious discussion elsewhere online today, which is probably problem number one. I was asking how I can help in all of this, assuming I just realized today there is a problem in the world and things aren't right. How can I be part of the solution? Simple enough. Good dialogue from a few people responding about basic stuff like communication...great, I can do that. One of the helpful responses, however, was a clear example to me of why it all falls apart: after all of the nice, informative help the post ended with "...and reparations would be nice, too". Bingo. For some, it's not about equal pay, equal treatment, equal lives from minute one that we exist. It's about how big of a TV do I get out of this? How much back payment do I get? "I don't want just a job paying $50k/year, I want to be a millionaire!"
    Maybe the person was trolling. I hope so, because if not, I don't see how that line of thinking ever leads to total equality for all.

Quoted from EJS:

I didn't think this thread even had a track haha. But can't talk too much about what's going on out in the real world or we'll get modded cause it's too diverse. (their words not mine).

Yes, please do not discuss those items. I apologize...I know it is on the minds of many, but it is very sensitive to a whole lot of people, and the mods have agreed to stop such postings.

I hope everyone is doing well during these times, however. This year just sucks.

Please keep bitching, my friends.

#1344 33 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Yes, please do not discuss those items. I apologize...I know it is on the minds of many, but it is very sensitive to a whole lot of people, and the mods have agreed to stop such postings.
    I hope everyone is doing well during these times, however. This year just sucks.
    Please keep bitching, my friends.

Are you the least tenured moderator, based on Pinside join date? Seems strange to have a moderator who has only been around here a year. Do you even remember Vid1900?

#1345 33 days ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Seems strange to have a moderator who has only been around here a year.

He has been here a lot longer than a year. I think maybe his year said 8 before his info changed to mod, and year went to 1, and points went from around 120k to 223k.

He is cool. Actually all the mods are, but he is in more conversations and has sent me pm's long ago.

And as far as a bitch, my back is hurting from leveling a ping pong table.

And after I have not played in years I suck.

#1346 33 days ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

: after all of the nice, informative help the post ended with "...and reparations would be nice, too". Bingo. For some, it's not about equal pay, equal treatment, equal lives from minute one that we exist. It's about how big of a TV do I get out of this?

This is very misguided thinking, and if your goal really was to start a dialog you need to think about why it is.

#1347 33 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This is very misguided thinking, and if your goal really was to start a dialog you need to think about why it is.

Nah, some people just want the free stuff. Good for them.

#1348 33 days ago

Why can I go to the TNT Amusement thread and join in on the controversy (obvious trolling) brewing there, yet I'm banned from discussing current events in another thread because of the controversy it causes...………......…………………...……..

#1350 33 days ago
    Quoted from Scribbles:

Just found this thread. I cant stand bad dog owners who let their outside dogs bark nonstop ALL FUCKING DAY! How about you not be a lazy, worthless sack of flesh and exercise some control over the animal you chose to care for. Worthless assholes.....

Get a First Alert Dog Genie.....I swear by this thing. The first night I used it on my back fence neighbor's two a-hole dogs I thought they had moved overnight. Absolute silence! It turned my backyard into a tomb. I have it hard-wired to an outlet power supply now and bought a second one to aim off to the side for another dumb dog.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 85.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 189.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 1519 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside