(Topic ID: 27653)

Great seller David from so cal pins love my Ripley's(update now For sale)

By bellbrand

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by bellbrand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Great guy and great seller..

#2 11 years ago

Congrats on the RBION!!!!

Did you buy it from these guys?

http://www.socalpinballs.com/

#3 11 years ago

David is a great guy to deal with .

Jim

#4 11 years ago

Yep David...I have known him for years almost as long as I have been collecting..He has always treated me well and he delivered it to me which is awesome, I am out with a back injury so I greatly appreciated not having to find someone to pick it up..

#5 11 years ago

I got my JP and mom's TAF from him. He helped with all issues and was a pleasure to deal with. Happy with both games.

#6 11 years ago

It's sad really. I was kind of a jerk to him years ago when I first got into the hobby. I totally wish the whole situation never transpired. He probably doesn't remember, but sorry. I had a deal completely done with him, and he had the pin loaded and was heading to my place, and I bought a WH2O from someone else instead. Total douche move on my part. I called him later that year about another pin, and he said he wouldn't deal with me. I understand why.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

It's sad really. I was kind of a jerk to him years ago when I first got into the hobby. I totally wish the whole situation never transpired. He probably doesn't remember, but sorry. I had a deal completely done with him, and he had the pin loaded and was heading to my place, and I bought a WH2O from someone else instead. Total douche move on my part. I called him later that year about another pin, and he said he wouldn't deal with me. I understand why.

Really that doesn't sound like him..he is a pretty nice guy but of course I don't know the whole story of what transpired..

#8 11 years ago

Take good care of it for me. Because when you want to "dump it", I might be able to help you out if you'll give me the pinsider best buddy discount. Get rid of the Christmas tree LEDs first though.

#9 11 years ago

That's basically it, I don't want to make him sound bad at all. He was nice to me, angry but very nice. I'm sure I could do dealings with him now. I was pretty young, and I know it's just business. I just haven't is all.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Take good care of it for me. Because when you want to "dump it", I might be able to help you out if you'll give me the pinsider best buddy discount. Get rid of the Christmas tree LEDs first though.

who are you??

#11 11 years ago

I have dealt with him over a dozen times- That was my RBION and it was HUO from where I got it. Cleanest rbion I've seen

#12 11 years ago

I've done many deals with David too and have always been very satisfied. He stands behind the pins he sells and helped me out numerous times when I was still wet under the ears and had no clue what I was doing.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have dealt with him over a dozen times- That was my RBION and it was HUO from where I got it. Cleanest rbion I've seen

Aw yes it is your initials on the high scores I now have to beat...it is a beauty that is for sure cab and playfield are beautiful..looks brand new..I will let ya know when your score is beaten lol

#14 11 years ago

i don't think they were too big- I know I got to Atlantis, which took some doing

#15 11 years ago

I got my ver first pin from David years ago...still have it my STTNG!

Hes a good good guy and he will help you out if he can. I usually give him a list of what I am looking for if I am in the market for something first and then do a shout out on the forums.

I have had nothing but good experiences with him

#16 11 years ago

Congrats on the RBION! It's a great game that requires a lot of strategy to maximize your score.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats on the RBION! It's a great game that requires a lot of strategy to maximize your score.

Any tips on strategy?

#18 11 years ago

The grid is one of the keys to big scoring. You really have to plan out when to shoot the left ramp in order to light either light something from the A column or something from the B/C column. Ideally you want to stack the rewards you get from the grid with multiballs. For example, both Road Trip and 2X Playfield are very lucrative right before starting multiball.

#19 11 years ago

It's really not an easy pin as far as the modes go. To get to Atlantis requires you to make all your shots in the modes. Some are easy, most are hard. More than likely, you're going to go around the horn to get them all done, but that's what I found fun about the pin. Atlantis is a nice reward.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

i don't think they were too big- I know I got to Atlantis, which took some doing

did you get his BSD??

#21 11 years ago

no, that came from...trying to remember...Paul Drabik in NJ. Nice guy, very happy with Drac

1 month later
#22 11 years ago

#23 11 years ago

You are the fourth person I can think of who recently sold their Ripleys after owning it for a very short time. Didn't like it, or just chasing something else?

#24 11 years ago

No I like it a lot...we have decided to do some home improvement that's all..

#25 11 years ago

Good luck with the sale. Awesome game!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You are the fourth person I can think of who recently sold their Ripleys after owning it for a very short time. Didn't like it, or just chasing something else?

Lisa rarely keeps ANY game for more than a week...this is actually pretty good for her hehehe.

#27 11 years ago

Seems like everyone's selling RBION here in SoCal. I've seen about 4 FS/FT ads for RBION on all the SoCal CL's.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lisa rarely keeps ANY game for more than a week...this is actually pretty good for her hehehe.

I was waiting for you Greg to join in...I don't have to sell and am still playing the heck out of it..I want to have my house painted but no hurry..

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Seems like everyone's selling RBION here in SoCal. I've seen about 4 FS/FT ads for RBION on all the SoCal CL's.

I think just me and another guy..his isn't huo..

#30 11 years ago

I will fly out and paint your house...

Or better yet, paint it yourself and keep the pin..

you could shave a chimp and teach him how to paint a house...

I know you guys can do it. !

SAVE THE RIPLEYS !

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I will fly out and paint your house...
Or better yet, paint it yourself and keep the pin..
you could shave a chimp and teach him how to paint a house...
I know you guys can do it. !
SAVE THE RIPLEYS !

That's funny...there is petty much no way I can paint the outside and inside by myself..I wish I could..I just got a wild hair and thought it should be done..it will probably pass and I will keep the Rips..besides the 1812 would be lonely..

#32 11 years ago

Agreed, a lonely pin is way worse that a house in need of a bit of paint

#33 11 years ago

Paint what? Your house looks like brand new!

#34 11 years ago

I emailed this company last night but did not get a response. It appears the game is now gone and was only up a short time. So does anyone in CA have a great condition TFTC with LED's?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Paint what? Your house looks like brand new!

Okay stalker when have you been to my house??

#36 11 years ago

Uhh, lemme think... Oh yeah, when I bought WW, FG, and probably others I'm forgetting.

James

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Uhh, lemme think... Oh yeah, when I bought WW, FG, and probably others I'm forgetting.
James

OH Hey James...I didn't recognize your location did you move..?? Sorry I called you a stalker..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-to-david-from-so-cal-pinsi-love-the-rbion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.