(Topic ID: 310822)

Thank you Ken Layton

By Sea_Wolf

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203B1672-4F4B-4479-8001-613E0F3055C6 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

The great ones are never gone and this site keeps their legacies alive.

Finally got around to rebuilding the flippers on my Space Mission and of course the former owner had greased up the coil plungers making it almost impossible to remove the old gunked up sleeve. This one wasn’t burnt stuck but it was not moving.

Instead of replacing the good coil, Ken posted this trick awhile back and sure enough it worked for me as well as the Pinsider in the old thread.

Thanks Ken.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-coil-sleeve-stuck-in-coil-any-tricks-to-get-it-out#post-4524383

203B1672-4F4B-4479-8001-613E0F3055C6 (resized).jpeg203B1672-4F4B-4479-8001-613E0F3055C6 (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

That's great. He was incredibly generous with his help and a great guy. I refer to his past posts for help all the time.

#3 2 years ago

I was looking on KLOV for a replacement gun for a Silver Dollar Shooter gum ball machine, and low an behold, there was an older thread on the topic and Ken had advice for those. Seeing his name really bummed me out, and I’ve never met him. A wealth of knowledge lost in the sands of time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-ken-layton- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.