B6CE5723-EC5D-4754-9160-7E91D5D2FD7A (resized).jpeg
KindOfABigDeal.jpg
face palm group.gif
lucy1 (resized).jpg
thats-all-folks_163.gif
dangling carrot.gif
Screen-Shot-2018-12-14-at-8.11.05-AM (resized).png
fudgie1 (resized).jpg

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Did someone say something about two rare Zacs?[quoted image]

only Zac I would ever want to add to my collection. That game rocks (robot is a close 2nd; sorry high five and robot)

#252 4 years ago

Awesome!

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

There absolutely is a third Robot involved with this whole deal .

Triple jackpot. Nice!

#254 4 years ago

Has this whale made landfall yet? Someone wake me when it's over.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Deja vu?! I hope whysnow didn't buy a Batman 66 for $89 from china.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

updated thread title to keep the negativity down.

Whole idea was to share the excitement of scoring a rare game, a game you have been on the hunt for for a while, etc...

I have not picked up the game I have hooked (snow related issues), but will soon.

#257 4 years ago

God damn, the coolest Zac out there!
Why two?!? Share some love :b

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

After all these years we finally learn the way to Dougs heart. Nuts!

Screenshot_20200125-134230~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200125-134230~2 (resized).png
#259 4 years ago

At least give us the manufacture.

#260 4 years ago

My latest whale-- Andromeda! I've been after one of these for years and years, including one I had a deposit on, but that got away through the owner's untimely and unexpected death.

Next to it are earlier whales-- Time Fantasy with a HSA restored PF, and the Warlok with a clearcoated NOS PF.

AndromedaTimeFantasyWarlok2 (resized).jpgAndromedaTimeFantasyWarlok2 (resized).jpgAndromedaTimeFantasyWarlok (resized).jpgAndromedaTimeFantasyWarlok (resized).jpg
#261 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

My latest whale-- Andromeda! I've been after one of these for years and years, including one I had a deposit on, but that got away through the owner's untimely and unexpected death.
Next to it are earlier whales-- Time Fantasy with a HSA restored PF, and the Warlok with a clearcoated NOS PF.[quoted image][quoted image]

VERY cool! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL machine!

#262 4 years ago

I know it's simple, but I'd really like to play a South Park pinball machine again. I don't want to own one, but it is one I remember playing a lot in the arcade as a kid. I think my pin skills are up to beat it now. Maybe one will show up at pinfest and I can play a handful of games.

#263 4 years ago

My personal "whale" right now is a decent Gottlieb 2001 within a reasonable driving distance of Seattle. Been looking for a while without success but I know there's one out there.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

God damn, the coolest Zac out there!
Why two?!? Share some love :b

Because it’s the coolest, obviously!

I had wanted one for roughly 20 years; never thought I’d get one. Jumped at the last one rvdv had up for sale. A couple weeks later I stumbled on another... except it was still in Italy. I couldn’t help myself and imported that one at a much greater risk but a fun summer project/story in the end. One will be traded off in due time. Say, anyone got a Robot?

#265 4 years ago

Because it’s the coolest, obviously!
I had wanted one for roughly 20 years; never thought I’d get one. Jumped at the last one rvdv had up for sale. A couple weeks later I stumbled on another... except it was still in Italy. I couldn’t help myself and imported that one at a much greater risk but a fun summer project/story in the end. One will be traded off in due time. Say, anyone got a Robot?

Ha! I will have a nice Robot at some point . A spooky would be cool to have next to it , anything other than a robot interest you ?

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

My personal "whale" right now is a decent Gottlieb 2001 within a reasonable driving distance of Seattle. Been looking for a while without success but I know there's one out there.

Mine has been Dimension, the AAB version for a while now but I recently settled on a 2001.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

There absolutely is a third Robot involved with this whole deal .

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto!

#268 4 years ago

This is killing me.

#269 4 years ago

this whale ... still snowed in ?

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

this whale ... still snowed in ?

Yes but looks to be a few warm days coming up. Let’s hope snow melts

#271 4 years ago

doghouse you have an awesome collection. That Baywatch looks out of place. You should trade my taxi + cash for it.

#272 4 years ago

did you land it yet ?

#273 4 years ago

Wasn't expecting much of a payoff here yet I still have blue balls.

If this game ends up sucking you are gonna hear about it. From me!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wasn't expecting much of a payoff here yet I still have blue balls.
If this game ends up sucking you are gonna hear about it. From me!

Especially if its a Black Sheep Squadron or Allied Leisure's Getaway

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes but looks to be a few warm days coming up. Let’s hope snow melts

Can you give a little hint of what it could be?

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Can you give a little hint of what it could be?

He CAN, but hasn't.

I am curious as well, but at this point losing interest. LOL

Chris

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

He CAN, but hasn't.
I am curious as well, but at this point losing interest. LOL
Chris

That’s cool,We can wait a little bit longer haha!!.. Got me wondering so now I have to know what it could be

#278 4 years ago

you guys are zero fun...

sorry I did not maintain your interest.

Intent of the thread was to share the excitement of landing a game you have been chasing for a while. We have all had it and it is a good feeling, but we dare not share until the game is safe.

I will post updates once the game is in hand. Feel free to drain and ignore if the thread bothers you.

I wont post in it again till it includes proper reveal. So if nobody else posts, then the thread will only alert you when there is the finish for your build up.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you guys are zero fun...
Intent of the thread was to share the excitement of landing a game you have been chasing for a while. We have all had it and it is a good feeling, but we dare not share until the game is safe.
I will post updates once the game is in hand. Feel free to drain and ignore if the thread bothers you.
I wont post in it again till it includes proper reveal. So if nobody else posts, then the thread will only alert you when there is the finish for your build up.

Whysnow we are just joking buddy,Yes we understand why you can’t say what it is and yes it is fun wondering what it could be

#280 4 years ago

Still following Hilton though I can't remember what I guessed earlier. Today's guess is Krull

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you guys are zero fun...

You do whatever you'd like, I was only stating my opinion (and mostly joking), and you know how that goes. LOL

I AM curious to see what you get, and honestly wasn't trying to deflate your post. I have a Dr. Dude coming at some point, but that's not exciting or rare.

Chris

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You do whatever you'd like, I was only stating my opinion (and mostly joking), and you know how that goes. LOL
I AM curious to see what you get, and honestly wasn't trying to deflate your post. I have a Dr. Dude coming at some point, but that's not exciting or rare.
Chris

I get all kinds of excited for the same ol' same ol' games that everyone else has played I'm a simple man.

#283 4 years ago

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? I'm going to go play some pinball...

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you guys are zero fun...

Sorry, man, but it's kind of like foreplay without the parade.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You know, I can get pretty creative, but incorporating a marching band never occurred to me.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Is parade another word for sex? I think, if I know y’all Minnesotans, you mean train

#287 4 years ago

This should be moved to that other thread about "nothing".

#288 4 years ago

Next we will be sharing stories about parading on a pinball

#289 4 years ago

I just got one of my "whales." Not rare, but it has just been very hard to come by for me.
20200203_203953 (resized).jpg20200203_203953 (resized).jpg20200203_204000 (resized).jpg20200203_204000 (resized).jpg

#290 4 years ago

the weekend is almost over . any word on the whale landing ? or is this another tall tale fishing story about the one that got away !

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just got one of my "whales." Not rare, but it has just been very hard to come by for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, an underwater shadow! Very rare and whale-ish

#292 4 years ago

maybe the picasso version

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Wow, an underwater shadow! Very rare and whale-ish

Quoted from luch:

maybe the picasso version

Just for you guys:

20200209_160727 (resized).jpg20200209_160727 (resized).jpg20200209_160739 (resized).jpg20200209_160739 (resized).jpg
#294 4 years ago

much better

#295 4 years ago

24 days...no whale yet?

#296 4 years ago

To tide everyone until the big reveal, here are two whales I landed this week. Both of these I've been searching for a bit, with not a lot of hope I would ever land one. 11 hour total drive time.

Big thanks to pfcjimmy and brenna98 for the assists.
IMG_0728 (resized).jpgIMG_0728 (resized).jpg

#297 4 years ago

Wow congrats Methos!!!

#298 4 years ago

Methos CYCLOPES!!

#299 4 years ago

Congrats Mark! two great games.

Sadly, sounds like the whale has gone back in hiding.

mods, feel free to lock this one down

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:Sadly, sounds like the whale has gone back in hiding.
mods, feel free to lock this one down
28EBEC70-359A-49A6-A4B4-6B7CD5DEA3D4.gif28EBEC70-359A-49A6-A4B4-6B7CD5DEA3D4.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 10.00
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-feeling-when-you-land-a-whale-but-can-t-share-the-details-yet/page/6?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.