Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

d2_041.JPG
Craigs_Tommy_Poster.jpg
tommy_pinball_061.JPG
tommy_pinball_059.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, I got the Tommy pinball a couple of days ago. It will be something I will cherish forever. I can't say enough how grateful I am to all who made this possible. It truly is a beautiful pin in exceptional shape. I love the poster as well. Many people here reached out to me to help me through this difficult time and I will always remember the support I was given by you guys on pinside. Having the Tommy pinball as a tribute to my son makes me feel good and it will always be there as a reminder to all of the good times I had with Tommy. I look forward to enjoying games with my daughter and other friends and family in the future.
Special thanks to Craig for organizing the whole thing and to the support he has given me, and also to Evan for providing such a nice pin. Thanks once again to all here as well.

tommy_pinball_059.JPGtommy_pinball_059.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Awesome. I feel privileged to have been a small part of it.

Looks amazing Don.

Cheers,
Greg

#3 10 years ago

Here is the poster. I will probably move it to where the coors tin is but I have that sticky taped to the wall and will have to move it.

tommy_pinball_061.JPGtommy_pinball_061.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Thrilled to see this in its rightful place, Don! Thanks again to the over 150 Pinside donors.

I have the poster up now at the side of my pin lineup. Thanks to Flashinstinct for taking the lead on that and to Joe and Bill for their generous assistance.

So happy to see this all come together.

#5 10 years ago

Glad it is helping bring you peace Don... enjoy brother!

#6 10 years ago

Best add that to your collection on Pinside, Don.

Glad the game arrived and you're enjoying it.

Luke

#8 10 years ago

Who took the picture.? Nice to see your enjoying it.!!

#9 10 years ago

My wife took the picture. Thanks flashinstinct for your work on the poster and to Joe and Bill.

#11 10 years ago

This is what's it about guys. Thanks for the post!

#12 10 years ago

Here's my poster, at the Gottlieb/DE/Stern side of the lineup:
Craigs_Tommy_Poster.jpgCraigs_Tommy_Poster.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Enjoy the Tommy Don, and thanks to Craig for doing something great!

#14 10 years ago

Freakin Awesome!

#15 10 years ago

So glad to see the machine made it to you and the tribute is giving you some measure of enjoyment. Pinside grieves with you. Good luck and let us know if you need anything.

#16 10 years ago

BUT WHERE ARE THE PROPELLERS?

#17 10 years ago

I am glad I could be part of this Tommy memorial pin. Enjoy your new game Don.

#18 10 years ago

Very cool. Very very cool.

#19 10 years ago

So glad to see this all come to fruition, enjoy your Tommy Don!! Thanks again for putting this all together Craig! Looking forward to the Tommy poster too!

#20 10 years ago

Glad to of been able to be a small part of this. I hope you enjoy it and remember all the good memories. Congrats, and thanks to all those who helped

#21 10 years ago

Enjoy the Tommy!!! Love the custom poster as well.

#22 10 years ago

Morning bump for donors who didn't see Don's message last night.

#23 10 years ago

Thanks for the bump Craig....and all the work you did in getting Don this great tribute pin.

#24 10 years ago

Happy to help Enjoy Tommy

#25 10 years ago

Awesomeness! Bill shipped out the posters last week so people should be starting to get them

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Here is the poster. I will probably move it to where the coors tin is but I have that sticky taped to the wall and will have to move it.

Hey Don
It was the least I could do brother. Enjoy it and I think it looks great where it sits now. KUDOS to all involved..Craig and FlashInstinct and to all who contributed and made this happen. May the memory of your son live on.

TOMMY!

-Joe

#27 10 years ago

Don you are very welcome. Hope you enjoy and make some new memories with your daughter.
As for the posters they have shipped and should be arriving any day.

Bill

#28 10 years ago

You are welcome Don. I'm glad you like it. I almost bought that very machine at one time, but I'm glad I didn't. My plate was rather full at the time. It is a nice example just the same.

#29 10 years ago

Glad to be a part of this also. Don, I've never met you, but reading your story brought tears to my eyes. I have a 17 yr old son and I can't ever imagine losing him. Like you said, this pinball machine will be a great reminder of the generosity of the folks here on pinside, but more importantly a reminder of your great son. My thoughts are with you.

Mike

#30 10 years ago

I am just catching up on this story, but it warms my heart to know that Pinside came together to help one of our own in need. Just goes to show that among the price police there are some good people around here. Only kidding of course. Thanks to all for showing me that there is some good left in the world.

#31 10 years ago

This is an amazing story. Wonderful! Enjoy, remember and play.

#32 10 years ago

Glad you like it. Next time I find a Tommy to play, I'll dedicate that game to your son.

#33 10 years ago

It was an honor to help Sir. I hope you enjoy your Tommy!

#34 10 years ago

This is a great community! Pulling together to help one of our own. Way to go Pinside! Honored and happy to help out Don. Play it in good spirits.

#35 10 years ago

Very glad to pinch in help out as well, enjoy it. What a wonderful thing that this community has done for one of their own and proud to be part of it. Once again my condolences Don to you and the family.

Mike DH NYC

#36 10 years ago

This is great to see Don, I hope it brings you many years of joy. Out thoughts are with you and your family.

#37 10 years ago

You are more than welcome Don, enjoy the game.

#38 10 years ago

Only a replaceable object to remind us of the irreplaceable.

#39 10 years ago

I went down to my parents house in Delaware for the night with my daughter and we brought the my Monopoly pin with us to put in the club house of their retirement community. Its set up for .50 and 3 games for $1. All of the proceeds are going to The Freedom House in NJ to help recovering addicts. My dad has really been struggling with what happened and I know this made him feel a little better and I know my parents enjoyed seeing me and my daughter. You guys really made this all happen. I felt like I had to do something in honor of what you guys did for me.

d2_041.JPGd2_041.JPG

#40 10 years ago

Fantastic picture Don! It's great to see this and I hope that the proceeds can help make the difference in one person's life so that there is one less sad story and one less loved one that someone will need to say goodbye to before their time.

My hat's off to you Don.

#41 10 years ago

Wonderful. Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing the pic, Don. Reminds me a bit of my dad.

#42 10 years ago

I miss my dad.

#43 10 years ago

Me, too. Every day.

#44 10 years ago

This has been a great story and I am glad I could be part of it. To bad it will never make the front page news instead of all the crap going on in this world. Enjoy the Pin Don and cherish the memories

Quoted from o-din:

I miss my dad.

Me also cherish the days you have family with you because you never know when they might not be there

#45 10 years ago

Amen brother.

#46 10 years ago

I miss my dad for over 18 years now im a dad of a 21 son & a 20 daughter I and spend a lot of time with both but I cant talk them into playing pinball enjoy what you have you just never know

Don, its great to see some joy come out from this

#47 10 years ago

By the window? What about fade?

#48 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing Don, and glad to be part of it as well as your story touched people not just in the Sates but all over the world.

Thanks to Craig and Flashinstinct and everyone who chipped in for such a great act of kindness and heart.

#49 10 years ago

Congrats Don, enjoy the pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-for-the-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.