FATHOM (resized).jpg
IMG_1582 (resized).JPG
IMG_5514 (resized).JPG
IMG_5513 (resized).JPG
IMG_5512 (resized).JPG
IMG_3950 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

The Procrastinators Club.

Man, I feel like I'm never gonna complete my Fireball EM restoration. It's been sitting half-done, torn apart, ready to be reassembled for like 5 months. Here are some "before" pics. Whatcha got in the hopper?

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg
IMG_1502 (resized).JPGIMG_1502 (resized).JPG
IMG_1504 (resized).JPGIMG_1504 (resized).JPG
IMG_1517 (resized).JPGIMG_1517 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

The Procrastinators Club? In.
Meestah Sinbah has been converted into a junk drawer.
20170829_174506 (resized).jpg20170829_174506 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Oh man! This thread's title has me cracking up. Good one!

#4 6 years ago

I've had my Seawitch for over 2 years. Purchased with every intention of making it my first playfield swap. Bought new backglass & stocked up on all new parts for the job. But as time goes by waiting for my new playfield to arrive (almost 2 years), the less motivation I have to actually do the job. Now I'm maxed out on gameroom space. Once the playfield arrives, I'll probably end up moving on & selling everything to someone else.

On the other hand, I sure do LOVE me some Seawitch! Will be very hard to sell it.

#5 6 years ago

You guys aren't even close.

I've got a Wizard that I tore apart over 15 years ago. Had a new custom cabinet built (long before anyone was making cabinets) and it's still sitting in pieces in numerous locations. Main cabinet is in storage at work, backbox is assembled in the game room, old wired playfield in the garage awaiting a swap with the NOS playfield and plastics. At least the new head and cabinet were painted and stenciled!

And don't get me started on the current status of my Fathom or TZ.....

#6 6 years ago

I'm a card-carrying member of the procrastinators club as well! I purchased this Joust almost a year ago and stripped it down in preparation for a new cabinet. The cab was BAD but the playfield and mechanics were beautiful. Just built the new cab 3 weeks ago and it's finally almost complete. This project took me WAY to long to scrounge up some motivation but it was worth it in the end!!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7 6 years ago

Ok, I'm in. I have been restoring my Indiana Jones for about 2 years. The Brass was done by Mike Chestnut, the chrome was done by Chris Royalty. This pin has sat and watched 4 pins go by it in the Que. I have it in my line-up but still have not finished the planes,

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Man that Joust looks SWEET! Nice job.

#9 6 years ago

these 2 are still in the restore pile, hope to get to the in 2018

56020577797f60506075d9638741e71f46edf857 (resized).jpg56020577797f60506075d9638741e71f46edf857 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man that Joust looks SWEET! Nice job.

Thanks Gryszzz! It was a TON of work but I'm so happy with the results!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Make the job twice as easy, sell me one!

#12 6 years ago

Say Sesh...been kinda half lookin for a FB for a couple years. Hmm...
So whatchu whatchu whatchu want?
images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

I've got tons of games in the club. The good thing is there playable and in the line up but as far as having time to shop them all out...we'll that's another story. I did manage to get my Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones and Secret Service shopped out this year so I'm doing pretty good...LOL.

John

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

But as time goes by waiting for my new playfield to arrive (almost 2 years), the less motivation I have to actually do the job.

I hear ya. I got tired of waiting so I sent in my Seawitch pf to HSA!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Say Sesh...been kinda half lookin for a FB for a couple years. Hmm...
So whatchu whatchu whatchu want?

Let's talk. I've been wanting to meet ya for awhile now!

#16 6 years ago

Fantastic job on that Joust erico 201. Looks incredible!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from erico201:

Thanks Gryszzz! It was a TON of work but I'm so happy with the results!

want to build a second cab

joking, not joking...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Fantastic job on that Joust erico 201. Looks incredible!

Thanks Superbee! It turned out perfect so I'm a happy boy!

Quoted from Whysnow:

want to build a second cab
joking, not joking...

Whysnow, I'm a Carpentry teacher up in Canada and I get summers off. If you are serious, willing to wait almost a full year AND don't mind having something shipped from Canada I would consider doing another one next summer. I saved all of the inlay templates I created and the old cab so it can be done for sure! Keep in touch!

#19 6 years ago

I'm definitely in the club...I'm trying to work on Hi-Deal, but I only get maybe 4 hours a month at best to do stuff on it. Will be a long restoration process for sure!

#20 6 years ago

My Surf Champ...

Had cabinet completely restored... PF worked on, cleaned up and cleared. Only prob is clear filled the star inserts and I still haven't managed to get the damn things working correctly. So much mucking around. Lost motivation after so much swearing. May end up waiting for a repro from Wade...

IMG_3950 (resized).jpgIMG_3950 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from erico201:

Thanks Superbee! It turned out perfect so I'm a happy boy!

Whysnow, I'm a Carpentry teacher up in Canada and I get summers off. If you are serious, willing to wait almost a full year AND don't mind having something shipped from Canada I would consider doing another one next summer. I saved all of the inlay templates I created and the old cab so it can be done for sure! Keep in touch!

pm sent!

#22 6 years ago

I'll chime in too (get it?). I bought this Flip Flop! almost 3 years ago and started a restoration that included re-stenciling the cabinet. The game has been stuck since about early 2015 in this state. Parts that had been tumbled and polished have started to tarnish and our cats have been swiping parts left and right...flipper bushings make nice spinning tops. Luckily, I found another Flip Flop! cheap this summer so I can use it as a doner to get this one finished.

IMG_5512 (resized).JPGIMG_5512 (resized).JPG

IMG_5513 (resized).JPGIMG_5513 (resized).JPG

IMG_5514 (resized).JPGIMG_5514 (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago

Solar City still sits... (GOT in the background is long gone).

IMG_1582 (resized).JPGIMG_1582 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

Waiting patiently.

FATHOM (resized).jpgFATHOM (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm definitely in the club...I'm trying to work on Hi-Deal,

My favorite pin from my childhood! Just bought one a few years ago. Get that monkey working!

#27 6 years ago

One? Ha! Good one!

#28 6 years ago

Guilty as charged! I just started the process of restoring a William's Comet. Been having problems finding replacement parts for it. I can't believe the number of parts that aren't available as a reproduction. When you can find a part that you need it costs an arm and a leg and it's usually trashed, broken and beat to smithereens. My problem is that I actually bought two machines thinking that I could build one good machine out of the two..... Wrong answer. Now I have two machines to restore. I'm going all out on one machine that I will keep in my collection. The other machine I am going to restore to a high quality players pin. Started removing the metal trim so I can send it out to get powder coated. Next, I'll sand down the cabinet and make necessary repairs to it. Going to take a long time and a lot money to finish it, but it's my Holy Grail and it will look nice when it's done.

#29 6 years ago

Williams Phoenix for me. Started working on it 4 years ago. Repaired the electronics and got the game flipping. Stripped playfield, gave it the magic eraser treatment (pics show right half done for before/after comparison) and started touch-ups. Need to finish touch-ups and clear. Need to repaint cabinet. Have NOS backglass.

Had playfield parts in a bin and someone carelessly left it outside and stacked other bins on it. It got rained on. Many rusted parts to clean up now. A couple of plastics got cracked and I had to replace them.

Have done a couple other games since then and am far more interested in other projects I have on the horizon so there it sits. Someday I will come back and finish it........someday.

IMG_0715 (resized).jpgIMG_0715 (resized).jpg
IMG_1044 (resized).jpgIMG_1044 (resized).jpg
IMG_1043 (resized).jpgIMG_1043 (resized).jpg
IMG_2943 (resized).JPGIMG_2943 (resized).JPG
IMG_2944 (resized).JPGIMG_2944 (resized).JPG
Phoenix done_1 (resized).JPGPhoenix done_1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2947 (resized).JPGIMG_2947 (resized).JPG
Phoenix done_2 (resized).JPGPhoenix done_2 (resized).JPG

#30 6 years ago

my whirlwind has been a project since November 2014

#31 6 years ago

I can't stop working on my pins. Borderline OCD. Just finished my Congo restoration (check my post history)!
Who wants to sell me the project they don't want to finish?

#32 6 years ago

Reformed member of the procrastinator club. Once my sound/speech boards get here I am officially out.

IMG_3296 (resized).JPGIMG_3296 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago

I dumped my HS after having it taking up room for a year or 2. Goddamn mylar glue I could never get off and just dumped it for cheap.

Have a Playfield swap to do on my Kings & Queens IF I ever get up the energy

#34 6 years ago

No need to rush into these things.

SppedWay (resized).jpgSppedWay (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

My Banzai Run, it's heavily routed, but plays perfect.

A wise teacher once told me, the enemy of good is better.

#36 6 years ago

Gotta say, anyone willing to start a procrastinators club is really missing the point! I'm in there though, I have an IJ thats been torn apart, all the assemblies rebuilt, ready to go back together, been sitting that way for 5 yrs now! Right behind that is an MM, all the parts bought and sitting in a box ready to go, and a Cftbl waiting too. Guess once the distractions start they keep on coming.
Sure the thread is 'That 1 Game' but I guess I'm an over-achiever!

#37 6 years ago

I have two that have been apart for over 4 years now.... and two more not yet apart but in line behind them. One of these days inspiration will strike....

I think I will jump back on the high hand... thats just a great game and I really want to play it.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Dave, I hope to take that second one off your hands in 2018.

#39 6 years ago

Safecracker. Before I got it, it had been on location in a smoky eastern Europe bar, and it reeked. That was 4 years ago, and I still haven't stripped it down to clean it properly, and the smell is still there. The pop bumper skirts are also extremely worn and really should be replaced, but every time I lift the playfield and see the tight heap of mechs under there, I just cannot be bothered. "Unfortunately" the game works pretty well in general, so it's hard to muster up the courage.

#40 6 years ago

Monster Bash - I have been waiting on a PF since November of 2016... really would like to get going some day soon..

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I'll chime in too (get it?). I bought this Flip Flop! almost 3 years ago and started a restoration that included re-stenciling the cabinet. Luckily, I found another Flip Flop! cheap this summer so I can use it as a doner to get this one finished.

You painted the legs!

Quoted from dothedoo:

Williams Phoenix for me.

I like EM's but Phoenix is one of the few SS games that I did play when it came out. Always liked that game.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

the smell is still there

Baking soda in the cabinet

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

You painted the legs!

Not paint, chrome.

#44 6 years ago

I took all the parts off my High Speed playfield in 2013... yeah the PF parts are all still sitting on the piece of cardboard I used that day. The crazy thing is that I have restored these games SINCE then:

Getaway
Joker Poker
Mr.Ms. Pac-man
Defender
Eight Ball Deluxe
A different High Speed @#(#%@!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Not paint, chrome.

I stand corrected. Nice restoration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/that-1-game-you-still-havent-restored?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.