Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

..that moment when you finish a couple hours of testing stuff on a pinball machine, trying to figure out why it has no playfield lighting, only to realize that LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 50+ light bulbs on the playfield is just burned out.

That's my life right now.

#2 8 years ago

I feel like a dingus for not checking that earlier; I've actually had a game with every controlled lamp out before.Relieved it's not some inexplicable phantom issue that'll take months to track down, though.

Time to find my box of bulbs pulled from LED'd games, or order a ton of 555s, I suppose.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

50+ light bulbs on the playfield is just burned out.

Helped a guy out with an EM, then he asks about the 5 lights still working in the backbox. Quick peek behind the backglass and had to tell him that those other 20 or so bulbs were all toast.

It does happen.

#4 8 years ago

I've seen all controlled lamps out before, but never controlled and GI all out. Just blows my mind that someone presumably played it with no lamps last

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I've seen all controlled lamps out before, but never controlled and GI all out. Just blows my mind that someone presumably played it with no lamps last

Sometimes pins are woefully neglected by coin ops. I saw an Elvis last summer with no controlled lamps, partial GI, and the hound dog switch that was making contact constantly, so the dog howl kept going off every 3 seconds. Then, sometimes a home owner will get a busted pin like that and think that is how it is supposed to work, since they haven't seen otherwise.

#6 8 years ago

Years ago, I knew a guy who told me he kept a bucket of burnt out bulbs, and if he sold a game to someone who he felt jacked him around, he'd ship the game with every last bulb in the entire game replaced with a burnt one, in order to drive the guy crazy in troubleshooting and then tick him off royal once he realized what has happened. Rotten.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

..that moment when you finish a couple hours of testing stuff on a pinball machine, trying to figure out why it has no playfield lighting, only to realize that LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE of the 50+ light bulbs on the playfield is just burned out.
That's my life right now.

Been there, done that.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Years ago, I knew a guy who told me he kept a bucket of burnt out bulbs, and if he sold a game to someone who he felt jacked him around, he'd ship the game with every last bulb in the entire game replaced with a burnt one, in order to drive the guy crazy in troubleshooting and then tick him off royal once he realized what has happened. Rotten.

That's a lot of work to piss someone off.

#9 8 years ago

Or, someone was troubleshooting and somehow crossed 24 or 50 volts onto the general illumination wires and poof!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-moment-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.