Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_008.JPG
    IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_006.JPG
    IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_028.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_036.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_025.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_022.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_021.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_017.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_016.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_011.JPG
    VA_Trip_,,,,_010.JPG
    20130327_185050.jpg
    20130327_183902.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just a quick post to thank Buddy for a great trip to his place yesterday. I'm in Asheville, NC...not much Pin Activity here....I was looking to add a SM to my collection that I saw for sale from another Pinsider, but wanted to play one first. He graciously invited me to check one out @ his Cinema (for free, he's about 2.5 hours from me). Played SM..(which I'm now buying from Greg), got a great tour of his showroom( which easily had over 40 pins going).. played some other machines (man, I love IM too!!). I thought it was really cool that he already knew I was looking at someone else's Pin, and didn't try to talk me out of it and buy one of his. From what I experienced, a truly "good guy" and will definitely be doing business w/ him in the future. I wanted to post a positive story about a fellow Pinsider, as alot of what I read turns negative (I might be hitting the wrong threads)......anyway....thanks Buddy for being helpful, and Greg for my soon to ship SM....can't wait!!.......mark

#2 11 years ago

Good to hear. Buddy's a good guy. My wife and I are natives of Asheville (West-Side)and now live 40 minutes east. Give me a shout if your down this way. I've been to Buddy's place and he does have an amazing collection. Great to hear your story.

#3 11 years ago

I bought a NIB Tron from Buddy. He was great. Vacationing in Gatlinburg this weekend and actually played his TF at the Space Needle arcade. Something about putting tokens in that machine just made me feel good (not to mention I had fun) because I knew I was benefitting a good guy and fellow pinsider.

Darin

#4 11 years ago

I'll do it...I'm in Charlotte once a week, and probably pass right by....My Wife is from Morganton...but apparently, I'm a "half-back", born and raised in NY, relocated to Tampa, and only moved "half the way" back home, landing in Asheville.....not sure if they are making fun of me or not...ha

#5 11 years ago

Yea theyre making fun of you. My brother met his wife in Florida and moved to Buffalo. He's not as smart as you. At least you didn't go all the way back.

#6 11 years ago

Never met Buddy in person, but he's definitely good people. Congrats on a great pickup! I'm an hour or so from Asheville myself. Glad to have another Western NC pinhead around!

#7 11 years ago

That's my take on it....Asheville is a great little Town/City....

#8 11 years ago

I highly recommend making the trip.....he also has a DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATER!!!! Man, I'm taking the Wife and kids this spring, when it is in Season.....talk about fun memories.....my kids look at me like I'm Crazy when I tell stories about Drive-Ins when I was a kid.......can't wait for them to experience some true fun....

#9 11 years ago

Buddy is great! Oddly I bought SM from him!

#10 11 years ago

I traded him a SM for ACDC.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

I missed that one I sold Stack15 it was also in the Space Needle its entire time until I brought it to the drive in. It was nice that Stack15 also took time to come eat with us while we were on vacation last Summer in GA.
    I wish I was closer to that auction John as we would have fun checking those machines out.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Thanks Chad its a nice Spiderman but it must be sold to pay our US govt taxes after all its my fair share for making a profit and working.

#13 11 years ago

Buddy is a great guy. We've done a few trades and he's always been a pleasure.

Interesting fact - in the 90s my grandparents owned a barber shop in a mall in Tennessee, there was also an arcade in that mall I would frequently visit. I found out last year that was Buddy's arcade. Small world sometimes.

#14 11 years ago

I bought a NIB AC/DC Pro from Buddy at the Louisville Arcade Expo. What a great guy. The WOZ and AC/DC Pro that he brought to the show had to be the most played pins at the show.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

Buddy is a great guy. We've done a few trades and he's always been a pleasure.
    Interesting fact - in the 90s my grandparents owned a barber shop in a mall in Tennessee, there was also an arcade in that mall I would frequently visit. I found out last year that was Buddy's arcade. Small world sometimes.

I always liked that name "The House of Hair" if that was your grandparents. Nice people we would sell them tokens at discount to give to some of his customers as treats, helped us both as that old mall was dying a slow death.

#16 11 years ago

Ive known (buddy) Doughslingers for a long time! maybe 12+ years, good guy! Miss those Knoxville auctions!

#17 11 years ago

I sure do wish there was a better pin presence in Knoxville!

Darin

#18 11 years ago

Love hearing stories of Pinheads looking out for each other. You bought yourself a sweet looking SM congrats such an epic pin!!

#19 11 years ago

Couldn't agree more.... thanks, and can't wait to get it here..props to you as well when I posted awhile back about the"3rd"pin choice... you were dead on w/ SM...has the flow I wanted but a deep ruleset, as well ( only put about 15 games on Buddy's) so I've only scratched the surface...

#20 11 years ago

Mark

It was great to meet such a nice person and fellow business owner. I had to take a couple of pics. I wish you had a need for those old, as in 3 year old DTS systems or older Dolby systems. I will always try to help people enjoy our hobby. Yes I even cost myself some sales as I do try to give a honest opinion but one of the best ways is to invite people over to play the pins and let you make a better decision that just reading about them, I have been blessed to have such a diverse collection and do not mind to share. I cost myself some Xmen sales as I did not like the old code with the odd scoring and was honest, even lost a LE sale to Ohio recently with my opinion of the pin. Now with new code the pin is fun and now not for sale, go figure. Karma had to play a role in the last Xmen deal with Black Rose driving all night to get Xmen then drive here to trade for Ironman as that deal could not have been better after a rocky start in trying to do the deal. I like to try to live by the golden rule and karma when possible and really do not mind to showif I am in town. We all have to start somewhere and I have been fortunate to be doing this full time since 1988 and part time my entire life. I look forward to meeting many more Pinsiders as that is the fun of life! If I can make a sale and save you money thats another bonus too.. Happy Easter!

20130327_183902.jpg20130327_183902.jpg 20130327_185050.jpg20130327_185050.jpg

#21 11 years ago

doughslinger lives 20 miles North on the Same Rd as my In-laws ,, I drove up last weekend for my wife's Grandmothers funeral .. I drop'd my Buddy's to buy 3 FF speakers kits for Sterns and Just hang out a Bit .. Went to his 10 room Indoor Cinema , ate @ Mr Gettis etc .. The Man has some Rel-estate ..

I did come Home Pinless , He did offer me BDK -- Nahh .. a Few Pict's from Last weekend ..

4 weeks ago , I made a mid-night Run to his Pad and brought home a HUO IM ..

VA_Trip_,,,,_010.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_010.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_011.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_011.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_016.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_016.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_017.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_017.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_021.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_021.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_022.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_022.JPG

#22 11 years ago

I played his HEP HS2 ,his wife's HUO AFM , saw his NIB Tron Pro he wants to sell , etc,,,,,,,,,

VA_Trip_,,,,_025.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_025.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_036.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_036.JPG VA_Trip_,,,,_028.JPGVA_Trip_,,,,_028.JPG IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPGIronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPG IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_006.JPGIronMan_is_in_the_GRG_006.JPG IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_008.JPGIronMan_is_in_the_GRG_008.JPG

#23 11 years ago

BTW...he made me smile in that picture because he just beat me @ IM.....ha

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-to-doughslingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.