(Topic ID: 91117)

THANK YOU AURICH! Everyone (esp.Shadow owners) please read.

By TheDarkKnight68

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Dmod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YTMND.jpg
image-810.jpg
ThankYouAurich!.jpeg
article-2320347-19A5E53B000005DC-429_634x620.jpg
reacharound.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi guys and gals, I just wanted to start a thread where we can thank Aurich for his hard work on the translite project. And everything else he does to support everyone in the hobby and on the site. I purchased a 100$ GC to pinballife on all of our behalves; a glaringly small token of our appreciation of his awesomeness. Please "sign the card" on this thread. It is NOT necessary to say anything whatsoever to me- lets keep this on topic as a "thank you Aurich" for the many things you do thread. So let me be the first-

Aurich, it isn't said enough, but thank you for all the support, time, love, and the wonderful insight that you so willingly give every day. You're the man. Thank you!!

#2 9 years ago

Aurich your work is great.
What a great gesture Dark Knight.
Cyber Reach Arounds for you two dudes from this guy!
Wooooooooo
reacharound.jpgreacharound.jpg
Cheers
PChop

#3 9 years ago

Aurich , you do make some cool stuff, thanks for the translite & Junkyard cards.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

thank you for all the support, time, love,

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

#5 9 years ago

I'll second that! Aurich's Shadow translite is awesome! I dare say that it is partly the cause of the recent uptick in the value of The Shadow. I think without a (shadow of) doubt it is the single best non-official translite ever created. So, thank you again Aurich!

#6 9 years ago

Aurich did an amazing job on that translite pack. Its beautiful. But my thanks to him was the money I paid to buy it . It's not that I don't appreciate it. But it wasn't charity on his part.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Haha, it happens... I was going to put "we all know LOVE is spelled T I M E and Aurich gives A LOT of love everyday", but I didn't want you to full on vomit.

#8 9 years ago

Quoted from markmon:

But it wasn't charity on his part.

Nope, I charge for all the time and effort these things take, never been shy about that fact. I couldn't talk TheDarkKnight68 out of it, so I'll just say that I appreciate the gesture even if it wasn't necessary, and I'm happy for it to all end up in Terry's pocket.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Haha, it happens... I was going to put "we all know LOVE is spelled T I M E and Aurich gives A LOT of love everyday", but I didn't want you to full on vomit.

It read like a Mother's Day card. lol

I've met Aurich, and I've seen his TS translite in person. Both are pretty cool.

#10 9 years ago

Indeed, not trying to start a trend here, nor trying to coerse anyone... Although I am sure he makes a little on the trans packages (and rightly so), I doubt it's a huge amount, and he is just one helluva helpful guy. I wish to encourage that behavior, and be thankful when I see it wherever possible. 100 bucks ain't much, not about the $$ as much as the appreciation of the total package. Lots of guys on here that deserve a little recognition for their wonderful attitudes and helpfulness (your name is on that list for sure markmon!!). Im just starting with Aurich, as the translites just got done and he is top of mind. Thanks again Aurich! You are an asset to the hobby.

#11 9 years ago

Aurich is quite talented as an artist and could start a decent small side business making more translite type packages for more machines.

#12 9 years ago

I hear he mixes a mean cocktail as well....

#13 9 years ago

Dear Aurich: Thanks for not sucking at Photoshop!

#14 9 years ago

seeing Aurich's work..i jumped in line first for ST (aint that right Aurich).

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I hear he mixes a mean cocktail as well....

lol. Next party we're all drinking sazeracs!

Quoted from Vyzer2:

seeing Aurich's work..i jumped in line first for ST (aint that right Aurich).

You're making me feel bad now for being so far behind on that. Real life has just been busy lately, not as much time for fun photoshopping and painting. I just need to get it done in time for the new code to drop!

#16 9 years ago

Aurich has made us all so very happy!
article-2320347-19A5E53B000005DC-429_634x620.jpgarticle-2320347-19A5E53B000005DC-429_634x620.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Friends don't let friends do Baldwins.

Thanks Aurich!

#18 9 years ago

Thanks so much, Aurich!

#19 9 years ago

Aurich's work is amazing! I can't wait to get the Demolition Man

#20 9 years ago

Great jesture DarkKnight, we are all appreciative.!!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from M055781:

Aurich's work is amazing! I can't wait to get the Demolition Man

#22 9 years ago

"Ohhhhh thank you Mr. Aurich for dropping my face from your new Shadow pinball thingy! Say, did you know I have friends that live near you? They're going to stop by and say "Thank-You" personally for me one of these nights!"

ThankYouAurich!.jpegThankYouAurich!.jpeg
#23 9 years ago

image-810.jpgimage-810.jpg

#24 9 years ago

YTMND.jpgYTMND.jpg

#25 9 years ago

I can't believe the transformation of my machine after your translite package! Awesome work!

#26 9 years ago

I don't have a Shadow and never met him in person, but Aurich seems like a solid guy and it's a cool name. That's all I have to contribute.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I don't have a Shadow and never met him in person, but Aurich seems like a solid guy and it's a cool name. That's all I have to contribute.

Even if I rib you about your Star Trek hatred?

#28 9 years ago

I agree Aurich is a cool name. I actually thought it was something he made up just for his username, didn't think that sh*t was real!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree Aurich is a cool name. I actually thought it was something he made up just for his username, didn't think that sh*t was real!

lol, I won't embarrass the Pinsider who I met the first time (and is now a friend) who said, "It's nice to meet you Aurich, now what's your real name?"

I was the kid who never had his name pronounced correctly the first day of class (sounds like "Oric" FYI) but it's pretty handy now to be able to post under my own name, don't generally need to worry that someone else already took it.

#30 9 years ago

It's OK that Aurich goes by his screen name IRL, but the fact that he walks around looking like his avatar is a bit creepy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thank-you-aurich-shadow-owners-please-read and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.