Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

....emailing mike to figure out wtf is going on..

#17 8 years ago

He's not usually... something must be up... maybe he got cussed out by hotel for soda sales? hotels like westin are stupidly anal about their corkage charges and exclusivity..

#83 8 years ago

You are just determined for Expo to fail, aren't you Hilton?

#84 8 years ago

Please, stay home next year and relieve yourself of the "downward spiral" that is Expo.

#89 8 years ago

If it sucks so bad, why do y'all keep coming back? In hilton's case I think half the reason is so he can bitch about Mike the rest of the year.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

People I've hear from half think Mike is a total Dick, other have think he's a great guy.

He's both... just depends on the time of year and stress level

The vendor who complained Mike yelled at him while he was breaking the rules by packing stuff up after 5 on saturday... hey genius, you're breaking the rules; expect to get bitched at. What did you want, help loading?? I notice none of the Mike bashers mentioned the end of that story... the guy continued packing after the tongue-lashing with no repercussion whatsoever. No repercussion for the soda sales either, despite the hotel really not wanting that to happen.

If you guys knew half the sh*t Mike has to put up with, between the hotel crabbing about all the crap that goes on, people playing pins in guest rooms, loading via wrong routes, doors propped, undertable soda sales, smokers, etc.. then all the crap he gets from the attendees who are pissed Expo doesn't match their vision of a perfect pinball show... then vendors who bitch about everything.. it's a wonder he bothers putting the show on at all.

For those who say nothing has changed... used to be free play room was closed during banquet - that changed solely due to requests. Free play area is now run by Chicago guys, as a response to complaints about Mike running it in the past. The one fella who complained about his reception in the free play room this year never responded to Andrew's request for more info.. hell, I'm starting to think people just recycle the same ol bad stories over and over. Every year the same people go then complain upon return. Just don't go next year if you don't like the show; it's that easy. Why subject yourself (and us!!) to the annual torment?

#118 8 years ago

When you poll the vendors, ask them if they prefer the banquet, or the hall being open (and them selling stuff) Sat night instead. Per VPCabs comment, the banquet kills the most prime selling time (to local Chicagoans). Solution to thefts might be to reschedule or rework the banquet, as radical as that may sound. You may actually make more proceeds with more and happier vendors that way...

If not that, then cameras... lots of cameras. If we can APB Molly's bully, we can find a thief as well.

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Expo: 1pm Fri to 1pm Sun... 48hrs ... what 30games. 30games/48hrs = .625 games / hr

30? This is an asinine statement...

You also never said how exactly you were treated horribly at the show... It's easy to parrot dislike for Mike; did he actually do something to you or are you just piling on with vague comments?

Trust me, Mike is no saint, but I see all this general complaining while the only *actual* events seem to be mike yelling at some dude for packing up off hours, and his "joke" to Rob about being banned.

So, Zitt... what did Mike do to you personally to deserve such negativity?

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Please don't claim there were more machines in the free play area than that. There weren't much more than that. Certainly not 100s.

Please don't claim there were LESS machines in the free play area. You KNOW there were more than 30.

Quoted from Zitt:

To me personally - stupid comments and lying to my fellow exhibitors. I witnessed THREE occasions where mike alienated two vendors. You seem to be hell bent on DEFENDING mike... so be it. I'm telling you AS AN EXHIBITOR; I found the rude, power tripping behavior of One person to be the sole reason I won't be returning. Take the feedback... defend the rude behavior.

More vague bullshit. You know what's rude? Posting crap like this with nothing behind it. Mike didn't do squat to you... you bash him incessantly but all you got is "watched him alienate two vendors" .?? What's worse, Mike allegedly lying to your fellow exhibitors, or you lying right here about there only being 30 games in the hall? You're blatantly lying to deliberately hurt Expo and that's absolute crap.

I'm not defending Mike insomuch as just asking WTF he's done to deserve this shit from you, and it looks like the answer is "not much."

I really appreciate you bringing your game, but not the attitude. Stay home next year, or grow a thicker skin. Gawd, I'd hate to see what happens when you try to order parts from PBR...

#163 8 years ago

I won't defend Mike's behavior (which is sometimes indefensible), but I do see a lot of piling on for past crimes and perceived slights. There have been positive changes, and more can be made.. but cut the guy some slack, he is trying to behave better

#233 8 years ago

Taro looks tired of hotel rooms...

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Gene didn't start a competing show. Mike BaNNEd Gene form EXpo bcause thay couldNT git aLONG and Gene set UP in the MOtel to sell his STUFF.

Gene owes Mike a BBB, and is not welcome at Expo til he pays up.

#264 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

ReplayFX was a complete disappointment for me personally. Sure they had a lot of games (a ton of video games unfortunately.) And all the pins in the tourney area worked great, so i hear (not accessible to non tourney people). But the pins on the floor, meh at best. Many were still on credit play (with no credits), or just plain broken. Also that facility was HUGE and gave this weird cavernous effect to everything. And the jump piles for kids, please...

ReplayFX was awesome. Tourney machines were publicly available for about half the show, as soon as qualifying was finished. The rest of the games on the floor generally worked fine... there were a few with issues but what do you expect with 700+? And what do you have against kids?? Those inflatable playrooms were a Godsend for parents who couldn't find a sitter.

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

That's one side of the story. But, let's say that's right. Who got hurt by Mike banning Gene from Expo? Rob Berk, for one. Mike Pacak for another. Plus any of Mike's own Expo paying customers who would have liked to buy parts from Gene at Expo without trekking down to the Runway Motel.
    And it didn't get Mike a BBB, did it?

I don't recall asking for a dissertation on the issue; I simply answered why Gene isn't welcome at Expo However, I will respond with my own mini-rant: Gene's prices at the no-tell motel were ridiculous, and quality was oftentimes crap. Do you remember his CV playfields that looked like they were printed with a 1990s HP deskjet? I don't think him being absent was a huge loss for Expo, but to each their own.

#413 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You Yanks and your rust belt cars. I bought a 1999 Honda with 40K miles one it. It looked perfect in every way... till I got it to my shop and realized EVEREYTHING underneath it was rusted to shit. The car came from Ohio. I never would have thought to look at eh suspension of a car that perfect. I will from now on.

I think that was less "Ohio" and more "'99 Honda" involved with that rustout.. some of those 80s and 90s Japanese cars would rust sitting in 50% humidity atmosphere. The American cars weren't very reliable but they didn't rust out nearly as bad...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.