Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 436 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

south-park-s05e07c01-red-rocket-16x9.jpg
    simba_razor2.jpg
    simba_razor.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    Snapshot_20151025_4c.jpg
    MollyBellyRub.jpg
    7.jpg
    GTO3.jpg
    15.jpg
    20150701_075329.jpg
    TaroPuppy.jpg
    rowzee.jpg
    There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 8 years ago

As I've said many times now, my repair room at Expo does not happen without the help of many friends. I want to publicly thank everyone who helped with load-in, load-out, moving stuff, stocking stuff, bringing stuff, buying stuff, and stuffing stuff. With special thanks to...

Vince Giovannone
    Angela Giovannone
    Mark Czarnowski
    Dale Brown
    Eric Priepke
    Liz Priepke
    Steve Tsubota
    Keith Jasinski
    Troy Smith
    Andrew Barney
    Chris Basler
    Joe Kace
    Lloyd Olsen
    Ryan Claytor
    Chuck Emery
    Kayte Emery
    Gerry Stellenberg
    Brandon Nuss
    Cliff Rinear
    Ross Simpson
    Kevin Ketchum
    Aaron Mills
    John Wart
    Tony Clark
    Jack Guarnieri
    Joe Duider
    Nikki Duider
    Darren Sheldon
    Jonathan Joosten

If I miss someone, it’s not because I don't appreciate what you did, I'm just slightly on the verge of crazy, and just forgot.

As for the Farewell, I'm told I'm not allowed back next year, so see everyone at one of the other great shows across the country.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#2 8 years ago

What the ??
    Looks like TPF will soon replace expo.

#3 8 years ago

That sucks! I'm glad I got a chance to meet you then.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What the ??
    Looks like TPF will soon replace expo.

It's where all the cool kids are; and me.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I'm told I'm not allowed back next year

That sucks! I was told I wouldn't be allowed back either and I didn't even go.

#6 8 years ago

Told by the hotel or Mike/Rob ?

#7 8 years ago

sounds like the organizers are on a 1 way adventure to completely kill expo!

I go to expo for VERY few things and one of those things is to go to your vendor area specifically; with the knowledge that you will have much of what I need!

#8 8 years ago

that's crazy why did you get kicked out?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Told by the hotel or Mike/Rob ?

If he was told by the Hotel, then Mike P. needs to stand up and threaten to move the show. If it was Mike P. that told him he is not welcome back, then it is time for someone to start an alternative show in the Chicago area.

I really would like to know which it is.

#10 8 years ago

Likely by the hotel due to selling soda in his room / vendor booth. Hence no Mr. Soda guy in the vendor hall this year.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Likely by the hotel due to selling soda in his room / vendor booth. Hence no Mr. Soda guy in the vendor hall this year.

But it is OK for some dude to sell his overpriced fudge and gummi bears in the vendor hall?

#12 8 years ago

Well, what I know goes like this…

I heard throughout the weekend from some friends that Mike told them he wasn't allowing me back next year. 'Whatever' was basically my thought, if he’s got something to say, he knows where to find me. Didn't hear a thing from him, so I called him on my way home from Expo on Monday. Got hung up on. Tried again thinking it was possibly a dropped call, got yelled at and hung up on again. Figured I’d give it a bit of time for him to call me back, nothing. No worries on my end, there’s lots more shows across the country that are much more enjoyable. Can't say I won’t miss it, but I'll live.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was told I wouldn't be allowed back either and I didn't even go.

your reputation precedes you

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

If I miss someone, it’s not because I don't appreciate what you did, I'm just slightly on the verge of crazy, and just forgot.
    As for the Farewell, I'm told I'm not allowed back next year, so see everyone at one of the other great shows across the country.

Wow... really; Tools... the whole lot of them (the show organizers).
    Looks like they are digging their own grave. Good to see.

#15 8 years ago

....emailing mike to figure out wtf is going on..

#16 8 years ago

Mike is a dick. That's what's going on.

#17 8 years ago

He's not usually... something must be up... maybe he got cussed out by hotel for soda sales? hotels like westin are stupidly anal about their corkage charges and exclusivity..

#18 8 years ago

If it was the soda, or something the hotel wasn't happy about, I would have heard about it IMMEDIATELY, as in years past.

I know Mike's probably pretty unhappy with the game and vendor turnout this year, but even he has to know by now, that he’s the entire reason attendees, game bringers, and vendors want nothing to do with Expo any more. You can’t scream and yell at people and expect them to feel warm and fuzzy about you.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#19 8 years ago

That really sucks, and this is a huge disapointment. This was my first expo, and meeting you and your friends was certainly a highlight. Have no idea why you wouldn't be invited back, but if this is how expo is run, I'm not sure I will want to come next year.

#20 8 years ago

I'm floored.

This makes no sense at all.

I do hope it gets worked out. I really appreciate all you do at these shows.

Pete

#21 8 years ago

Pacak has finally flipped his over sized balloon head. surprised it took this long. He is nutty as fuck anyway.

#22 8 years ago

Tpf has already replaced expo in my book. Last year was a fluke it seems like. Sorry to hear he's such a dick

#23 8 years ago

Really bummed to hear that. Your repair room is generally my first stop at Expo to visit!

Guess I'll have to visit with you at another show somewhere!

#24 8 years ago

I can't wait to see Robs show schedule for next year.

#25 8 years ago

I appreciated Borygard fixing my Bad Cats for the Xpin booth. I would have been SOL otherwise.

No Borygard = no Collin bringing games.

#26 8 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Rob. Shitty way to have it communicated to you; and just shitty in general.

Wife and I half considered expo this year. Kept hearing a lot about it, like it was some big thing. With all the reports this weekend, glad we didn't make a special trip to Chicago. *Especially* after having been spoiled with TPF 2015 as our first pinball show.

Speaking of which: Booked for TPF 2016.

#27 8 years ago

every year I liked going into that cool little side room and saying hello, and seeing all of the different machines you would have in there (P-Roc stuff last year, stuff you were repairing this year, etc)
    At least you'll probably still go to Kzoo

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Pacak has finally flipped his over sized balloon head. surprised it took this long. He is nutty as fuck anyway.

lol

#29 8 years ago

I don't want to see this be a negative bash Mike thread. Most of my post is thanking all the great people that help out, more than just me and my booth, but the entire show.

Mike's not a bad guy, outside of Expo I'd consider him a friend. I like no-nonsense folks that don't beat around the bush and he's certainly that. It's just at, around, and about Expo, he's extremely difficult and mostly abusive.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

You can’t scream and yell at people and expect them to feel warm and fuzzy about you.

I had forgotten how much of an asshole he is. I get that I'm not exactly Pacak's favourite person but dude, act like a professional with your vendors.

#31 8 years ago

Well crap. I can't go TPF. I work MGC weekend. You aren't coming to Expo? When the heck am I supposed to get my Taro and part selling fix? Sheesh.

#32 8 years ago

I recall you weren't planning on coming to Expo (based on your show schedule posted early this year) and Mike asked you to come to Expo; right here on Pinside. Why would he change his mind? Maybe there's more to the situation.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borygards-2015-show-schedule

#33 8 years ago

Why would he do this?

#34 8 years ago

Expo's loss. Everyone else's gain.

I sure hope you will be at pin a go go this year. I can't say enough about how fast you got the any nvram installed ony whirlwind board.

It's great folks like you rob that keep our games going for years to come. See you at pagg.

#35 8 years ago

Sounds like Expo is going down the toilet. Along with the Cubs, City of Chicago, and the State of Illinois. What sucks is I still live here. Doh!!!

#36 8 years ago

Hard to not bash Mike but I think it's time for someone else to take over this show.

Rob Anthony not invited back? That there is some bull shit but hay there are plenty of better shows out there that are welcoming you with open arms.....I'd imagine. Just wait until Texas starts doing more seminars.......Expo? Never heard of it!

See ya in Texas, MGC and probably Kalamazoo!

#38 8 years ago

Rob is a great guy. Met him a couple times. Come on back to Allentown or pintastic. East coast would welcome you!

#39 8 years ago

Sounds like this year may have been my first and last expo, unless the organizers seriously start changing the way things are done around there. It seems wrong to provide so much support to such an unfriendly show when there are so many other terrific shows with great passionate organizers.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Why would he do this?

Yeah, I really don't know. I posted what I know and don't want to get into speculation, when I just don't know.

Like I said, maybe just a bad show for him and it is what it is.

The first time I called I asked if he had a minute, he said he was driving in Chicago and to be quick. I told him I heard he wasn't allowing me back next year, and I wanted to hear it from him, and why. That's when he hung up the first time. The second time, I didn't get a chance to say anything.

Quoted from MrBally:

I recall you weren't planning on coming to Expo (based on your show schedule posted early this year) and Mike asked you to come to Expo; right here on Pinside. Why would he change his mind? Maybe there's more to the situation.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/borygards-2015-show-schedule

This is our texts after the hang ups, relating to my not planning on doing Expo because of the burglaries on my property...

Expo.pngExpo.png

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

Well crap. I can't go TPF. I work MGC weekend. You aren't coming to Expo? When the heck am I supposed to get my Taro and part selling fix? Sheesh.

I could always swing by when near Muskego, and get you some Taro hugs. I could also bring some parts along and set up the tablet if you really need a selling fix.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Yeah, I really don't know. I posted what I know and don't want to get into speculation, when I just don't know.
    Like I said, maybe just a bad show for him and it is what it is.
    The first time I called I asked if he had a minute, he said he was driving in Chicago and to be quick. I told him I heard he wasn't allowing me back next year, and I wanted to hear it from him, and why. That's when he hung up the first time. The second time, I didn't get a chance to say anything.

This is our texts after the hang ups, relating to my not planning on doing Expo because of the burglaries on my property...
    Expo.png
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Really not a fan of personal texts on a public forum, he has really taken care of you over the years at expo.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames007:

Really not a fan of personal texts on a public forum, he has really taken care of you over the years at expo.

Yeah, I agree, but with the previous thread brought up, and in the interest of full disclosure, I thought it important.

And I have taken care of him over the years as well.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#44 8 years ago

Every time I walked past your room the party in there looked cooler than the last time, I'm sad to hear you might not return. Hopefully it gets worked out.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Yeah, I agree, but with the previous thread brought up, and in the interest of full disclosure, I thought it important.
    And I have taken care of him over the years as well.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

I missed the other thread. I will look at that later. As you and I know Mike will give you the shirt off his back at any time.

#46 8 years ago

I saw & overheard Mike P cussing up a storm with TWO different VENDORS for being a FEW inches outside (6" - 8" MAX) their "blue tape boundaries".

All Mike had to do was simply ask them to move their booths, tables & gear a few inches, I personally know both of the Vendors who looked shocked at Mike's behavior but immediately moved their stuff - absolutely NO reason to go on a screaming cursing tirade as loud as humanly possible !!

Its just not how you treat YOUR VENDORS & expect them to come back again.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I could always swing by when near Muskego, and get you some Taro hugs. I could also bring some parts along and set up the tablet if you really need a selling fix.
    --

You'd both be welcome! My boys would probably run from Taro. But they don't pick our company! image.jpegimage.jpeg

#48 8 years ago

See you at the Texas Pinball Festival Rob,I'll buy you a beer at Wid Pitch sports
    bar @grill Friday is lingerie night Rick in Indiana

#49 8 years ago

Best wishes always my friend. I look forward to seeing you and Taro, at what ever shows we are both at !

LTG : )™

#50 8 years ago

This is not the proper way for Mike to react on a down year. Rob, you have more than helped me out in years past to keep a sassy game running so that it could be enjoyed in the free play room.

I don't know what to do here. Why should I go out of my way to bring multiple games to expo if you get cast aside so easily. This is b.s. And a good pitchfork moment if I've ever seen one.

Mike, make this right.

-c

There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-yous-and-farwell-expo-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.