B6CE5723-EC5D-4754-9160-7E91D5D2FD7A (resized).jpeg
KindOfABigDeal.jpg
face palm group.gif
lucy1 (resized).jpg
thats-all-folks_163.gif
dangling carrot.gif
Screen-Shot-2018-12-14-at-8.11.05-AM (resized).png
fudgie1 (resized).jpg
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Sadly gryszzz the seller did back out and it is still not worth a fuck.

seller did not back out. Shit will still go down in due time.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seller did not back out. Shit will still go down in due time.

I hope you get your game.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This thread was never about me/my specific game.

It was initially...you renamed the thread. Either way I hope you get your game. Best of luck.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You already know this, but saying the Title of some rare games would be all that is needed for another whale collector to get envolved.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It will still work out eventually; just time. He gave me his word and his word is bond.

His word must not mean that much.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It was initially...you renamed the thread. Either way I hope you get your game. Best of luck.

sorry but you are completely wrong, have poor reading comprehension, or have created a false idea in your head from this thread going sideways from the same usual suspects?

The only thing I edited was the title to be more clear it was about all whales.

You can go see the post that quoted me right after I started from Quy to see nothing else was even changed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-feeling-when-you-land-a-whale-but-can-t-share-the-details-yet#post-5416344

This thread was very clearly about "That feeling when you land a whale but can't share the details yet"
e.g. that anticipation and excitement we all feel. the common bond of pinheads, and esp pinheads that like oddball and rare games.

I even clearly wrote about hoping others have whales in their future.

Seriously amazed (I know I should not be) with the complete lack of reading comprehension and dbag itis that goes on around here.
Some people really know how to try and suck as much fun from this hobby as possible.

It is strange.

#356 4 years ago

Well clearly I’m not alone here. Others thought this was focused on you as well. It was 6 pages or so of people asking if you got it yet. Followed by a bunch of memes and GIF’s when the seller flaked out. I wasn’t trying to be rude. And finally, I genuinely meant it when I said I hope you get your game. I’m out.

#357 4 years ago

I'm just gonna keep gazing into the stars.

#358 4 years ago

@whysnow, what I think you are missing is the excitement that we felt for you! Most following this thread were excited to see what rare pin you were getting as a lot of us have been there and do know that feeling. It was not only excitement for you or any other pinhead acquiring a rare title, but also the hopes that something of historical significance was discovered or something that was thought to have maybe been destroyed was finally found. If the seller’s word is his bond like you said...I’m failing to see the danger or risk in letting us share in your excitement for a pin that you definitely will be acquiring in due time. We have shared the journey with you this far...why pull the plug and leave everyone that was participating while this thread was fun hanging?

#359 4 years ago

Yeah, all I really cared about was the interest of what game.
And it’s not like another collector doesn’t know X game is rare.
But whatever, I scored my whale recently, anyone care to guess?
Oh, but I’m not going to tell you.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but you are completely wrong, have poor reading comprehension, or have created a false idea in your head from this thread going sideways from the same usual suspects?
The only thing I edited was the title to be more clear it was about all whales.
You can go see the post that quoted me right after I started from Quy to see nothing else was even changed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-feeling-when-you-land-a-whale-but-can-t-share-the-details-yet#post-5416344
This thread was very clearly about "That feeling when you land a whale but can't share the details yet"
e.g. that anticipation and excitement we all feel. the common bond of pinheads, and esp pinheads that like oddball and rare games.
I even clearly wrote about hoping others have whales in their future.
Seriously amazed (I know I should not be) with the complete lack of reading comprehension and dbag itis that goes on around here.
Some people really know how to try and suck as much fun from this hobby as possible.
It is strange.

But you ask for it to be closed because your deal fell through, shouldnt it stay open for others to share their whales (as you said earlier).....
Look at me.....

#361 4 years ago

All of this just to conceal the possible purchase of a BBBB....

#362 4 years ago
KindOfABigDeal.jpgKindOfABigDeal.jpg
#363 4 years ago
B6CE5723-EC5D-4754-9160-7E91D5D2FD7A (resized).jpegB6CE5723-EC5D-4754-9160-7E91D5D2FD7A (resized).jpeg
#364 4 years ago

This popcorn needs more butter.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

"His word is bond....it is secure." So secure I can't tell you. What a waste. Can I bill you for my time involved in reading this stupid thread? Pm with my paypal address to follow. Friends and family please.

Don't hold your breath. He owes me five hundred bucks for a pic of Clay with a Predator. He welched on that deal.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't hold your breath. He owes me five hundred bucks for a pic of Clay with a Predator. He welched on that deal.

You never provided that picture. Your old age is getting to you.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You never provided that picture. Your old age is getting to you.

The picture was posted here on pinside in a thread you practically owned.

I'll make a couple of calls tomorrow to get you a Predator from a different source since your friend backed out. There are still three or four available. One is near Green Bay.

By the way, you're not much younger than me, just inexperienced.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

But you ask for it to be closed because your deal fell through, shouldnt it stay open for others to share their whales (as you said earlier).....
Look at me.....

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason for this thread to be closed. It’s about everyone sharing their whales as the thread title suggests, not just the OP’s, isn’t that right Hilton?

#369 4 years ago

This got interesting, I’m glad I didn’t drain

#370 4 years ago

As someone who can barely collect common games, let alone rare ones, I’m curious to know how much a predator pin is worth. Even a ballpark figure would be cool if there hasn’t been a sale lately.

#371 4 years ago

I hope it's not Predator, it's not a whale, it's a moral boat anchor.

#372 4 years ago

I say close this thread down and we can start another "whale" thread that is fresh from the start.

John

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I say close this thread down and we can start another "whale" thread that is fresh from the start.
John

Oh man or just have 2 going and it’ll be a Pinside Whale Wars

#374 4 years ago

Never gets old

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

No way! This is clearly the “Official Whale Thread of Pinside”.

#376 4 years ago

I’m mr Meeseeks, look at me !!!

#377 4 years ago

appears hilton has relinquished command of this ship.

#378 4 years ago
bronson no no.gifbronson no no.gif
#379 4 years ago

Wait what? Is this really for a Predator? It so, the irony is so delicious...

#380 4 years ago
tumblr_pvoqwjRs9r1rrkahjo5_250.giftumblr_pvoqwjRs9r1rrkahjo5_250.gif
#381 4 years ago

Ok Whysnow you win. You can come pick up your whale tomorrow if you want. But I’m keeping the matching shoes!

1734FE38-F174-4D77-979B-A414982E244E (resized).jpeg1734FE38-F174-4D77-979B-A414982E244E (resized).jpeg
#382 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Whysnow you win. You can come pick up your whale tomorrow if you want. But I’m keeping the matching shoes![quoted image]

Holy crap! I just flipped that steaming pile of crap this weekend at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. Had never seen Punchy before and wow, was it terrible... lol. But on the other hand, I got to flip this awesome thing!! Only 1 of 2 made and got all the way to the top and knocked out one of the clow 's teeth. Never seen anything like it... pretty cool!
20200208_164839 (resized).jpg20200208_164839 (resized).jpg20200208_164829 (resized).jpg20200208_164829 (resized).jpg

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Holy crap! I just flipped that steaming pile of crap this weekend at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. Had never seen Punchy before and wow, was it terrible... lol. But on the other hand, I got to flip this awesome thing!! Only 1 of 2 made and got all the way to the top and knocked out one of the clow 's teeth. Never seen anything like it... pretty cool!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fingers crossed it's up and working when I get there this weekend

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Would make things interesting, wouldn't it?

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I hope not. There was one at MGC last year, and it was awful. I think thunderbirds shot better.

I doubt that was the game he is working on.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This thread was never about me/my specific game.

Quoted from Murphdom:

It was initially...you renamed the thread.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but you are completely wrong

Quoted from Whysnow:

The only thing I edited was the title

Da fuq?

#387 4 years ago

I must say this is probably one of the most ridiculous threads I've followed for close to a month!

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Had never seen Punchy before and wow, was it terrible... lol.

Blasphemy !

I'm surprised it hasn't been a remake yet. Some of Fred Young's best call outs.

LTG : )

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In typical fashion, a few of the people that troll like to hate on the whole experience.

It's never you, it's everyone else.

Oh Hilton.Oh Hilton.

#390 4 years ago

this has been the greatest thread

so much ridiculousness

Whysnow, thank you. You posted a fun idea. I understood what you were doing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#391 4 years ago

It's not a predator because then he'd have to sell it and divvy up the monies with everyone; right?

#392 4 years ago

All this whale talk, just remember Ahab was taken to the bottom of the sea by Moby Dick.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not a predator because then he'd have to sell it and divvy up the monies with everyone; right?

I have zero interest in ever touching that game again.

The whale in this specific case was a Cosmic Princess.
I have now ended up passing on it so can share. I received some more info and it is not the game for me (needs more than originally thought).

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/cosmic-princess

I will find one eventually. If anyone knows of one stateside them please PM me.

If I dont get one stateside then I will eventually go visit RD and ship one home

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

To tide everyone until the big reveal, here are two whales I landed this week. Both of these I've been searching for a bit, with not a lot of hope I would ever land one. 11 hour total drive time.
Big thanks to pfcjimmy and brenna98 for the assists.
[quoted image]

Ah man!! Solar Fire is one bad ass pin

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have zero interest in ever touching that game again.
The whale in this specific case was a Cosmic Princess.
I have now ended up passing on it so can share. I received some more info and it is not the game for me (needs more than originally thought).
I will find one eventually. If anyone knows of one stateside them please PM me.
If I dont get one stateside then I will eventually go visit RD and ship one home

That's cool.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ah man!! Solar Fire is one bad ass pin

Thanks. It's in decent playing condition too.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Post #21

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm guessing no....it would have to be more Stargazer level if Stern to make such a thread.
OR...it could be a lame offshoot Stern like Cosmic Princess.

#398 4 years ago

You sir, may now commence the chest pounding. Great call on that one.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You gotta find one first.

Not many around ... I know of 4 here. Probably more likely to source one in Australia. In saying that, I can’t recall seeing one for sale there lately either. Only 336 of them out there. Surprised there are actually some in the States.

I just rebuilt mine, it’ll be used for the upcoming Pincade Classics tournament.

rd

#400 4 years ago

Oh, a cosmic princess, they come up for sale quite often in Australia, not really that special over here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-feeling-when-you-land-a-whale-but-can-t-share-the-details-yet/page/8?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.