(Topic ID: 97477)

That Moment When You Line Up 5x Multiball AND Vacation...

By Gemini

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

...and discover firsthand that 5x Playfield doesn't multiply the Vacation Jackpot... ; - ;

Actually, I'm more impressed with myself in that, even if just emulated in Pinball Arcade, I was able to intentionally set up the perfect situation so that I would get 5x in one shot and score the vacation jackpot with the next, especially considering I'm presently a better flow player than control player. So rather than intentionally try to make specific shots, which I'm not very good at, I tried a different approach: Intentionally AVOID shooting the things that would mess up the goal of getting 5x right before vacation, until I was down to just the last two shots, and then I just did my best to hit them and luckily got 'em both very quickly! : D

...and you know... three months ago I called WH2O a "freakin' hard" game to the guy who introduced me to it, and I'm sure the next time I get to play it for real at his place I'll get dominated since it's going to be quite a long time yet before I can afford a machine of my own to practice on... but the funny thing is, even on a computer screen, the real trick is to just learn what works and what doesn't, not just with where you aim the ball, but with how you rescue it when it's in danger... and to recognize when the ball IS in danger. Once you have these instincts honed then the difficulty of the game becomes irrelevant and it ultimately comes down to whether you just like playing it or not! : )

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Vacation jackpot is the one you get in multiball, right? 5x works for me on that one. I'm using the Home ROM.

Err... the Vacation Jackpot is the 200,000,000 score you get by completing the Vacation Planner, which is done by getting the multiplier up to 6x, getting to Wet Willie's, scoring all six boulder awards, and locking a third ball in the No Way Out hole after you've done all of that.

But yeah, 5x works on the regular jackpots in multiball which you get from shooting the waterfall, which become worth insane amounts of points on their own with 5x going! ; )

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Oops. I'm a LONG LONG way away from getting there!

In that case, if you don't already know what happens when you do get there, don't spoil the surprise by looking it up online! ; D

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gemini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-moment-when-you-line-up-5x-multiball-and-vacation?tu=Gemini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.