(Topic ID: 206373)

Thank You Pinball Part Vendors!

By Pecos

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

As we all near the end of year, I can't help but look in arrears at my dear vendors who have helped me bring my Project Pins back to life.

I couldn't have done it without you!

Ed at Great Plains Electronics
    Jimmy and Steve at The Pinball Resource - For a parts vendor best known for supplying Gottlieb parts, I am glad that you have most of the Williams parts that I need. The way you do business is refreshing in this day and age when no one seems to trust anyone else. After the first successful purchase and payment, you invoice the parts and allow payment after the parts arrive! No one does that with the general public. I also appreciate the extra 10% discount you apply for orders over $100. I can put a $100 order together in a heartbeat!
    Terry and Margaret at Pinball Life - Love the prices on those 100 count box of #44 and #47 lamps. I go through more than one box on each Project Pin restoration so price is important to me. I will be ordering more soon.
    Steve and others at Marco Specialties - I discovered after I had ordered that I needed three more fin shank screws for the flipper bushing on a Williams Liberty Bell. I try extra hard to get all of my parts ordered up-front, but sometimes you need a part that you just plain missed. Thank you for going the extra mile to add these parts to my order!
    Bay Area Amusements - Thank you for the Jelly Belly Jelly Beans.
    Heather and Eric at Titan Pinball - Thank you for the reasonable prices of your pinballs and the assortment and quality of your competition silicone rings. Thank you for the generous holiday sale! I get a store credit each time someone buys one of my kits. I think that is a great idea!
    Ryan, Janet, Kris, & Jeff at Comet Pinball - I think that you are the ones who sent me the Nerds. Nice choice of flavors too, cherry and lemon!
    Melissa and Chris at Cointaker
    Ray J. at Action Pinball

You have all provided excellent service and parts at reasonable prices. I haven't had a bad experience with any of you and the parts arrive quickly.

Ed at Great Plains Electronics has to be my favorite though. That's probably because I am still new to fixing these early SS boards. Ed has gone above and beyond to get parts for me that are showing out of stock on the Website. I am sitting a couple of feet from my Williams Firepower and Black Knight. I never thought I would own them. I never thought I could fix them. Thanks to Vid1900 and Ed, I was able to fix them and they are my pride and joy.

Ed always answers my questions in such a way that I can understand his answers. He explains why one part is better than another and which parts can be substituted. For a relative newbie like me, this information is invaluable. His wealth of knowledge is impressive and he is always willing to share via email and here on Pinside.

Ed, your Website is a pleasure and joy to use. It's not cluttered with non-pinball parts. I can order parts from your Website in a fraction of the time it takes on the pinball non-specific sites. Honestly, I get lost on some of these Websites with 30 kinds of electrolytic capacitors from dozens of vendors. I trust you to find the best parts at the best prices and I have been very happy with both.

There is on major flaw with Ed - there is only one of him! I dread reading the list of parts that are going obsolete each year and I dread the day when Ed retires.

Seriously, you guys and gals make my life so much easier. Thank You and hope to do business with you again in 2018!

I would be remiss not to mention and thank the people who make these parts. THANK YOU!

#2 6 years ago

Thank you Pecos for supporting so many different vendors, and for this wonderfully positive post!

Happy New Year!!

1 week later
    #4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pecos:

Ed at Great Plains Electronics has to be my favorite though. That's probably because I am still new to fixing these early SS boards. Ed has gone above and beyond to get parts for me that are showing out of stock on the Website. I am sitting a couple of feet from my Williams Firepower and Black Knight. I never thought I would own them. I never thought I could fix them. Thanks to Vid1900 and Ed, I was able to fix them and they are my pride and joy.

I've been waiting on stuff to come in stock on GPE's website for a long time. I must be doing it wrong. Maybe I need to call him and tell him all the stuff I need?!

#5 6 years ago

Agreed! Love all these dealers.

11 months later
    #6 5 years ago

Once again it is time to thank pinball vendors. Add to the list this year:

David, @ballbaron, ballbaron.com. His customer service is exemplary and his Ninja balls are super shiny - gotta love a guy who takes his balls so seriously!

I have started my own pinball operator business this year, Pecos Pinball. I couldn't have done that without the help of you pinball parts vendors. Thank you for helping to make vintage pinball available to the people of Tucson!

#7 5 years ago

Yes. Kudos to Pinball Resource, B G Resto back glasses, John Greatwich play fields and back glasses, Marco Specialties, Pinball Life, Comet LEDs, Third Coast Pinball for some fantastic wire harnesses, Pinball Rescue--Australia, CPR, Great Plains Electronics, and Mirco.

#8 5 years ago

I am surprised that Mike from MAD Amusements didn't make the list.

#9 5 years ago

It’s nice to see positive posts!

Greg
    Pinballpro.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-pinball-part-vendors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.