You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HPP_003.jpg
100_0194.JPG
Hulkmod_V1_002.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Just wanted to give Patrick at Stern a shout out for his excellent customer service. I e-mailed him about the Hulk hand on my Avengers and he replied right away that he needed some info, but would take care of me. Well he did in fact and today in the mail, I got a complete package to address all Avengers LE issues. He sent me things I didn't even ask for.............Now that is good customer service! Let's face it, these games will always be rushed out the door and whether we are talking JJP & Stern, it's how they handle the issues that determine whether they are great companies. In this case, I am completely satisfied.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Just wanted to give Patrick at Stern a shout out for his excellent customer service. I e-mailed him about the Hulk hand on my Avengers and he replied right away that he needed some info, but would take care of me. Well he did in fact and today in the mail, I got a complete package to address all Avengers LE issues. He sent me things I didn't even ask for.............Now that is good customer service! Let's face it, these games will always be rushed out the door and whether we are talking JJP & Stern, it's how they handle the issues that determine whether they are great companies. In this case, I am completely satisfied.

Kiddos to him as well as he helped me out with the same goodies for my Hulk and he's informed me I'm on the list for the drop target fix for my Metallica.
Definitely a great person to deal with at Stern. Just curious how many screws did you get for the Hulk saucer fix? Mine came with one long screw and I'm thinking I need two.

#3 10 years ago

Stern's customer service has always been above the norm.

#4 10 years ago

Agreed, they get customer service right!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Just curious how many screws did you get for the Hulk saucer fix? Mine came with one long screw and I'm thinking I need two.

You got two, the first long screw you got was when you bought the game.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

That's funny!

#7 10 years ago

Stern customer service is tops.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I wonder if a similar post for a JJP machine would earn a ban vote?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if a similar post for a JJP machine would earn a ban vote?

I don't know but after the email I sent Patrick @ Stern about my Hulk LE I don't expect a reply or any parts.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm on the list for the drop target fix for my Metallica

What drop target fix?

#11 10 years ago

He has always been great with me as well.

#12 10 years ago

Yeah Stern's customer service rocks as far as I'm concerned.
They understand that when you pay thousands for a new pin, even the smallest detail should be perfect.
In my experience, they go the length.

#13 10 years ago

That's nice that he replies to your emails. He doesn't reply to mine. I have to get JJ @ GEX's help whenever I have an issue. Luckily he always comes through for me.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

That's nice that he replies to your emails. He doesn't reply to mine. I have to get JJ @ GEX's help whenever I have an issue. Luckily he always comes through for me.

Hes extremely busy so sometimes it takes more then once.. Even for me. But I'm Always happy to help too!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah Stern's customer service rocks as far as I'm concerned.
They understand that when you pay thousands for a new pin, even the smallest detail should be perfect.
In my experience, they go the length.

I am laughing so hard you are hurtin' me they went all out to get the bugs out of Avenger's LE before they boxed them and sent them out the door.

Stern takes 7K plus for a game that doesn't function that they knew had multiple problems and shipped it like that and then sends you parts for this dysfunctional game for free and I am supposed to sing their praises and talk about what great customer service they have?
What good is a new arm that is just going to get chewed up like the one you replaced?
Oh great a "free" plastic to replace the one the dysfunctional game breaks so the mech can break it again, oh goody now I have a warm fuzzy.
Forget the fact that they sold you a game that doesn't function properly and will never function properly.
It should come with a stack of those "I'm sick" flyers for operators who want to try and route this piece of crap.
Sorry, great theme and design but execution of design and build quality is a solid zero, they should have fixed it and added a switch behind Hulk instead of letting the end user screw with it and have to add a button to fix a ball trap problem they knew was there.
Yeah, it is great that they will send free parts parts you wouldn't need if the game was built properly with any of attention to detail.
You think it is a great game then bring me 58 hundred cash and load this turd up, #189 comes with ZDoor cube mod and a bunch of "free parts".
Comes with Hulk button "mod" already installed.
Also I will provide a bunch of screws, washers and some PETG "free" so you can cobble together some more fixes to keep it working.
I have it to the point where it is at least playable... for now.
I will also trade it for a nice Addams, not one that needs a playfield.

Go ahead and give me a ban vote for this post, it is what it is, Avenger's LE buyers were sold a bill of goods and I won't be buying any more new Sterns so there will be no need for their great customer service or their "free" parts.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

What drop target fix?

On my Metallica the 3 targets leading to Grave Multiball don't go down when you hit them with a direct shot. Many of us are having this problem. For me the lighter I hit them or from a backhanded shot from the left flipper seems to do the trick, but it's still frustrating as really any hit on the target should drop it down.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Agreed that was the best long screw I ever had! Lol.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Go ahead and give me a ban vote for this post, it is what it is

No need...that's your opinion and you're entitled to it...

#19 10 years ago

I'm a Chaz man myself.

#20 10 years ago

Bought a WPT with random Reset issues a few months ago. Found out thanks to this forum there was a problem with the CPU/Sound board (service bulletin #163). After a few mails exchanged with Patrick, he concluded that my board was a flawed one. He offered to repair mine. That was done within a few days, for free.

Now my game is great! Thanks Stern, thanks Patrick.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I'm a Chaz man myself.

I thought you were a BBH man; sterns best no issue game out of the box....IMO

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought you were a BBH man; sterns best no issue game out of the box....IMO

I didn't have to do anything with mine when I pulled it out of the box.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

I didn't have to do anything with mine when I pulled it out of the box.

Only issue with BBH is lifting those heavy coin boxes after the machine fill up with quarters. It was such an issue I had to buy a nearly 300 dollar bill acceptor. I never had a chance with Hulk LE as mine doesnt work enough to warrant the location space and oddly Stern will not ship me the stuff but I believe Trent will help now that he is back from Germany as he always has in the past and Stern just shipped me ACDC cannons so I am not sure why, maybe just too busy and I did remove it from location so its not a money making issue but would love to try it again. If not I will dump it at the auction soon or PM me an offer.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I never had a chance with Hulk LE as mine doesnt work enough to warrant the location space

Just get one of these to roll out under the game.

http://www.sears.com/marvel-hulk-hooded-throw-gift-blankets-sleeping-bags/p-SPM7195088608?prdNo=2

#25 10 years ago

My HULK arms are getting beat up big time. I have put mylar over the scuffs and scratches. The damage started with only 22 games being played. I have E-mailed Pat with a very friendly message about a replacing the L&R arms. That e-mail was sent two weeks ago. I have not heard a peep back from Pat. I do not want to hassle Pat but I hope he sends my the replacement.

#26 10 years ago

My HULK arms are getting beat up big time. I have put mylar over the scuffs and scratches. The damage started with only 22 games being played. I have E-mailed Pat with a very friendly message about a replacing the L&R arms. That e-mail was sent two weeks ago. I have not heard a peep back from Pat. I do not want to hassle Pat but I hope he sends my the replacement.

I am working on a mod to fix the problem once and for all but it is still in the early stages I will let you know when it is ready for sale.

Here is a pic of V1.

Hulkmod_V1_002.jpgHulkmod_V1_002.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Best post in this thread, hilarious.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I am working on a mod to fix the problem once and for all but it is still in the early stages I will let you know when it is ready for sale.
Here is a pic of V1.

You're on a roll tracelifter, good stuff.

#29 10 years ago

+1 for PP ! already said, but yes he's a nice guy for sure

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

am working on a mod to fix the problem once and for all but it is still in the early stages I will let you know when it is ready for sale.

STOP IT!! Yer killin' me!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Forget the fact that they sold you a game that doesn't function properly and will never function properly.

Mine functions properly. Has out of the box.

Quoted from tracelifter:

Oh great a "free" plastic to replace the one the dysfunctional game breaks so the mech can break it again, oh goody now I have a warm fuzzy.

My original plastic is still in there, hasn't broken.

Quoted from tracelifter:

Sorry, great theme and design but execution of design and build quality is a solid zero, they should have fixed it and added a switch behind Hulk instead of letting the end user screw with it and have to add a button to fix a ball trap problem they knew was there.

I haven't had to do that. Ball traps still happen occasionally (once every 10 games or so), which is more than should happen, but I have never had the need to wire up a button.

I get the frustration (and enjoy a good rant as much as the next person), but no need to derail a thread talking about Stern's after sale customer support with an Avengers rant. There are plenty of Avengers rant threads out there. Stern's after sales customer support has always been great in my experience.

#32 10 years ago

You must have gotten the special Avenger's LE, not the ones the rest of us got.
Sorry for the rant and you are right I shouldn't have chimed in on this lovefest.

Here is a tune to reset the mood.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

On my Metallica the 3 targets leading to Grave Multiball don't go down when you hit them with a direct shot. Many of us are having this problem. For me the lighter I hit them or from a backhanded shot from the left flipper seems to do the trick, but it's still frustrating as really any hit on the target should drop it down.

Ok... Just got mine Saturday and I noticed the same issue. I emailed Patrick so we shall see... thanks!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Did you update the code? I thought the last version of the code fixed that so it was supposed to control the arms to not raise when the lift ramp was in the position to hit the fists.

#35 10 years ago

Did you update the code?

I just purchased it 5/23/2013. 1.4. As you look at HULK figure from the front of machine the right arm of HULK as he rotates counter clockwise smashes into the plastic the covers the draw bridge mech. I put mylar on his arm to prevent more damage. The left arm of HULK his knuckle is scratched . I can not tell what the cause of the left fist is hitting . The draw bridge I assume . The photo does not show any of the damage due to low end camera. But both arms are damaged. I am over the issue as I have no clue how to fix the problem. But I would appreciate new HULK arms In case I sell the machine or I am able to rectify the issue. I did read some post were you take apart the HULK mech. And install a longer plastic washer on the two coils but It looked complicated . E-Mailed Pat Powers @ STERN on 5/26/2013 but have not heard back.

100_0194.JPG100_0194.JPG

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Here is a pic of V1.

I think i popped my spleen from laughing, thanks Eric

#37 10 years ago

I just purchased it 5/23/2013. 1.4. As you look at HULK figure from the front of machine the right arm of HULK as he rotates counter clockwise smashes into the plastic the covers the draw bridge mech. I put mylar on his arm to prevent more damage. The left arm of HULK his knuckle is scratched . I can not tell what the cause of the left fist is hitting . The draw bridge I assume . The photo does not show any of the damage due to low end camera. But both arms are damaged. I am over the issue as I have no clue how to fix the problem. But I would appreciate new HULK arms In case I sell the machine or I am able to rectify the issue. I did read some post were you take apart the HULK mech. And install a longer plastic washer on the two coils but It looked complicated . E-Mailed Pat Powers @ STERN on 5/26/2013 but have not heard back.

You need to have them send you the plastic on the right of Hulk that has the two mini posts that keep Hulk from shoving the ball under the rubber and into the cab.
Here is a pic of it with the PETG protector I made for it.

HPP_003.jpgHPP_003.jpg

#38 10 years ago

I've got some issues with my Metallica Pro that are in front of Patrick right now. Here's hoping he will provide an acceptable solution to the quality issues on my game.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You need to have them send you the plastic on the right of Hulk that has the two mini posts that keep Hulk from shoving the ball under the rubber and into the cab

Ok. My AV fix kit arrived today. And I did e-mail Pat Powers today as well about replacement of new HULK arms. They are on the way. I have not had the ball get stuck under the plastic that I am aware of. My problem is even with new HULK arms my HULK for some reason really smacks into the right plastic when he's rotation is moving counter clockwise. His arm actually hits and goes under the plastic just a little resulting in abrasions on HULKs arm. I have no Idea how to stop this. I can't be the only one that has this issue. Chime in if you please. I guess my only option is to live with it or take the assembly apart and add more plastic washers on the coil. I am a not a very good tech. So I suppose I will just follower you lead tracelifter and put new arms in coinbox.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I've got some issues with my Metallica Pro that are in front of Patrick right now. Here's hoping he will provide an acceptable solution to the quality issues on my game

Could you expand on that issues you are having. As I am considering Metallica would like feed back on tech. issues that could help me in my decision . I will say the snake with broken tooth issue with my OCD brain could drive me crazy. Pat is a great dude. So He will go to bat for you.

#41 10 years ago

Everyone is getting the knuckle scrapes on HULK, if you get replacements I would advise not installing them till a permanent fix is addressed.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

if you get replacements I would advise not installing them till a permanent fix is addressed.

When the bridge rises, I can sometimes hear a "Cling!" when his hand touches it if he raises his hand at the exact same time. So this can be addressed in software if we ever get an update.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

When the bridge rises, I can sometimes hear a "Cling!" when his hand touches it if he raises his hand at the exact same time. So this can be addressed in software if we ever get an update.

Bumping this old thread. My right knuckle (left from the players perspective) has been scraped up from when I bought the game. I bought it with old software and was under the impression the latest update was supposed to keep the arms from hitting the bridge when it raises. Well, I noticed my knuckles getting worse lately and last night I found out why. Hulk decided to start uppercutting the bridge as it is raising. It managed to jam together with the bridge mostly up and Hulk's arm raised hard enough to not let either move further or back. I dislodged them only to have it happen again. I didn't have time to dig further, but I'm assuming something must have loosened up a tad. Maybe the Hulk's opto wheel? Or maybe something with how Hulk is mounted loosened letting him rotate too far? Donno...haven't dug under it yet but hope to have time tonight. If anyone has ideas of what to look for, I appreciate it.

I really love this game, but man it does like to keep ball-kicking it's owners, doesn't it?

#44 10 years ago

In another thread, the official Gomez suggestion was to twist the bridge slightly, so that it will clear his knuckles. Obviously it just barely touches now, so a small twist should do it. I haven't done this yet.

Stern did send me a replacement arm. I'm not installing it right now though until I know no further damage will happen.

10 months later
#45 9 years ago

Patrick Powers (and his team) is the nice guy again !

got my MET last week, there was a big scratch at the back of the box, down the base, left side...
as it was NIB, i told the country dealer, and than was pointed to STERN
i explained the prob, attached some pictures, and without a doubt Patrick told me he will send me new decals

3 days later, decals are home already
even if its under warranty, i can say this is really serious

again, when its not good or you get a prob, its logical as a customer to say that you're not happy...
but in the other way, when things goes OK, it cost nothing to also say it... and add a big TANX !

in french we have an expression who said "un mot un geste et Patrick fait le reste"
i think i can translate as it : "one word one call and Patrick do the job"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-patrick-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.