Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg
    There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 8 years ago

Rob >> We will see you at TPF (assuming all goes as planned)

#402 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is a beauty. Keep in mind that my childhood wasn't spent restoring nice cars, but keep shitty ones that cost $200 on the road.

That sucks, we used to call those cars winter beaters that you drove to keep your real car in nice shape.
    When they blew up you tossed the keys on the seat and walked away.

#404 8 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

That sucks, we used to call those cars winter beaters that you drove to keep your real car in nice shape.
    When they blew up you tossed the keys on the seat and walked away.

I've kept the title in the glove box in one beater I once owned. Sure as shit, an Inner CV joint (car was FWD) imploded when my sister-in-law was using it 50 miles away. In the left turn lane at a light. Car had 225,000 miles and everything in the engine compartment and on the chassis was rusted.

I went to look at it and actually made it OWD (One Wheel Drive) using a Rigid 32" aluminum pipe wrench on the CV joint shell. Drove it around a parking lot just fine. However, when I stopped relieving torque, the wrench fell off. I said F-it; pulled out the radio & amplifier, my stuff in the trunk, signed the title and put it back in the glove box, put the key in the ash tray and left. Next morning I called Volunteers of America and told them where to pick it up at.

#405 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Rob >> We will see you at TPF (assuming all goes as planned)

You'll love it Hilton! Definitely one of the best shows in the country!

Be sure to pencil in some time for a beer and a meal.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#406 8 years ago

Interesting seeing all the dog pics.

Never been a big fan of seeing pets dressed up, but my dog just got a great costume for Halloween and I just had to share...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#407 8 years ago

I think it's weird that we're talking about shows that are full of games for people to play, and there's even a discussion about how kids don't belong in that kind of environment.

I don't bring my kids, because they'd probably be bored. They'll flip my games sometimes, but don't really care much. Which is fine! But if they wanted to go and were excited about it? I'd take them for sure.

#408 8 years ago

You Yanks and your rust belt cars. I bought a 1999 Honda with 40K miles one it. It looked perfect in every way... till I got it to my shop and realized EVEREYTHING underneath it was rusted to shit. The car came from Ohio. I never would have thought to look at eh suspension of a car that perfect. I will from now on.

#409 8 years ago

IBTL with a SFW and relevant video...how I imagine Taro felt after Expo was over:

https://www.facebook.com/TheShadeRoom/videos/1836514276592962/

#410 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

IBTL with a SFW and relevant video...how I imagine Taro felt after Expo was over:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheShadeRoom/videos/1836514276592962/

That's pretty funny. Taro loves the attention at shows. The more girl hands on him the better he feels. He loves the girls, and of course they're all there to see him!

He did end up with an ear infection Sunday though. All better now, with a clean bill of health from the Doctor.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#411 8 years ago

I had to show my 7 year old daughter Taro, she loved the picture of him with the goggles on.

How do you pronounce his name? We've been debating it.

#412 8 years ago

Not like the root, or the cards. Tar, with an o, Tar-o.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#413 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You Yanks and your rust belt cars. I bought a 1999 Honda with 40K miles one it. It looked perfect in every way... till I got it to my shop and realized EVEREYTHING underneath it was rusted to shit. The car came from Ohio. I never would have thought to look at eh suspension of a car that perfect. I will from now on.

I think that was less "Ohio" and more "'99 Honda" involved with that rustout.. some of those 80s and 90s Japanese cars would rust sitting in 50% humidity atmosphere. The American cars weren't very reliable but they didn't rust out nearly as bad...

#414 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

That's pretty funny. Taro loves the attention at shows. The more girl hands on him the better he feels. He loves the girls, and of course they're all there to see him!

I bet Taro likes Kids.

#415 8 years ago

Taro probably likes black squirrels too... likes to RIP their heads off!
    go taro go!!

#416 8 years ago

Here's 310lbs of dog.

simba_razor.jpgsimba_razor.jpg

simba_razor2.jpgsimba_razor2.jpg

#417 8 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Here's 310lbs of dog.

simba_razor.jpg simba_razor2.jpg

Are those pics family friendly? LOL!

#418 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Are those pics family friendly? LOL!

Family dog. Literally...LOL!!!

#419 8 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Family dog. Literally...LOL!!! You ought to see them around a female poodle. Good GAWD!!!

#420 8 years ago

Red Rocket!

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpgsouth-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg

#421 8 years ago

Rob - come back to Allentown in '16!

#422 8 years ago

Would love to. Just need to get Ivan to return one of my couple dozen calls.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#423 8 years ago

Pintastic welcomes you! Give me a call!

#424 8 years ago

Rob you are welcome at the Ann Arbor pinball show too (may 13-15, 2016).

#425 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Now that would be awesome!!!!

#426 8 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Plus he wouldn't have to bring all of his test equipment as the VFW shop has everything needed for board repair . Plus with at least one of every popular platform, a test bed would be available if crowds allow it. Rob would be able to sell his wares as many attendees ask to buy parts but the VFW parts are for the museum's games only.
    Pinball Life sold a limited selection of parts last year.

Then there are the vendor benefits that can't be published here.....

#427 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic does have Alan Davidson with all his equipment for board repair so awsome! But it would be cool to have Rob their as well with all his parts and everything.

#428 8 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

The biggest complaint about this year's expo was the amount of games. I'm thinking about what might help address that concern.
    Feeling appreciated might be a different harder to achieve obstacle.
    -c

I look back at all the years of attending Pinball Expo (been to all since 1990) and wish I had brought games then!! What was I thinking. 2014 was the first year for me to bring a game there. I then took a game to PATZ 2015 and 2 games to Expo 2015 and the staff help out in set up. Absolute fun other that Judge Dredd acting up but I tried to stop by a few times a day to make sure she was working. I will make every effort to bring a game(s) to the nearby shows expo, mgc, and patz! next year!

#429 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Quoted from cfh:

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated!

I think Pintasic is just too far for me. I don't get to the east coast much, and a trip to MA almost doubles my time on the road compared to Pittsburgh. Doubling the time on the road, doubles my costs to get there, just not feasible.

The Ann Arbor show I could see doing, but this year is a week before Pin-a-GoGo. I'll already be in California then. I generally have a pretty busy schedule in California with a lot of clients and friends to visit.

I would absolutely love to do every show I could, so certainly won't rule any out, and greatly appreciate the invites.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#430 8 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I was new on the scene in 2009, went to Expo, no one was friendly, seemed like everyone who was having fun was in one of the cliquey groups.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that. While there are lots of people who go out of their way to be friendly, there are also too many who think they are something "special". "Pinsnobs" are what they are.

#431 8 years ago

Rob if you want to come to the VFW show you should probably try and do it this year. Normally pin a go go and the Ann Arbor show are the exact same weekend. For some reason this year that is not the case.

#432 8 years ago

Kids: whether they get into pinball is arbitrary. I think you have to have it in you. I grew up with a pinball machine in the basement for 2-3 years. Had I not had that experience, I don't know if I would have bothered to try it later in life. I do remember starting to get into them because video games weren't about skill, it was about patterns and "just finishing the story".

My god-daughter seems to love retro video games and pinball machines and enjoys them when she comes over, she's 17 now.

Had a couple over this past friday, brought their 6 year old daughter and 8 year old son. They quickly jumped from game to game (I think they got bored quickly), and even asked about the 2 games not working because 7 working games wasn't enough apparently. The boy spent 10 minutes firing balls up my custom project that wasn't even on, because he could manually move the flippers with the glass off and put as many balls on the playfield as he wanted (I guess kids are looking for sandbox environments, not ones with rules). After probably 20-30 minutes they asked to watch a kids DVD because they were bored.

#433 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

The boy spent 10 minutes firing balls up my custom project that wasn't even on, because he could manually move the flippers with the glass off and put as many balls on the playfield as he wanted (I guess kids are looking for sandbox environments, not ones with rules). After probably 20-30 minutes they asked to watch a kids DVD because they were bored.

Same reason they have interactive displays in museums.

3 weeks later
    #434 8 years ago

<

Quoted from goatdan:Clay's show is both open longer and has more machines to play. Currently, Tom only has about 240ish machines set up. Tom also doesn't have all of the brand new Sterns that Clay does.

Tom also doesn't have all the help and "volunteer's" that Clay has too, it makes a world of difference. Tom's is more of a one man showing off his collection type of thing. With Clay its a business/museum.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#435 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

DanQverymuch said:
    I was new on the scene in 2009, went to Expo, no one was friendly, seemed like everyone who was having fun was in one of the cliquey groups.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that. While there are lots of people who go out of their way to be friendly, there are also too many who think they are something "special". "Pinsnobs" are what they are.

Sad to read. I go out solo all the time and have fun. Oddly enough by the end of the night I have met tons of new friends. I bet if you focus on your own experience being fun you will find it becomes all inclusive.

#436 8 years ago

What we need is a show in St. Louis. If anyone wants to compete with Chicago bring it to the STL. I did a trade show at Lumiere Hotel recently and they were awesome. A lowly transportation engineer convention made decent money. Of course it all went to student scholarships in the end.

There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.