10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just want to give a big shout out to Stangbat for letting me and my wife and mom come over to play pinball and check out his new WOZ. It is so nice playing pins in such perfect shape and dialed in.

WOZ surprised me. It is beautiful and is more fun then it looks like it would be from the pics. Makes me look forward to the Hobbit.

My Mom had a blast and really appreciates you letter her playall your pins as she has never played some of them before. She loves AFM now. (She has good taste in pins) I told her she needs to win the lotto to get one that nice, lol.

Thank you, again.
    Dan

#2 10 years ago

Did you say your Mom?

#3 10 years ago

Did you get to play 1.08. I helped him get updated earlier today

#4 10 years ago

Yes, my mom. She is visiting from Philly for the weekend. Both my parents love pinball. I am trying to get her to play a bunch of different pins to figure out what she likes because I am saving up to buy her a pin for her retirement gift. Problem is, she likes the expensive ones, lol. She pretty much likes fast and flowing pins such as AFM, CV, Shadow, AC/DC and Getaway the most.

He mentioned he just updated the code so I guess so. One thing I think is cool is you can set the strength of each individual coil separately. The lamp boards make the under playfield look very clean but I don't like the idea that if one of those boards goes bad, it affects several others too.
    The LEDs looked great but are too bright IMO, and I like bright lamps. But maybe they just look bright because the GI is too dim. At any rate, I understand you will be able to adjust the brightness level so that is good.

#5 10 years ago

Glad your family could stop by and play, and see WOZ. Yes, that was code version 1.08.

I heard your mom make the comment that the game was dark. And that was with my overhead lighting on. Kind of reinforces my thoughts that the GI is too dim. To be fair, she also said it was beautiful.

The coil settings are nice. I've had to tweak the slingshots and the Winkie Guard VUK.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Glad your family could stop by and play, and see WOZ. Yes, that was code version 1.08.
    I heard your mom make the comment that the game was dark. And that was with my overhead lighting on. Kind of reinforces my thoughts that the GI is too dim. To be fair, she also said it was beautiful.
    The coil settings are nice. I've had to tweak the slingshots and the Winkie Guard VUK.

Thanks for the head's up. Very thorough.

#7 10 years ago

hmm. 1.08.
    Dan, if your mom wants to play totan, IJ or TAF let me know.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Did you say your Mom?

Not sure the relative ages involved, but my mom loves pinball also. She's in her 70's. (Don't tell her that I told you she's that old!)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-stangbat-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.