(Topic ID: 252052)

Thanks, Mom! You Rock.

By Brady2Gronk

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6773 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6770 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6769 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6768 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6767 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brady2gronk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just wanted to take a moment to thank my Mom and share what she just did for me. My Mom is a >75 year old cancer survivor but stays more active than most people I know. In addition to playing golf multiple days a week, and heading up her golf group and being president of her HOA, she is one helluva seamstress.

When I mentioned I wanted a pinball cover to protect the game I have that can get sunlight on it she offered to make it for me. Then she thought it would better if it was customized a little. That customization became what you see in the pics. She made a custom applique of each of the games that I have/have had in my collection.

I hope you guys think it's as cool as I do.

Thanks, Mom. You rock!

IMG_6773 (resized).jpgIMG_6773 (resized).jpgIMG_6767 (resized).jpgIMG_6767 (resized).jpgIMG_6768 (resized).jpgIMG_6768 (resized).jpgIMG_6769 (resized).jpgIMG_6769 (resized).jpgIMG_6770 (resized).jpgIMG_6770 (resized).jpg
    #5 4 years ago

. Thanks guys.

You’re right. I think she should open a shop. After all the effort I’m not sure if she’d be too up for that.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks very much. I’ll be sure to tell her. Actually, I’ll send her a few screen shots too. I’m not sure if she’ll believe me if I just told her.

Glad you think it was as cool as me.

#16 4 years ago

My daughter (15) did most of the design work but she didn’t want me to mention her. She took pictures and screen shots from on-line pics and then modified to make the layers for the applique. We then tweaked until it was something my mom could make.

Shhh, don’t tell her I told you.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:I have a need for 5. Ask her what she wants to make them.
    Those are awesome!

Do you mean 5 logos or 5 covers? I’ll ask her but no guarantees.

2 weeks later
    #22 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay; I didn't see your response. She made them. My daughter helped design the layers then my mom cut them out layer by layer then sewed them together then finally to the cover. Pretty cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brady2gronk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-mom-you-rock-?tu=brady2gronk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.