(Topic ID: 17580)

Thank you to the folks who run Pinside

By tonymiddendorf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_rodney_dangerfield-1.jpg
    thank-you-hand-bra-babe-hand-bra-linge.jpg
    VY3tN.gif

#1 11 years ago

It's Friday. I'm leaving for a vacation for the weekend. This got me to thinking how thankful I am to have a 'regular' job where I can enjoy things like that.

Then it got me to thinking about how hard the volunteers at Pinside work to keep this place great. I'm sure I don't even know HALF of the work that goes into running such a tip-top site. It's growing rapidly, and with the growth comes some growing pains. I am confident Pinside will continue to adapt and be a great resource for the community.

Thanks to all the folks that volunteer to make this site what it is.

That is all.

#2 11 years ago

Hey,

I hate to be the "+1" guy, but in light of some other threads here, yeah, I'll get behind that. Keep up the good work. I realize as someone who is just a guy posting the odd thing on the forums, I see about a fraction of a percent of all of the work that goes into this site, but don't think that just because we don't see what goes down behind the scenes that we don't appreciate what you're doing.

Luke

Post edited by lukerp : I somehow put my name on this post twice.

#3 11 years ago

thumbs up guys, you don't get thanked enough.

#4 11 years ago

If there weren't sites like this, I would not have ever boughten my first pin for fear that I couldn't repair it etc.

Without these sites, pinball dies.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Without these sites, pinball dies.

Or becomes limited to folks a WHOLE lot smarter and wealthier than us!

#6 11 years ago

Agreed, Agreed, and agreed.

HAPPY FRIDAY PINHEADS!

VY3tN.gifVY3tN.gif

#7 11 years ago

i think the ban hammer needs to be swung after a few of the most recent threads. thank you, mods...

#8 11 years ago

Absolutely! This site has really put me drop into pinball! Good to be apart of this recent rise in pinball interest. Have a great weekend all!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

HAPPY FRIDAY PINHEADS!

Attachments VY3tN.gif (1522.9 KB, 0 downloads) 27 minutes old

That's awesome. I love that video.

Tom.

#11 11 years ago

Considering today's drama, i think some donations should come in and help with some overtime programming for the Pinside team!

#12 11 years ago

Yea...I donno what kind of crazy sauce has been floating around here lately, but big kudos to Robin and the whole crew for dealing with the headaches and keeping this place cool for the rest of us. Thank you!

Take care, and enjoy some pinball guys...you deserve it!
    Chris

#13 11 years ago

Thanks Pinside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 11 years ago

#1 pinball site for a lot of reasons, keep up the great work

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I'm leaving for a vacation for the weekend

Are you vactioning in beautiful South Dakota? If so, pack up that SFII of yours and drop it off at my place. I will compensate you accordingly...

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Are you vactioning in beautiful South Dakota? If so, pack up that SFII of yours and drop it off at my place. I will compensate you accordingly...

HAHA, I am not headed to SD. Headed to NYC with the lady-friend.

If you're interested SFII is psuedo-for sale though.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sf2sfii-cl-mn

#17 11 years ago

Cheers to a great place to hang out. I am glad this falls under my work places policy for acceptable intermittent use of the interwebs and is not blocked. I love being able to hang out with virtual pinball friends and nerd out to pinball.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Are you vactioning in beautiful South Dakota?

that reminds me... I need to get back out to deadwood. LOVE that area.

#19 11 years ago

Absolutely loving this site. The hard work that the mods put in is much appreciated.

Keep it up!

Pete

#20 11 years ago

This place is like the corner tap where you go to meet friends and have a couple of frosty mugs of pinball goodness. Thank you Robin and the whole team of bartenders!!!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

HAPPY FRIDAY PINHEADS!

Nice gif. Go Chargers!!!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

It's Friday. I'm leaving for a vacation for the weekend. This got me to thinking how thankful I am to have a 'regular' job where I can enjoy things like that.
    Then it got me to thinking about how hard the volunteers at Pinside work to keep this place great. I'm sure I don't even know HALF of the work that goes into running such a tip-top site. It's growing rapidly, and with the growth comes some growing pains. I am confident Pinside will continue to adapt and be a great resource for the community.
    Thanks to all the folks that volunteer to make this site what it is.
    That is all.

And thanks also to the folks with a heart, nothing says thank you like a donation to keep it running.

#23 11 years ago

Thank you guys. I think it is safe to say from all of us that it is our pleasure.

#24 11 years ago

big thanks to all who make pinside run.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #26 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Thank you guys. I think it is safe to say from all of us that it is our pleasure.

It is indeed.

#27 11 years ago

To Pinside and all the Pinsiders!

Attachments thank-you-hand-bra-babe-hand-bra-linge.jpg (64.7 KB, 0 downloads) 1 hour old

That's okay honey, I didn't see a thing!

th_rodney_dangerfield-1.jpgth_rodney_dangerfield-1.jpg

#28 11 years ago

I was just thinking to day about how everybody has each helped to get the site back to fun after the recent growth. If it were not for each person acting like adults, the site would be crazy. I love Pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-to-the-folks-who-run-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.