Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

i've never seen Lexi P3 at any other show, for example.

It was at Pinball Life.

#380 8 years ago

There is a long curve when it comes to keeping kids interested in pinball when they grow up with it in the house. No disrepect, but anyone who says their 3 to 13 year old is into pinball and thinks that will never change is most likely wrong. My son is 17 (almost 18). He has never known our house to not have pinball machines. He loved it for many years. Children of parents who love and pay attention to them love to be with their parents and love the things their parents love. It just makes sense.

Once puberty hits it's a whole other ballgame though. Part of the growing up process is the separation (of sorts) from your parents. You have to go through this process in order to become an adult that can self sustain. It's natural and important. During this period teenagers somewhat need to think all the stuff their parents like is uncool. I see no need to take this personal, I actually see it as a good sign that my teenager is taking an important step to becoming a solid young adult.

Yes, we still love each other and respect each other, but hanging out every Saturday night? No. Seems unhealthy. Being with his friend group and doing 17 year old stuff is what he should be doing. Pinball is not 17 year old stuff. Oh sure, any teenager who has not been in our basement before will play a few games, but it will never be the center of their activities.

I have to agree with Clay that kids are not the future of pinball. The term *kids* applies to a certain age group, so the persons in this group are transcient and always changing. It's not until they are adults that they will decide what they like and how they will spend their money.

Longterm, I do not see much evidence that kids who grow up with pinball machines in the house are more or less onto pinball as adults. Sure, my son could come back to pinball, and I hope he does as I enjoyed sharing my hobby with him, but just the simple fact that he grew up with it in the house and loved it because I love it will not be much, if any, of a factor.

When my son and I play pinball now it's because he knows I enjoy it. He's a good son and still wants to make his dad happy.

Being surrounded by something in your youth can be a double edged sword. You may embrace the thing as an adult or you my reject it. As an adult you get to decide.

All this IMHO, of course.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.