Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 8 years ago

A lot has already been said on this thread about the 'banned or not banned' deal, so I just want to say this:

There ain't nobody nicer, kinder, gentle(r), and polite(r) than Rob. He was at my home several times last year working on a pin for me and had it been someone else, I think they would have exploded and thrown my pin in the river because how it would be 'fixed' and then it would 'unfix' itself in minutes! He had a lot of patience and I just can't imagine anyone telling him he is not welcome to come back ANYWHERE!

Rob, you are the greatest! (Well . . . next to LTG.) Taro, you didn't say much to me. WTF?

Rob, our old Yellow Lab (Murel) died a few months after you left. A sad day . . . as I'm sure you can understand. He was SO sick those last few weeks, but on his last night, he ambled over to my bed, as was his habit, to tell me 'Good Night', and I patted his head like I always did and then he ambled back over to his bed. Every night, he did this ritual at 10:30. He looked at me for a much longer time that night as if he was trying to tell me something. I can still see those big brown eyes sending 'love' to me. He died during the night. He's buried out in the back yard with a head stone.

Be safe in your travels. A LOT of people rely on you, and you make things 'glow' (literally!) when you are with people. It hurt me to know you went through this ordeal.
    Mike in Kentucky

#363 8 years ago

I have 4 grandchildren, ages 8, 7, 6 and 5. They ALL love my pins! In fact, the 7 year old boy is an excellent player . . . better than adults who visit here . . . and he is beginning to help me make repairs and UNDERSTAND the workings of a pin. He just doesn't flail balls, he's a competitive player. He's gaining knowledge and I'm sure someday he will inherit my pins and keep them going. In fact, he gets VERY upset if I sell a pin and is always looking at pinball websites with me asking me "Get this one! We need this one Papa!!! Doesn't it look like a lot of fun?!" I'm sure a lot of kids have no interest in them, but at least with my bunch, the 'addiction' has rooted and I'm positive they will not let the pins die around here.

On a funny note . . . having read some comments about guys working with their fathers . . . mine was an expert in just about anything concerning building and repairing. He was an electrician, a plumber, a 'furnace man' and worked on cars. When I was young and 'helped' him, I was just mostly in his way. I got to hold the flashlight or go get a tool. It was all boring to me. I remember him saying over and over, "You need to pay attention because some day I won't be around to fix all your stuff. Learn it NOW so you can do it yourself later on." Well, he has been dead about 10 years and those words echo in my head all the time. Yeah, I can fix most things, but he was SO right. I now have to PAY people to come and fix various things around my home or my cars that are over my head. My dad NEVER would pay someone else to fix something. By the looks of what I have read on here tonight, a whole bunch of us have been down this road! Ha.
    Mike in Kentucky

#379 8 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

The sad thing today is, there's A LOT of guys that have no idea how to do really *anything* beyond what their professions are. Society caused this over time.. pushing people into corporate career paths with the goal of climbing a ladder to make more money -- paying people to do things for you. It's created a lot more metrosexual type of guys that can't really fix or build anything.. then they have children and can't teach them how to fix or build anything either.

Excellent commentary! You hit it on the head!

I DID learn a lot about electricity from my father. I wired my own house. My usual operational mode is, wire it up and if it doesn't shock the piss out of me or fire doesn't fly, then I must have it right!
    Mike in Kentucky

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pintucky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15?tu=Pintucky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.