43995FE5-D7E3-4379-8DFD-AB6DD4DE24C1 (resized).jpeg
112BE9ED-6318-47C5-8DE9-5FB31EFBBD7E (resized).jpeg
065DFCF1-1DB4-4AF6-9D6F-862E4AFF3CDC (resized).jpeg
0C9DA8A7-C52D-4577-8A01-526D90CC18EB (resized).jpeg
64E1AEC9-F721-4974-8B80-FB694EBD2A7F (resized).jpeg
CDBFF8B8-DE57-4442-BBC2-DB5D3918739C (resized).jpeg
7FB62175-AE27-45EE-A0EA-191692C86399 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

The lights and app interface are outstanding. The pinstadium lights made my Medieval Madness even better. I can’t say enough great things about the product but Scott took time out of his weekend to come over and install them. Great product with an owner that stands behind it. Placing an order for more. Check out the before and after pics I posted.

77192A09-B2FB-4EF1-9259-CF4318B33DA5 (resized).jpeg77192A09-B2FB-4EF1-9259-CF4318B33DA5 (resized).jpeg

7FB62175-AE27-45EE-A0EA-191692C86399 (resized).jpeg7FB62175-AE27-45EE-A0EA-191692C86399 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Wow, the before picture looked great. I could actually see the game's artwork. Well lit and playable.

After picture is color bombed and looks like it would be hard to actually play a game on.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind an actual opinion.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, the before picture looked great. I could actually see the game's artwork. Well lit and playable.
After picture is color bombed and looks like it would be hard to actually play a game on.
Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind an actual opinion.

Pictures. Aren't. In. Correct. Order. Surely, you can understand this simple fact.

#4 6 years ago

My bad on the pics not being in the correct order but it’s obvious the difference these make. I have already set a new high score on the game and have only had pinstadium lights in for a couple of hours. Easily the best mod.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Pictures. Aren't. In. Correct. Order. Surely, you can understand this simple fact.

Sorry, but thank you for removing my nightmare

I seriously did not know and have seen too much color damage these days to know what is really considered good.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My bad on the pics not being in the correct order but it’s obvious the difference these make. I have already set a new high score on the game and have only had pinstadium lights in for a couple of hours. Easily the best mod.

Yes, your game looks awesome when lit properly. Congrats on something that looks good and you can play a lot of great games on

#7 6 years ago

Ahhhhhh I finally get it. Pinstadium saves you from your own stupid decisions? Then can't say anything negative aboot it.

I Remeber unboxing MM, I Remeber playing it every day all day when I was at work, I Remeber seeing it thousands of times decades from 1997 until 4 days ago. I HAVE NEVER seen a MM that looks as shitty as the before pic.

So congrats?

#8 6 years ago

I saw a Batman 66 today with pin stadium lights. I think the product is very impressive

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I HAVE NEVER seen a MM that looks as shitty as the before pic.
So congrats?

Sad part is people pay to make their games look like this.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes, your game looks awesome when lit properly. Congrats on something that looks good and you can play a lot of great games on

Still bitter about Arthur Anderson?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhhhhh I finally get it. Pinstadium saves you from your own stupid decisions? Then can't say anything negative aboot it.
I Remeber unboxing MM, I Remeber playing it every day all day when I was at work, I Remeber seeing it thousands of times decades from 1997 until 4 days ago. I HAVE NEVER seen a MM that looks as shitty as the before pic.
So congrats?

If you’re trying to “get it” order a pair and install them. They are around 250 bucks and a great investment in your game. It ok not to be a cheap ass all the time.

#12 6 years ago

I'm looking forward to getting one for my TFTC.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Still bitter about Arthur Anderson?

I have no clue what this means and I am not going to waste my energy looking it up.

My post was a sincere apology for not realizing the pictures were out of order. I thought this was another color crap on a game.

So the "Arthur Anderson" comment went over my head.

#14 6 years ago

I had no idea of the cost of pin stadium. This thread was useful.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

The lights and app interface are outstanding. The pinstadium lights made my Medieval Madness even better. I can’t say enough great things about the product but Scott took time out of his weekend to come over and install them. Great product with an owner that stands behind it. Placing an order for more. Check out the before and after pics I posted.

You are very welcome and I’m glad that you loved them. It was quite the difference to see the change in person.

I remember having MM after it came out and as it sat in my collection it was always dark but I didn’t realize it either since sitting next to it were games in the same era with the same technology.

It really needed it and especially with all of those bright inserts from the LED bulbs as it was not enough playfield lighting to fill the gap between them. This is why it was extremely dark (contrast of the bright inserts to low light on the playfield) and why it was tough to play or even to get a good before picture of it. Simply put factory GI has improved greatly but it all sits 1/4 above the playfield so it’s tough to get any coverage. Spotlights are some help but where they don’t shine you run into the same contrast issue. These were the struggles I had too.

Thank you also for your additional order for your other pinballs too. That was much appreciated. Even better was the smile it put on your face when you turned them on to see the new version of a classic game.

Your MM was extremely nice and in fact may have been the nicest I have ever seen!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They are around 250 bucks

Quoted from estrader:

and a great investment

#17 6 years ago

So it looks like your before picture has the washed out look from the led bulbs and your after picture has the game off only using the pinstatium lights for lighting. Could we get an after pic with the lights on to see how it all looks together?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So it looks like your before picture has the washed out look from the led bulbs and your after picture has the game off only using the pinstatium lights for lighting. Could we get an after pic with the lights on to see how it all looks together?

If you look closely the GI is on just not the inserts.

#19 6 years ago

Ok - So I'm with the Law on this one . Never seen a MM that looks like the before pic's . Looks like it was shot with over head lights to make it look extra bad !

#20 6 years ago

I put them in my BMSLE.

Hated it at first.

Installed app on my phone and after adjustments they are pretty awesome!!!

#21 6 years ago

The before and after image on this thread as well as all of the before and after images on the Pin Stadium thread are startling in the difference that Pin Stadium lights make. However, the truth is that it is more impressive in person and playing a machine you might have played hundreds of times before feels different and better. Having now installed Pin Stadium lights on two of my machines, even the videos that have been posted do not adequately reflect the difference in look and play.

But the reason I am posting has to do with why I think this thread was started - customer service. I have never worked with anyone like Scott, and I have worked with many salespeople and contractors. I don't know where Scott finds the time in the day to respond as quickly and as often as he did in helping me with human error and machine issues that occurred when I installed my first set that had nothing to do with the lights. (Once you know what you are doing, it takes less than 10 minutes to install the lights.) His goal must be 100% satisfaction - and that is what you will get with both the product and the service. Some day I hope to meet him in person to thank him. Meanwhile, I am waiting for my third set of lights.

#22 6 years ago

I was coming to say the same thing. I saw the lights in action at VFW last year and had the pleasure of talking extensively with Scott. Pictures do not do justice to how great the PinStadium lights look on a pin, and Scott clearly cares about selling a quality product. I am keeping them in mind for future pins!

Quoted from Burley9043:

The before and after image on this thread as well as all of the before and after images on the Pin Stadium thread are startling in the difference that Pin Stadium lights make. However, the truth is that it is more impressive in person and playing a machine you might have played hundreds of times before feels different and better. Having now installed Pin Stadium lights on two of my machines, even the videos that have been posted do not adequately reflect the difference in look and play.
But the reason I am posting has to do with why I think this thread was started - customer service. I have never worked with anyone like Scott, and I have worked with many salespeople and contractors. I don't know where Scott finds the time in the day to respond as quickly and as often as he did in helping me with human error and machine issues that occurred when I installed my first set that had nothing to do with the lights. (Once you know what you are doing, it takes less than 10 minutes to install the lights.) His goal must be 100% satisfaction - and that is what you will get with both the product and the service. Some day I hope to meet him in person to thank him. Meanwhile, I am waiting for my third set of lights.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

If you look closely the GI is on just not the inserts.

I stand corrected and I actually noticed that the color DMD was lit up after I made my post. I would still like an apples to apples picture with the inserts lit because I want to see how it would look with Pinstadium lights and those LED’s.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They are around 250 bucks

Quoted from Burley9043:

But the reason I am posting has to do with why I think this thread was started - customer service.

When you sell a product with a huge profit margin...yes..you must provide great customer service.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Ok - So I'm with the Law on this one . Never seen a MM that looks like the before pic's . Looks like it was shot with over head lights to make it look extra bad !

You should check out the ongoing rainbow puke thread as there are tons of people or companies selling these led kits that make games look like OP's MM before pic.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

When you sell a product with a huge profit margin...yes..you must provide great customer service.

I don’t think you understand how much of his own time he puts into this product plus the development of the app. The app is outstanding with all the diifferent features on changing the way the game looks plus now you have WiFi inside the machine which expands the possibilities of what you can do in the future. Why all the hate?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t think you understand how much of his own time he puts into this product plus the development of the app

I'm not knocking his product. I've run a successful LED cicuitry business on eBay for over a decade catering to model train enthusiasts and RC car builders. I know I must cater to my customers every demand within reason.
My point is simply...if I don't provide great customer service, my customers will go elsewhere or build these items themselves for pennies on the dollar.

#28 6 years ago

I’m not a photog so with that said here are the pics of my set up with other games on too. MM is the only one with pinstadium as my other orders have not come in yet.

112BE9ED-6318-47C5-8DE9-5FB31EFBBD7E (resized).jpeg112BE9ED-6318-47C5-8DE9-5FB31EFBBD7E (resized).jpeg

43995FE5-D7E3-4379-8DFD-AB6DD4DE24C1 (resized).jpeg43995FE5-D7E3-4379-8DFD-AB6DD4DE24C1 (resized).jpeg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I stand corrected and I actually noticed that the color DMD was lit up after I made my post. I would still like an apples to apples picture with the inserts lit because I want to see how it would look with Pinstadium lights and those LED’s.

Is this what you wanted?

85DF0DEE-D47C-487B-A91C-725FE5177495 (resized).jpeg85DF0DEE-D47C-487B-A91C-725FE5177495 (resized).jpeg

#30 6 years ago

Here is a video on pinstadium

CDBFF8B8-DE57-4442-BBC2-DB5D3918739C (resized).jpegCDBFF8B8-DE57-4442-BBC2-DB5D3918739C (resized).jpeg

64E1AEC9-F721-4974-8B80-FB694EBD2A7F (resized).jpeg64E1AEC9-F721-4974-8B80-FB694EBD2A7F (resized).jpeg

0C9DA8A7-C52D-4577-8A01-526D90CC18EB (resized).jpeg0C9DA8A7-C52D-4577-8A01-526D90CC18EB (resized).jpeg

065DFCF1-1DB4-4AF6-9D6F-862E4AFF3CDC (resized).jpeg065DFCF1-1DB4-4AF6-9D6F-862E4AFF3CDC (resized).jpeg

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

No, you SHOULD but you don't necessarily HAVE to. There are plenty of horror stories on the luxury brand vehicle (look, I'm using a cargument!!!) boards of terrible customer service and those products (Jaguar, Land Rover, Audi, MB, BMW, etc.) are definitely sold at huge profit margins. People still buy them.

#32 6 years ago

Here is another video I found informative when making my decision.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

If you’re trying to “get it” order a pair and install them. They are around 250 bucks and a great investment in your game. It ok not to be a cheap ass all the time.

$250 for 2 led strips

I guess im a “cheap ass” cuz id make these myself for 1/8th of that cost. You actually thanked these guys for taking you for $250

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

$250 for 2 led strips
I guess im a “cheap ass” cuz id make these myself for 1/8th of that cost. You actually thanked these guys for taking you for $250

It's a lot more than that but I'm not going down that rabbit hole in this thread, it's been discussed multiple times in other threads.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's a lot more than that but I'm not going down that rabbit hole in this thread, it's been discussed multiple times in other threads.

Here’s a thread i just saw where a guy made em for $49 cdn which is just under $40 us. Soooooo

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Here’s a thread i just saw where a guy made em for $49 cdn which is just under $40 us. Soooooo

Did you read to the bottom of that thread about the guy who made them with a GI and flasher integration and his comments about what he'd charge if he were selling them for a profit? Ah hell, why do I even bother?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

He should fire up the app he made to have complete control over them.

#38 6 years ago

I was hesitant about changing all the 4 foot fluorescent lights in my garage to LEDs. I had 44 four foot bulbs and retrofitted all my fixtures with 4’ Led magnetic strips with included power supplies. Total cost for 44 four foot LED strips on aluminum channnels with opaque white cover and magnets plus power box for each set of 4 strips was $414.00. Now I’m down from 1,760 watts to 660 watts in the garage. Don’t really know what this has to do with this thread but glad I retrofitted the fluorescent lights to LEDs - so bright now and so quiet. Instant on with no humming. I guess after doing this I have a hard time wrapping my head around the price for 1 stadium kit.

Pic is of 3 strips but I got 4 strips per light.CB890008-06A3-4146-96D0-DE9BAD60C204 (resized).jpegCB890008-06A3-4146-96D0-DE9BAD60C204 (resized).jpeg02DB9601-2727-4104-BFEF-46BE63728C41 (resized).jpeg02DB9601-2727-4104-BFEF-46BE63728C41 (resized).jpeg

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I was hesitant about changing all the 4 foot fluorescent lights in my garage to LEDs. I had 44 four foot bulbs and retrofitted all my fixtures with 4’ Led magnetic strips with included power supplies. Total cost for 44 four foot LED strips on aluminum channnels with opaque white cover and magnets plus power box for each set of 4 strips was $436.00. Now I’m down from 1,760 watts to 600 watts in the garage. Don’t really know what this has to do with this thread but glad I retrofitted the light to LEDs - so bright now and so quite. Instant on with no humming. I guess after doing this I have a hard time wrapping my head around the price for 1 stadium kit.

There is so much hate for this product that these threads always fall off the track. At the end of the day, of course the materials for this product are much less and the guy is making a VERY good profit from them. IMO - that's what makes this country great - he's marketing a product, providing good customer service and making money. I'm not drinking the kool aid though - the dedicated thread is so over the top that it's hard to stomach BUT I just bought a pair b/c I think it can benefit one of my pins and for that, I'm happy that something like this exists. I also don't mind spending the premium to have plug and play.

#40 6 years ago

Wow that’s awesome! Some people are doing their own for $50?

Sounds good, I’ll pay $60 plus shipping for a set. Where do I send payment?

What does it cost to have the dome effect so I can’t see a strip of lights so clearly across both side rails?

Actually I just bought 2 sets. That’s what this hobby is all about, blowing $$$ and this mod looks pretty damn good

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

MM is the only one with pinstadium as my other orders have not come in yet.

You want your Metallica to be brighter than it is already?

lego2 (resized).jpglego2 (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You want your Metallica to be brighter than it is already?

With the pinstadium app you can really dial in the color to suit your preference. I think the pictures are deceiving and you really have to see these in person to appreciate the full effect. I think the metallica looks bright because of when I took the picture, I'm not a photog.

You can tell on MM how the color was dialed in to an orange to hightlight the artwork of the game and make the whole playfield brighter. It really looks amazing in person.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is so much hate for this product that these threads always fall off the track. At the end of the day, of course the materials for this product are much less and the guy is making a VERY good profit from them. IMO - that's what makes this country great - he's marketing a product, providing good customer service and making money. I'm not drinking the kool aid though - the dedicated thread is so over the top that it's hard to stomach BUT I just bought a pair b/c I think it can benefit one of my pins and for that, I'm happy that something like this exists. I also don't mind spending the premium to have plug and play.

I do very much appreciate your order and these will look excellent on that machine. Here is a detailed response as to what goes into the Pin Stadiums if you are interested to know more about the design, build process and materials. I feel it's always good to know what goes into them and will be sitting under your glass when you purchase them:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/26#post-4164155

Thank you to everyone that has supported this product and it would not be possible without you.

#44 6 years ago

Great response! You pay for quality. Bottom line. If you don’t like them or think their too expensive, then don’t buy them. Nobody is forcing you to. This is pretty ridiculous. I look forward to my first set coming soon. Pics to follow!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is so much hate for this product that these threads always fall off the track.

I don't think there is a hate for the product so much as the hate or annoyance for the near spam threshold before/after posts. Not only here but on FB pinball groups. Its almost like a channel dedicated for an infomercial. I think its a cool little niche product but damn already.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

He should fire up the app he made to have complete control over them.

The wireless control and app are availability off the shelf.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I don't think there is a hate for the product so much as the hate or annoyance for the near spam threshold before/after posts. Not only here but on FB pinball groups. Its almost like a channel dedicated for an infomercial. I think its a cool little niche product but damn already.

Folks are excited to share the dramatic change, I don't mind the posts and find them interesting.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I agree with lancestorm. I believe there is genuine excitement and love for the product and people want to share. Once I got my first set up and running, I only looked at those posts that were about games that I own so that I could get suggestions as to where to connect the flasher. I ignore the rest and yes, there are many. I can see why someone would not want to spend the money, but I don't know of anyone who would not want these on their machines if price were no issue. Seeing them on a machine is believing.

#49 6 years ago

It must be a great product because everyone that gets it seems to overly state it like an "I cant believe its not butter!" commercial.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-scott-pinstadium?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.