8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,180 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 119 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

b844f26ab1e7e22844f4771278456dd6 (resized).jpg
    12915EA8-3848-40E8-B288-A2756BBFD920 (resized).jpeg
    20200229_153121 (resized).jpg
    costcoi_shrimp_cocktail2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9847 (resized).PNG
    D841C9AD-1B70-4346-9F55-CB827361D1A4.gif
    41DE2E6C-9CD0-4ABF-8A46-E20969A713E1.gif
    9CAA8BAA-9A74-4FB3-948B-DD746BC79B5B.gif
    IMG_9752 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9789 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9788 (resized).PNG
    Gz1J1LA.jpg
    IMG_9761.JPG
    IMG_9752.JPG
    IMG_9752.JPG

There are 1180 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
    #1151 19 days ago

I hate line cutters. It can be on foot at a grocery store or amusement park, etc, or on a road in a car with a lane closed.

On foot, if they look like they are big enough to kick my ass I stay shut up. If I think I can take them, I will say "HEY, THE END OF THE LINE IS BACK THERE!!!

In a car, (aggravates the hell out of my girlfriend), but I tailgate big time so the assholes can not jump ahead in front of me. I have been tempted to tie some old tires around my car and play bumper cars with some of those idiots.

On the other hand, I am very easy going, when driving I see sometimes a 18 wheeler is going to need my lane, and I get out of his way. I watch everything, and help all I can. But if someone is just being a asshole, not getting in front of me on the road.

#1152 18 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

All jokes aside, I had a guy come by walking his dog and watched him let his dog poop in my yard and when I went out to get on him he did begrudgingly clean it up with a bag I provided him. Wasn't but 3 days later and this guy is out in front of my home letting his dog poop and sure as shit off down the street he went. This time I didn't say shit to him. I went out got in my truck and keep circling the neighborhoods till I saw him go in a home. Perfect, went home got the poop put it in a bag and took it to the house opened it and dumped it in his mailbox. Have not seen the SOB since in my neighborhood.

I hear you. A neighbor of mine used to let his dog out in front of his house. He would crap on my lawn and even in my driveway. I got my fill of it and would pick it up with a shovel and fling it over on his driveway. Actually made me feel much better.

#1153 17 days ago

I've been questioning why I stay on pinside lately...………..Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of good people on here but over the last few years it has gotten to the point I question is it worth it. I see constant trolling by certain members that is NEVER addressed while others simply make a comment and bam......gone. You can't bring up any conversation without someone calling you racist or ignorant, uninformed, BOOMER, or their fav., old white men, do I need to elaborate further. Damn sad what this forum has become, it used to be about pinball and all the joy it brings into our lives now it just another podium for the masses to spout HS 24 hrs a day.
    Need an example just sit back and read the responses this post generates form the membership.

#1154 17 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I've been questioning why I stay on pinside lately...………..Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of good people on here but over the last few years it has gotten to the point I question is it worth it. I see constant trolling by certain members that is NEVER addressed while others simply make a comment and bam......gone. You can't bring up any conversation without someone calling you racist or ignorant, uninformed, BOOMER, or their fav., old white men, do I need to elaborate further. Damn sad what this forum has become, it used to be about pinball and all the joy it brings into our lives now it just another podium for the masses to spout HS 24 hrs a day.
    Need an example just sit back and read the responses this post generates form the membership.

Change the channel?

#1155 17 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I've been questioning why I stay on pinside lately...………..Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of good people on here but over the last few years it has gotten to the point I question is it worth it.

I wonder why too...meaning why you stay.

Come on Russ! You’ve got to just take it all with a grain of salt. There’s some annoying people on here, but there’s a fair number of good ones too. In the last two years a lot of the threads have become more about drama, BS, complaining and measuring your manhood, and less about the hobby of pinball, the games and why we enjoy it.

I try to stay out of confrontational threads for the most part now, but sometimes I definitely get dragged back in. It’s easy to.

I plan to spend some time this weekend shopping a few games, getting back to my Spidey resto and hopefully get a little work in on my Halloween pin. And play. The parts of this hobby I enjoy.

#1156 16 days ago

I will admit, I hate the whole, "Hey what do you think Stern's next music pin is going to be?" posts that pop up on here regularly. That gets old on Pinside, but the rest of it does not really bother me. There is going to be good and bad on any forum. Lately I have been going on the XFL group on facebook, and regardless of what someone posts, the first reply or response is usually negative. Stuff like that goes on everywhere. But for the most part, even if people troll, or name call on here, this is still a great site. Look how many times someone either has a child, loses a pet, gets sick, and there is an outpouring of well wishes, sympathy or concern. People have a problem with their machine, and others try to help. Yes people are going to argue, I have done it myself, and people are also going to be kind, and funny, helpful and informative. We are all different, and we all have different opinions and things to say. You sometimes have to take the bad with the good, and I feel that the good on Pinside far outweighs the bad. And that is just my opinion.

#1157 16 days ago

Speaking of the posts, "Hey what do you think Sterns next music pin is going to be?", this translates to, the OP wants to tell you what his/her favorite band is and why.

Or, "What TV show would you like to see Stern make a pin of?" This is a way for the OP to tell you what show they like and why.

"What movie should be made into the next pin?" Means, I like this movie.

To save time, I will not make posts like this, I damn well do not give a rat's pajamas what band, TV show or movie any of you like, so I wont ask. If I absolutely felt an overwhelming desire to let people know what I like, I wont ask what pinball machine should be made with that theme. I can just list the things that I like. It could go something like this.

Caramel M&Ms, thigh high nylon stockings on women, raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, double barrel rum and the waxy orange cheese on a Quarter Pounder. Actually none of these would make a good theme for a pinball machine, and not surprisingly, nobody cares.

#1158 16 days ago

I feel it is worth bitchin bout how they closed most all threads that were related to Corona Virus, and just have one thread related to that topic.
    For example: We shouldn't have to wade thru pgs of posts to try to find out what Travish got sick with and if he is still alive. Just leave his thread open.

#1159 16 days ago

Things for me to bitch about.

The bags of Caramel M&Ms are too small. It should be inside something more like a 50 pound bag of bird seed. I eat tons of these things. M&Ms, not birdseed. I don't have a sweet tooth for that stuff. It is for the birds. I am surprised that my gut does not look like I swallowed a 50 pound bag of bird seed.

There are not a lot of insanely sexy women wearing thigh high nylon stockings for me. Actually the number is pretty low. to be honest, it is almost non existent. The number is dangerously close to zero. I only see stuff like that in pictures.

Too much water on roses can wilt them. If I don't have award winning roses, I will have nothing to shower insanely hot women with. I need all the help that I can get. I look like a mangy kitten with whiskers. Most women love kittens, unless they look like me. My roses better dry soon. My love life depends on it.

Rum aged in two barrels is very good. I have a tendency to want to drink a lot of it. I could drink enough of it to fill a third barrel. Or maybe right out of the second barrel. I could take the third barrel and fill it with M&Ms. Even if I ate too much, and let myself go, who do I have to look good for? Its not like I have a parade of insanely hot women lining up outside my door. Unless of course they are taking time to smell the roses. In that case they would look a lot better on my lawn than a garden gnome, or a pink flamingo, or a scarecrow.

Ever buy a Fillet O' Fish? The waxy orange cheese is not a slice. It is more like a speck. It is the size of a postage stamp. Not a big commemorative stamp, but an average small boring one that is the size of a piece of Chiclets gum. That is a rip off. Why do they even bother? At least the ones on the Quarter Pounder are a decent size. Partner that with a generous amount of burger grease, and you have an award winning combination. I love those burgers. Unfortunately I should not eat too many of them. I should be watching my weight. After all, I need to look good for the ladies.

#1160 16 days ago

I am surprised that nobody is bitching about my stupid posts.

#1161 16 days ago

Drunk posting?

#1162 16 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Drunk posting?

Bored at work. Sigh.

#1163 16 days ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Ever buy a Fillet O' Fish? The waxy orange cheese is not a slice.

I refuse to listen to any criticisms of the Filet O’ Fish.

Good day sir. I said... GOOD DAY!

#1164 15 days ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Speaking of the posts, "Hey what do you think Sterns next music pin is going to be?", this translates to, the OP wants to tell you what his/her favorite band is and why.
    Or, "What TV show would you like to see Stern make a pin of?" This is a way for the OP to tell you what show they like and why.
    "What movie should be made into the next pin?" Means, I like this movie.
    To save time, I will not make posts like this, I damn well do not give a rat's pajamas what band, TV show or movie any of you like, so I wont ask. If I absolutely felt an overwhelming desire to let people know what I like, I wont ask what pinball machine should be made with that theme. I can just list the things that I like. It could go something like this.
    Caramel M&Ms, thigh high nylon stockings on women, raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, double barrel rum and the waxy orange cheese on a Quarter Pounder. Actually none of these would make a good theme for a pinball machine, and not surprisingly, nobody cares.

I was actually trying to sing that last paragraph to "These are a few of my favorite things" ...... almost works.

#1165 15 days ago

A cat shits on my front lawn.

#1166 15 days ago
    Quoted from mof:

A cat shits on my front lawn.

Cat shit really stinks and god forbid a male sprays you hedges......ugh takes for ever to get rid of that smell!

#1167 13 days ago

Some of you need to read the definition of cowardice and how it applies to your actions.

#1168 12 days ago

While some taxes are ok, property taxes really piss me off. The main thing with property taxes is school tax, and I have never had any kids, and I have been out of school for a very long time, but still paying for it.

Even 40 years ago, my uncle who had never had kids, told me one time: "if anyone working for the school ever messes with you, I want to talk to them, because I pay so much in school tax they better treat you well".

With all the money that is supposed to go to education from the lottery, school tax should be done away with I think.

And while I used to be ok with tax for firefighters, now even they go out looking for ways to fine you, like the police does.

(I have not had problems yet, but I have seen it happen to others first hand).

#1169 11 days ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

While some taxes are ok, property taxes really piss me off. The main thing with property taxes is school tax, and I have never had any kids, and I have been out of school for a very long time, but still paying for it.
    Even 40 years ago, my uncle who had never had kids, told me one time: "if anyone working for the school ever messes with you, I want to talk to them, because I pay so much in school tax they better treat you well".
    With all the money that is supposed to go to education from the lottery, school tax should be done away with I think.
    And while I used to be ok with tax for firefighters, now even they go out looking for ways to fine you, like the police does.

Feb 27, 2014 by Rob Boston
    "A story from the Wilmington, Del., News Journal caught my eye this morning: Some private school parents in the state are angry because legislators are considering axing a small subsidy they get to offset the cost of transporting their children to private schools.

The sums involved are not large, and the U.S. Supreme Court upheld this type of private school bus aid way back in 1947. It’s not so much a constitutional issue these days.

But one thing struck me as I read the story: Several of the private school parents complain that they pay taxes for public education and don’t “get anything” for it.

Parent Michael Charney, whose two children attend a Catholic school, remarked, “I pay my taxes every year and do not get anything from the state other than receiving this check, and now they’re thinking about taking even that away?”

Charney’s attitude is unfortunate – and it’s all too common these days. He asserts that he doesn’t get anything from those public school taxes. Mr. Charney, you could not be more wrong.

Let me tell you what you get: You get an educated public. You get kids who learn things and go on to contribute to society. You get literacy and numeracy. You get an appreciation for science. You get a school system, subject to local control and in most parts of the country governed by a democratically elected board, which educates 90 percent of our young people.

Do you want to be mercenary about it? OK – you get a generation of workers who will someday pay your Social Security. You get children off the street and in the schools. You get less crime.

You get a system that, when it works as it should because people support it, exposes children to Shakespeare, civics and science all in one day. You get professional educators who have been trained to teach young people things you probably can’t teach them.

You get a system that by law can’t turn any kid away. Young people with special needs are educated there. Minority students are educated there. Kids who don’t speak English as a first language are educated there. The poor, the rich and the middle class are educated there. Kids with IQs in the stratosphere are educated alongside those who need a little more help.

You also get a program of secular education and a system that no longer purports to wade into theological controversies. Your children will learn about religion as an academic subject but won’t be indoctrinated.

Finally, you get the assurance that the public schools will always be there for you. Who knows, Mr. Charney, someday maybe even one of your children will end up there. Remember, your private school can expel students at any time for any reason. The public school system cannot. Your children will always have a place there.

The taxes we pay for public schools aren’t just about what you get personally. Otherwise, childless people and those whose kids are grown would not have to pay them. We all pay those taxes because public education is part of the common good. That’s why it’s called “public.”

Not everyone wants to use the public school system, and that’s fine. But these people are in no way entitled to a rebate for the taxes they pay for public education because they benefit from the system whether they’re using it or not. Their argument is akin to a man demanding a rebate for the portion of his taxes that go to the public library because he has enough books at home.

Education writer Diane Ravitch has written eloquently about the role public education plays in American society. She speaks about the common good – a phrase that some people seem to be afraid to use in this country of swaggering bootstrappers. Yet for many of us, the idea of the common good is best exemplified by the public school system.

So keep paying your taxes, Mr. Charney. And please don’t complain or expect any rebates. I’d say you’re getting quite the bang for your buck."

#1170 11 days ago

#1171 11 days ago

Well, if you don't fund the schools, you have a bunch of idiots everywhere... We have Catholic schools that are publicly funded, which I do have a problem with.

#1172 11 days ago

I used to think a lot like this....until I went to a third-world country. After I got back to the U.S., I really did get down and kiss the ground. THEN I knew what my taxes went for.

#1173 10 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, if you don't fund the schools, you have a bunch of idiots everywhere... We have Catholic schools that are publicly funded, which I do have a problem with.

With all the kids out there eating tide pods and licking various items in the grocery store for the Corona virus challenge, I'm sure not funding schools would make much difference in the level of stupidity. Judging from their everyday actions funding them might move the stupid arrow more towards the tax payers.

#1174 8 days ago

Are there any Americans left on pinside?

#1175 8 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, if you don't fund the schools, you have a bunch of idiots everywhere

Schools are funded for too many unnecessary things. Should be reading, writing, arithmetic. Period!!

#1176 7 days ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Are there any Americans left on pinside?

Are there any Mongolians left on pinside?

#1177 6 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Are there any Mongolians left on pinside?

None

#1178 6 days ago

Bummer

#1179 6 days ago

It really pisses me off that there are companies I do work for that I have to constantly remind that I have sent them a bill, I am ready for payment.

They have plenty of money, but for whatever reason paying me is not a priority. And I bill some companies monthly, and some quarterly, so I have already waited long enough.

In the meantime, when a company does work for me, I pay them the minute I know the total.

Anyway, I have no problems getting a company to work for me, and they treat me right with their bill.

The companies I work for I guess I need to start charging late fees like a rental house or something, it just gets ridiculous.

#1180 5 days ago

It really pisses me off that there are companies I do work for that I have to constantly remind that I have sent them a bill, I am ready for payment.
    They have plenty of money, but for whatever reason paying me is not a priority. And I bill some companies monthly, and some quarterly, so I have already waited long enough.
    In the meantime, when a company does work for me, I pay them the minute I know the total.
    Anyway, I have no problems getting a company to work for me, and they treat me right with their bill.
    The companies I work for I guess I need to start charging late fees like a rental house or something, it just gets ridiculous.

Prioritize the companies that pay you promptly!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 75.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    There are 1180 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside