EF8EE08E-5644-4002-B932-ECF4A8A8A79F (resized).jpeg
Grand_Funk_(album_cover) (resized).jpg
ac dc (resized).jpg
meatloaf (resized).jpg
seger (resized).jpg
images.jpeg-15 (resized).jpg
images.jpeg-16 (resized).jpg
zz (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

For me, at 57 graduated in 82, It's Ratt "Out Of The Cellar" Just love that whole album man! The vocals, and the duet of Lead and Rhythm guitars are second to none. Not to mention every time I fire it up nice and loud it brings back memories of cruising on Saturday night and old girl friends. Crazy drive in movie nights of riding in trunk because we had very little money. We would start out at the arcade then move over to the pizza joint next door. After getting kicked out of there for bad language and roudy behavior we moved on to the drive in. Once that cooled off we would head down to River Street (the big cruising strip where all the bars were) and go berserk. We generally kept our alcohol intake to a minimum because we wanted to stay out of jail but mostly out of respect to our cars.
I had a big block Chevelle and my buddy had a Challenger. So what's your story and what's your Timeless Band/Album?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Guns and Roses..graduated in 89...saw them open for Aerosmith in 88. The 1st record still gets played.

Appetite For Destruction! Yep still got it! Good example.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

Graduated HS in ‘82 in Southern California so of course, I was totally into the punk and new wave scene. Still love most 80’s bands of that genre, including Peter Murphy, Love and Rockets, Simple Minds, New Order, Berlin, etc. Let’s see a pin for the B52s! Fitting for the world’s greatest party band.

One of my favorite movies of that era is Real Genius!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Also 57, graduated in '82 -
Along w RATT and Van Halen, I was also getting into the new wave of British heavy metal - Priest, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard....

Screaming for Vengeance! Lots of cruising to that one!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Graduated in 93 and I still listen to damn near everything that I listened to back in those days.

You know it's funny, Most of what I listen to now is new Alternative. I love new music.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Nirvana nevermind album, like kurt cobain but not grunge in general.

Yep, Alice And Chains also!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Class of '92. First heard Metallica in fall '88, beginning of freshman year, right when Justice came out. Spent the next three years devouring their first four albums. Fell out of love my senior year due to the black album.
edit: oh shit, you said STILL love. Back to the drawing board.

Oh you said the Black Album! That was another one I still listen to. And don’t get me started on Master Of Puppets!

#30 2 years ago

Another one for me is Outlaws/Ghost Rider

#46 2 years ago

Graduating in the 80s... Petra. "Beat the System" and "This Means War". 2 awesome albums.
I know, I know... you've never heard of them. Check out some of their songs on YouTube.
"You Are My Rock"
"Adonai"
"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered"
"Dead Reckoning"
"Witch Hunt"
Just to name a few of their awesome songs.<

Love that handle “Pinfadel” thats a good one.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

I thought this was going to be a thread about bands you went to high school with, I was in the same class as Josh Davis (DJ Shadow) even loaned him some records, Billy Joe and Mike Dirnt (Green Day) went to a close local school, saw their first show, my shitty band played with them a few times when we were all still in school.
I still listen to bands like Crimpshrine and RKL does that count?
B

Yep! Cool Story!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I listen to all music, always have, always will. Music is on around me 24/7.
I will list three that started around the era I graduated high school (95) but still release relatively new music-
Primus
Dream Theatre
Radiohead

Dream Theater. Theres one I haven’t heard in awhile. Live is another one of that era. Saw those guys at RedRocks here in Colorado. Also Smashing Pumpkins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-one-band-you-went-to-high-school-with-that-you-still-love?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.