El Dorado playfields side by side (resized).jpg
El Dorado playfield with b races (resized).jpg
PF braced (resized).jpg
El Dorado playfield and backglass (resized).jpeg
El Dorado playfield old and new (resized).jpg
El Dorado playfield (resized).jpeg
ElmDorado closeup 1 (resized).jpeg
El Dorado closeup 2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

Its worth all of the work when its done and looks like that! Looks fantastic, I bet it plays great. Looks better than new!!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

I've never replaced a playfield with a repo. I've always wondered how bad a playfield would have to be worn to entice somebody to put the time and expense into swapping one.
Clearly the original playfield has yellowed but I see little to no wear on it. I'm surprised at how little wear it has. Side by side the new one looks much brighter, but if I saw the original by itself, I'd be happy with it.
Don't get me wrong. It looks great and it sounds like you enjoyed doing it. That's what the hobby is all about.

If you have a nice house and you want to have a pin, you cant have something that has been in a bar for 40 years. Even in its in relatively amazing shape, It can either look out of place, or it can be a center piece.

If it is going in an unfinished basement, whats the use making it look awesome.
Thats how I look at it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I can see both points of view.
But as stated, that existing playfield is actually in very nice condition. I wish my Gold Strike playfield looked 1/2 that good.

Super nice .Very good restoration candidate.
I want to restore a nice eldorado like this, but I have not found a yellow that covers well enough, in a big area like that title has. Very frustrating.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Super nice .Very good restoration candidate.
I want to restore a nice eldorado like this, but I have not found a yellow that covers well enough, in a big area like that title has. Very frustrating.

Right now I have an eldorado city of gold. It took about 10 years to find it. I had an eldorado and sold it for either the main house roof or the barn roof (twice I have had to sell most of my collection for roofs) but I want to get another. I want to restore it to be on par with the super nice city of gold, to show the difference between the 2.

At one time I had a 1957 royal flush, and the royal flush delux sys 80 version made in 83. Neither of them were restored. I have so many opportunities to introduce people to pinball, plus many of my customers have never played a wood rail before.

#20 1 year ago

I also use a lot of zip locs. I will put the left slingshot assembly in one zip, and if you want to do smaller (sub bags) in the zip loc to separate things that are not obvious. I am not wasteful, and not eager to fill the land fill so I reuse the zip locs until they are trash.

Its a little more work, but putting a plug on all of the coil assemblies makes life so much better in your coming years when you are working on the game, upside down. You can just unplug it and unscrew a couple screws, and now you are working on your bench rather than twisting your back. (I have lumbar 3-5 all fused together). Its a good investment.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Kruzman - Could you elaborate on how you do this?

Where ever you buy your electronics parts. like mouser. You can get in line plugs for how ever many wires you need, or you can put a male female splice in each wire. I like the plugs. I got the idea from ramps. its so nice to be able to unplug them and pull them off, rather than cut wires and re solider. If I have time to look some up I will post where they are available. search in line plug.

I hate working on games upside down or twisting my back. I take the assembly off, and it makes you feel good.

1 week later
#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Is this necessary for a Wade playfield? Should all of the topside screw holes be drilled?

Everyone has an opinion, but I feel very strongly about pre drilling every single thing. Dave macy does swaps every 2 weeks, I would be interested if he predrills everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-to-wade-and-ron-on-my-el-dorado-playfield-swap?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.