Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 8 years ago

This is not the proper way for Mike to react on a down year. Rob, you have more than helped me out in years past to keep a sassy game running so that it could be enjoyed in the free play room.

I don't know what to do here. Why should I go out of my way to bring multiple games to expo if you get cast aside so easily. This is b.s. And a good pitchfork moment if I've ever seen one.

Mike, make this right.

-c

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

I think a BIG issue is with misconception. EXPO is billed as the premiere pinball event, which I guess it is in its own way, but the FOCUS of the show is not PLAYING pinball. I think most new attendees are expecting a big room full of nice-playing games on free play, open all hours of the show, like most every other pinball show. When that expectation evaporates and the free play room is closed, and the only other events going on cost more money than 'regular' admission, the whole trip turns sour. This is why I haven't been back to EXPO since my first trip in 2000. Not my kind of show at all.
    I really enjoyed meeting you, then Larry.

I think we should work on incentives. If we could implement "Show Cash" similar to how MGC smartly does it, that would help entice people to bring more than the minimum required game as well as pay the vendors that bring their wares. This should keep everyone happy.

Look at MGC. It's bursting at the seems in a good way. If expo could share some of the good ideas of that show plus include the local pinball industry people and PBL it would be incredible.

-c

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

I don't bring games to the MGC because of show cash. I bring games because I feel appreciated. I have, in a sense, taken ownership in insuring the show's success. Dan and Gary's attitude has everything to do with that. They are great people doing something I have a passion for. I'll help them succeed.
    Unfortunately, Expo - not so much. I don't want Expo to fail, but my conscience won't allow me to go out of my way to help either.

I feel the same way about MGC but it is a farther drive for me . I will try and support all shows i can get to with whatever i can get to them (MGC, PATZ, PBL, Expo). There are a lot of posititive people helping out with Expo that i want to help succeed.

#111 8 years ago

The biggest complaint about this year's expo was the amount of games. I'm thinking about what might help address that concern.

Feeling appreciated might be a different harder to achieve obstacle.

-c

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

When you poll the vendors, ask them if they prefer the banquet, or the hall being open (and them selling stuff) Sat night instead. Per VPCabs comment, the banquet kills the most prime selling time (to local Chicagoans). Solution to thefts might be to reschedule or rework the banquet, as radical as that may sound. You may actually make more proceeds with more and happier vendors that way...
    If not that, then cameras... lots of cameras. If we can APB Molly's bully, we can find a thief as well.

Kill the banquet sat night...Maybe make it a brunch. Having the hall closed down during prime time invites people to sneak in there. All these things are solvable.

-c

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

During the banquet a kid(older teenager) got in an was messing with our machines to the extent of plugging them back in and turning them on. He then proceeded to cause some minor damage to one of them. No biggie. We were able to fix it but just one more reason to keep it open on Saturday night.

Hat? A little not quite there?.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I had a great time at Expo. Mike didn't yell at me when I needed to scrounge up tablecloths to cover the Full Throttle for the big screen reveal. I met Zitt and saw Mirror Universe Star Trek, and he didn't sneer at me. Every time I walked past the party in Rob's room I said hi to everyone.
    I'm not saying it's perfect. But I'll be back, and I hope everyone else comes too. The people are what make it. I played like 2 games in the free play room. Big thanks to whoever brought Catacomb, always wanted to try that one.

Catacomb was brought by RazerX from CPM.

#189 8 years ago

Even though it's great that the VFW show has more than 300 games on free play and that it represents all the new sterns. It's also good that children get thrown out because it would really suck to bring my son to a show and have to spend quality time with him. so it's totally win win.

I will secretly sob when i have to bring my son to MGC as he will be super happy at the mix of video games in a show and i will have to look at the excitement and enjoyment through his eyes. sigh.

-c

#191 8 years ago

Allentown has the biggest and best flea market. biggest is relative unless one show can do it all. Just having games for free play is not the only factor.

-c

#202 8 years ago

that's either a small dog or large testicles. you should probably have that looked at.

#293 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Clay,
    After seeing some of your reviews, and your back and forth post about Midwest Gaming Classics. Id like to ask you to come to MGC and see it first hand. This way you can add it to the list of shows that you have been to, and you can give a review of it in comparison to other shows.
    I have talked with Dan and he is fine with me in helping out on a few aspects of the show. So Id like to personally ask that you come to MGC, maybe get into out "bring a rare game" that Hilton and I have going on. I know that you can beat us on that. Plus if your interested, we can get you a slot on the seminar line-up and you can talk about what ever you want, be it your VFW show or the Pinball Ninja site.
    Please let me know if you are willing to do any or all of this.
    THanks
    Troy

Maybe lucky 7?

-c

#370 8 years ago

The best way to get kids into pinball again is to make it illegal and tell them they can no longer do it. look at all the movies from the 70s if there are any hooligans they are playing pinball.

-c

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15?tu=craigc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.