• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

i-smell-liar-meme (resized).jpg
8E11D5E2-0E45-4C5F-9EB8-F6448F4C80A4 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

During a spirited competition with my son this afternoon I noticed the multiplier on my Fire! machine wasn’t working. The multiplier was lit up, I even heard a sound as the ball went in the mini-horseshoe, but no 2X-3X-4X-5X-10X!

I got that sinking feeling that my MPU was the culprit.

So BEFORE I panicked, I researched a bunch of old threads here looking for the problem and solution. I ran some diagnostic tests, inspected the MPU visually, I was ready check the MPU with the voltmeter, but as it turned out the physical switch was the culprit. Specifically the leaf contact under the play field. So all I had to do was adjust a leaf contact, and Voila! 2X-3X-4X etc etc

The game plays normally and my boy and I had a chance to finish our competition. Little Brat beat me, but I let him win.

Thanks for all the knowledge.

8E11D5E2-0E45-4C5F-9EB8-F6448F4C80A4 (resized).jpeg8E11D5E2-0E45-4C5F-9EB8-F6448F4C80A4 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from RNajarian:

Little Brat beat me, but I let him win.

i-smell-liar-meme (resized).jpgi-smell-liar-meme (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Took me forever to dial in those horseshoe switches. Gotta have those operational. They are the entire game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thanks-for-the-help-pinsiders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.