11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,533 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200709_083708 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200702_202803.jpg
    IMG_20200702_202735.jpg
    DSCN7014 (resized).JPG
    0628200828_00011 (resized).jpg
    quote-man-is-a-credulous-animal-and-must-believe-something-in-the-absence-of-good-grounds-bertrand-russell-25-49-72 (resized).jpg
    152908A9-BC03-4D29-98E8-E3EC6230EE1D (resized).jpeg
    BD0D8772-592F-40EA-9E02-24B286F715F8.gif
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    105330357_10157710546453075_4115239356655332651_o (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7012 (resized).JPG
    EbXvGA0UMAAUeTT (resized).jpg
    SJW GROW UP (resized).jpg
    DSCN6986 (resized).JPG
    IMAG1256 (resized).jpg

There are 1533 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.
    #701 10 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Gotta bitch about imbeciles who hold their phones vertically when taking videos. Do they have vertical televisions too?

#702 10 months ago

You win best post of the day already!

LMAO.

#703 10 months ago

Love it! I'm glad that apparently others loathe this dumb practice even more than I do.

#704 10 months ago

I was gonna bitch about how DirecTV has been giving me the runaround while trying to get my annual loyalty discount.

But free Genie DVR upgrade, $40 off my monthly bill for a year and FREE NFL Sunday ticket, and I am once again loyal as ever.

#705 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was gonna bitch about how DirecTV has been giving me the runaround while trying to get my annual loyalty discount.
    But free Genie DVR upgrade, $40 off my monthly bill for a year and FREE NFL Sunday ticket, and I am once again loyal as ever.

Yupp, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

#706 10 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yupp, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".

You really gotta be persistent with them these days.

#707 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like DirecTV, as a parent I have been known to confuse "loyal" with "amenable to bribery."

#708 10 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Like DirecTV, as a parent I have been known to confuse "loyal" with "amenable to bribery."

I can be as cheap as anyone. Like my $20 phone or electric bill.

But when it comes to entertainment, the above described package in three rooms in the house and one in the garage for slightly over $100 a month, is right in my cheapskate wheelhouse. I've already got about 100 movies recorded and the first few episodes of Highway Patrol which normally comes on at 5:00 AM. I've been waiting a long time for them to show that again.

#709 10 months ago

I've been using comcast DVR to record bunch of classic shit off of channels that are free anyway (antenna TV, METV, etc) but when I'm not watching.

Makes me wonder why I'm not just freakin taping my shows on VCR from rabbit ears!

SVEN, Gilligan, the Beaver, Andy, Perry, Alfred, Rod, Hawkeye, Jeannie, Samantha, and Hogan wouldn't know the damn difference!

Lol.

#710 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Makes me wonder why I'm not just freakin taping my shows on VCR from rabbit ears!

Because it's a lot easier to figure out how to use this thing! For a while I was hitting the button on accident recording stuff I didn't even want.

But yeah, I do METV, TCM, and Sony and MGM movie channels mostly when looking to record. I have a buddy that comes over and all he wants to watch is Hardbodies and Hardbodies 2 in the garage while we are playing, two of the first movies recorded.

#711 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Because it's a lot easier to figure out how to use this thing! For a while I was hitting the button on accident recording stuff I didn't even want.
    But yeah, I do METV, TCM, and Sony and MGM movie channels mostly when looking to record. I have a buddy that comes over and all he wants to watch is Hardbodies and Hardbodies 2 in the garage while we are playing, two of the first movies recorded.

Love me some old ass mgm and tcm movies too....

Anytime a classic monster film is on, some noir stuff, old spooky kids stuff, etc ...

And of course stooges.

#712 10 months ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Anytime a classic monster film is on, some noir stuff, old spooky kids stuff, etc ...

I've got more dinosaur movies recorded than I even knew existed! At least I know I've got the one with Raquel Welch on there now. Hope my drive doesn't fill up before Charles Bronson in the Mechanic is set to record later in the week. I've got most of the original Planet of the Apes movies on there. Original Scarface from the 30s coming up too.

#713 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've got more dinosaur movies recorded than I even knew existed! At least I know I've got the one with Raquel Welch on there now. Hope my drive doesn't fill up before Charles Bronson in the Mechanic is set to record later in the week. I've got most of the original Planet of the Apes movies on there. Original Scarface from the 30s coming up too.

Got some ORIGINAL (30s I believe) Perry Mason to watch on DVR

#714 10 months ago

I count 10 or 12 posts in a row without a bitch. mods can we have some thread ejections please?
    Hate people not bitchin' in the bitchin' thread.

#715 10 months ago

OK. i'm bitching that it took three phone calls and five different people before DirecTV would style me up.

#716 10 months ago

It sucks that I just had to pay 5247.00 in property taxes... that is a damn pro NIB.

#717 10 months ago

My bitch is that o-din owns 23.4% of the posts on this thread. Time to rename it...

#718 10 months ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

My bitch is that o-din owns 23.4% of the posts on this thread. Time to rename it...

Especially since he seems so contented these days. Get bitching, people!

#719 10 months ago

When JJP sends you certificate 997, but you own DILE 998.

20190904_214904 (resized).jpg
    #720 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mageek:

This on a $75 parts order .....[quoted image]

On many occasions UPS always charged me a brokerage fee for items entering Canada. Like a mark up. Where as USPS sent items rarely does Canada Post ask for an additional fee. On work or home related packages.

#721 10 months ago

Then, you let JJP know about the error and they send you a certificate that you own PoTC 998.

20190904_220032 (resized).jpg
    #722 10 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Especially since he seems so contented these days. Get bitching, people!

That's the whole point!

#723 10 months ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

When JJP sends you certificate 997, but you own DILE 998.

That goes all the way back to WOZ.

They wanted to be so much like Williams, they pulled that Cactus Canyon stunt just for publicity.

#724 10 months ago

SF1IzaP (resized).jpg

#725 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

SF1IzaP (resized).jpg

Only time I have ever heard that was tenants that ended up being sorry as shit and left the place in a mess. Thanks former property manager... you sucked.

Now I use a friend that is a real estate broker to find tenants, they are all awesome, and even though property taxes have doubled and most landlords are raising rents, I will never go up one penny on a tenant.

#726 10 months ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Then, you let JJP know about the error and they send you a certificate that you own PoTC 998.[quoted image]

Keep it up, and you'll own them all.

#727 10 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It sucks that I just had to pay 5247.00 in property taxes... that is a damn pro NIB.

Is that for a year or six months?

#728 10 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

On many occasions UPS always charged me a brokerage fee for items entering Canada. Like a mark up. Where as USPS sent items rarely does Canada Post ask for an additional fee. On work or home related packages.

Yes that's correct , same with China Post no duty, I will not order anything that comes via UPS or FedEx any more it's criminal what they do.

#729 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is that for a year or six months?

A year. It would really suck if it was 6 months.

#730 10 months ago

Don’t buy property in taxachusetts then. mine are way higher.

#731 10 months ago

Engine light came on on my 2009 Honda Odyssey. Rodents chewed through an emissions line going to the gas tank.
    Replace the line? Shouldn't be too much. Right?

The whole gas tank has to be replaced. $3100.00 for a new tank. Or $1300.00 for a used one.

#732 10 months ago

I pay a few grand more than that for essentially a starter home in a decent but not great part of Los Angeles.

#733 10 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I pay a few grand more than that for essentially a starter home in a decent but not great part of Los Angeles.

I know prices are high as hell in CA, I spent some time there 2 years ago.

#734 10 months ago

I'm bitching now that since all these playfield issues are taking center stage, it seems like less and less care about their dream themes anymore.

#735 10 months ago

I'm bitching now that I set a Oktoberfest off family friendly I have not heard anything yet that was not family friendly.

#736 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Engine light came on on my 2009 Honda Odyssey. Rodents chewed through an emissions line going to the gas tank.
    The whole gas tank has to be replaced. $3100.00 for a new tank. Or $1300.00 for a used one.

Flex-Seal???

#737 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Have you checked a different mechanic. I’m not really sure why a chewed through plastic external line would need a gas tank. I think those lines you could probably order from the parts store or dealer. Also I found this on eBay seems a lot cheaper then 1300.

A90E186D-EEA0-4901-AE08-722AF86E2706 (resized).png
    #738 10 months ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Have you checked a different mechanic. I’m not really sure why a chewed through plastic external line would need a gas tank. I think those lines you could probably order from the parts store or dealer. Also I found this on eBay seems a lot cheaper then 1300.[quoted image]

Here's a question for professional mechanics. I do not have a state emissions test due until 2021. I expect to get a new vehicle before that time comes.
    Is it safe to drive my van the way it is until that time? In the next few months I plan on driving to the York and Houston shows. Do I have anything to worry about if I do not get this fixed right away?

#739 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Here's a question for professional mechanics. I do not have a state emissions test due until 2021. I expect to get a new vehicle before that time comes.
    Is it safe to drive my van the way it is until that time? In the next few months I plan on driving to the York and Houston shows. Do I have anything to worry about if I do not get this fixed right away?

Honestly, if you can get to the line without much trouble, you might be able to just splice it back together. If you don’t have the knowledge to do it yourself, I would find a local shop and have them look at it. It should be an easy fix.

#740 10 months ago

And invest in some rodent traps if this is in a garage. Rodents can do a lot of damage to automobiles.

#741 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

If its not spewing fuel I would think its just a vacuum line. If you can get to it it should be an easy fix. Beware some mechanics. My son almost got screwed for $800 bucks on a $100 fix I did myself.

#742 10 months ago

I used to be a professional mechanic.

#743 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I used to be a professional mechanic.

I thought you were now. I used to be in the mid 80's. ASE certified and worked at the Ford dealership but cars have changed a lot since then.

#744 10 months ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Rodents can do a lot of damage to automobiles.

And Pinball machines! < priorities people

#745 10 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

And Pinball machines! &lt; priorities people

Oh yes, that too! They love chewing on wires.

#746 10 months ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

UPS sux big time. I spent $15000 buying off ebay and the only 2 times i got dinged with fees were thru UPS. When i was new to ebay i purchased a autographed TB12 helmet from a seller in Texas. Not only did ups charge me $80 freakin bucks for a 2x2 box shipped to Edmonton, they dinged me another $60 in fees. Total bs. I swore i never would get something shipped UPS again. Thankfully my dealer was a huge pats fan and we worked out a trade that made up for it.

#747 10 months ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I thought you were now. I used to be in the mid 80's. ASE certified and worked at the Ford dealership but cars have changed a lot since then.

No fuel leak is a good fuel leak. And I'd hate to advise against fixing it. However lots of vehicles are cruising around with an evap code set.

#748 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No fuel leak is a good fuel leak. And I'd hate to advise against fixing it. However lots of vehicles are cruising around with an evap code set.

It's not a fuel leak.

#749 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

It's not a fuel leak.

If it is a vapor leak only, many people aren't fixing them. To pass smog they just reset the computer or disconnect the battery to make the light go out and then drive it enough so all but the evap monitor is ready. Evap is usually the last and hardest monitor to get ready and that is the one that is allowed to be incomplete and still pass the inspection. At least here. But we are allowed to do the inspection for other states.

They just added a new rule for 2010 and newer that it will also fail for a P code which is supposedly not erased when the computer is reset. So far I have not seen one fail for that.

#750 10 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If it is a vapor leak only, many people aren't fixing them. To pass smog they just reset the computer or disconnect the battery to make the light go out and then drive it enough so all but the evap monitor is ready. Evap is usually the last and hardest monitor to get ready and that is the one that is allowed to be incomplete and still pass the inspection. At least here. But we are allowed to do the inspection for other states.
    They just added a new rule for 2010 and newer that it will also fail for a P code which is supposedly not erased when the computer is reset. So far I have not seen one fail for that.

Thanks Odin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    € 3.70
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 32.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    There are 1533 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside