(Topic ID: 30721)

Thanks Pinside! my new pin FOUND me! (Genie)

By Juggernaut

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pindevil
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

374437_4065440599323_1162301650_n.jpg
#1 11 years ago

well, I while back, I complemented Sun King on his Gottlieb Genie in the thread he started on his "sexy but dirty genie" ....

Long story short, some guy contacted me out of the blue because he had a Genie he wanted to get rid of.. and he only lived about an hour and a half away! apparently, he found me because google hit pinside and sun king's thread, first!!!

the wife & I picked her up sat night for 400 bucks...
Very clean.. needs some new rollover guides, but no chipped or cracked plastics. & short of one spot, the playfield is very nice..

Powers up, attract sound chimes in..but it wont start a game.. I'm a bit intimidated because it's my first non EM...

374437_4065440599323_1162301650_n.jpg374437_4065440599323_1162301650_n.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Nice! Good to see Pinside with the google search helping. Congrats

#3 11 years ago

Congrats on Genie. This was my first game. The connectors on Gottliebs are notorious for being worn out and flaky. It's a must to re-pin all the connectors first thing. Then you can safely troubleshoot the game. When I got my Genie, it would not start a game. I found one connector broken in the tilt circuit. There's no telling what other problems I fixed just by redoing the connectors.

#4 11 years ago

nice score congrats... best thing I can tell you is don't... DO NOT, unplug any connector with power on...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

nice score congrats... [] best thing I can tell you is don't... DO NOT, unplug any connector with power on...

Im going to 2 up you here!

1) Replace ALL of your connectors. That requires about 200 .156 molex connectors, a molex crimping tool, a molex pin removal tool and about 3 hours (Or more).

2) Pascal All in one. Its about 450 dollars, but it replaces every board, gives you way more options, removes the interboard connectors, and is ROCK SOLID.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

1) Replace ALL of your connectors. That requires about 200 .156 molex connectors, a molex crimping tool, a molex pin removal tool and about 3 hours (Or more).
2) Pascal All in one. Its about 450 dollars, but it replaces every board, gives you way more options, removes the interboard connectors, and is ROCK SOLID.

+1

Those connectors are always an issue. And Pascal Janin's PI1-x4 is an awesome feat of engineering.

2 months later
#7 11 years ago

Pascal Janin's PI1-x4 card came in today...

Time to dig into this project.

#8 11 years ago

Pics! more pics! Widebody, 5 flippers, let's see it up close

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Holy moly 200 connectors! I'd hate to repin that many

Great score, it's a beauty of a game. I repinned the one I had, it's easy just time consuming.

#10 11 years ago

Love Genie. A very unique game and nice looking to boot. Way to go! BTW, not just a wide body a super wide body! This is even larger than Williams wide body.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-pinside-my-new-pin-found-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.