Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SRB.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just played Addam's Family after a long while and really appreciated

the call outs of Raul Julia...You can tell he added a creative touch to them..

Not just movie quotes but lots of personal extras added...I read once

he was very interested in his kids love of video games and you can certainly tell

on TAF he gave it his all...

Nice to see a classicly trained actor not being a Pop snob...Rest in Peace Raul!!

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

Just played Addam's Family after a long while and really appreciated
the call outs of Raul Julia...You can tell he added a creative touch to them..
Not just movie quotes but lots of personal extras added...I read once
he was very interested in his kids love of video games and you can certainly tell
on TAF he gave it his all...
Nice to see a classicly trained actor not being a Pop snob...Rest in Peace Raul!!

Angelica Houston literally just called it in on a phone somewhere

#3 10 years ago

So true. It really adds to the game. I just saw the movie again recently and smile when I can put the call outs to some of the scenes of the movie. Heck the whole game ties in so well with the move. It's one that's always played when family and friend come over. Raul Julia left us too soon for sure.

#4 10 years ago

His TAF call out at the beginning of pinball soul's podcast is awesome....RIP Raul

#5 10 years ago

John Astin will always be Gomez to me, what with his crazy eyes, but Raul did do a commendable job.

Such a shame he died after a stroke at age 54.

Meanwhile Mr. Astin is working again, I see, at age 83! Maybe there is something to be said for vegetarianism...

#6 10 years ago

Let's not go overboard. I sat through StreetFighter, the Movie.
NOTHING could be good enough to make up for that disaster. (Though he isn't the only one to blame)
Plus, I'll concede that he did do an excellent job in Addams Family.

I recently sold Avengers and purchased LOTR.
VERY cool when the actors come back in to do some voice recordings for the pin. Really adds something to the game.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Meanwhile Mr. Astin is working again, I see, at age 83! Maybe there is something to be said for vegetarianism...

Or blowing up model trains.......

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didja ever notice that they reused the train collision/explosion footage from the pilot over and over? You can freeze frame the sequence to see the visitor from that first episode every time.

#9 10 years ago

Didja ever notice that they reused the train collision/explosion footage from the pilot over and over?

No, I was too busy hooking up explosives to mine.

#10 10 years ago

Raul Julia was awesome. I heard he loved the TAF pinball, maybe even as much as I do!

They had plans for a 3rd Addams before he died. Too bad, I really liked him.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

NOTHING could be good enough to make up for that disaster...

...BUT, Raul Julia is by far the best thing of the entire movie (other than the camp cheese).

"The day Bison graced your village, it was the most important day of your life...but for me...it was Tuesday."

#12 10 years ago

Raul Julia is awesome in this game.......Adams family rocks!

#13 10 years ago

John Astin will always be Gomez to me, what with his crazy eyes, but Raul did do a commendable job.
Such a shame he died after a stroke at age 54.

Didn't Raul Julia die of cancer? I remember reading about that. His last movie was Street Fighter (don't know why i know that).

*EDIT* Nope he had a stroke..

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

NOTHING could be good enough to make up for that disaster. (Though he isn't the only one to blame)
I recently sold Avengers and purchased LOTR.
VERY cool when the actors come back in to do some voice recordings for the pin. Really adds something to the game.

Not a Kylie minogue fan? You should be so lucky. I was/am a mortal combat guy so sf2 was crud IMO and wasn't surprised the movie was poo. Haven't played the pin as no collectors have them around here and you just don't see gottliebs on site.

Back on topic yes raul's call outs make a definite positive contribution to the game. 54 is way way too young to be taking a dirt nap.

#15 10 years ago

Best quote:

“I guess nobody else has a head shaped like mine,” Astin said recently. “So, I get recognized quite often.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/10/the-addams-familysjohn-astin-reflects-on-tv-shows-success/

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

His TAF call out at the beginning of pinball soul's podcast is awesome....RIP Raul

Oh look another post from jmule123 well that makes 136 for the week and your still in 5th way behind the leader.

#17 10 years ago

Quoted from Atomicboy: They had plans for a 3rd Addams before he died. Too bad, I really liked him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146402/

There was a 3rd Addams movie. Tim Curry was Gomez. I know this because I'm a Tim Curry fan, so I had to watch it, but the movie was a little bit awful. The first two were awesome.

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Angelica Houston literally just called it in on a phone somewhere

Don't be too tough on Houston. Morticia is much more a subtle performance than Gomez. Probably doesn't translate to Pinball like an exuberant Gomez shouting call outs.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Oh look another post from jmule123 well that makes 136 for the week and your still in 5th way behind the leader.

Mato... you do realize that this isnt a competiton, right? There isnt really a 'leader' for number of posts. No award is given, there is no prize. Also, how in the world are you not on the list? Per a quick look at your activity, you have made more than 90 posts in the last day.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

There was a 3rd Addams movie. Tim Curry was Gomez. I know this because I'm a Tim Curry fan, so I had to watch it, but the movie was a little bit awful.

Tim Curry fan here too. However and in agreement with your assessment, the Addams Family 3rd movie (Reunion - not a sequel to the other two) was not good...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Mato... you do realize that this isnt a competiton, right? There isnt really a 'leader' for number of posts. No award is given, there is no prize. Also, how in the world are you not on the list? Per a quick look at your activity, you have made more than 90 posts in the last day.

Amen sister
SRB.jpgSRB.jpg

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

yeah most of my quotes are in conversations, not really one off posts.......and now you mention it how the hell am I not on that list......maybe this post will help me get there

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Funny you should mention Street Fighter the Movie...My husband Pete took me to see the movie on our very first date!

Now you are probably wondering why I would go along with this...Well, we were both fans of street fighter the video game and we both liked Raul Julia. So we thought...Why not. Plus, I am a Kylie Minogue fan as well. Needless to say the movie stunk, but we still had a great time.

I miss Raul Julia as well. I was so sad when I found out that he passed. I think he did an awesome job in The Addams Family movies. Anytime the movies are on TV, I switch over to them. I'm also glad that the pinball machine is so fun to play. I'll never get tired of hearing Gomez quotes.

Cheers to you Raul Julia!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

kind of felt bad for the businessman sitting in that model train

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-raul-julia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.