(Topic ID: 152860)

TH Ramp issue at Jackbar in NYC (photos)

By lowepg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Manly_Essence_(resized).jpg
metallica_ramp_(resized).jpg
IMG_1735_(resized).jpg
IMG_1739_(resized).jpg
simpsons-pitchforks_(resized).jpg
again_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2016-02-22-15-02-51_(resized).png
DESW_doubleweld_(resized).jpg
detail_(resized).JPG
2016-02-21_18.52.23_(resized).jpg
23_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpeg
th2_(resized).jpg
th1_(resized).jpg
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Most of the newer multi-flipper games have dedicated shots (which I like), but I really enjoy the extra flippers on games like Fathom, EBD and Power Play too. Shot angle can make a big difference in the shot risk.

That is true and TH does seem more like a throw back layout.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I stand corrected.
Will those games be going to the people that paid up front or to the new money distributors first while the preorder people wait like they did with WOZ?

One of them is mine. I ordered directly from JJP early on the morning of Day1. I have the 40th game off the line with playfield #40 and it is Gold Smaug #825. I am just a regular pinhead and not a "new money distributor".

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wrong.
See all those games lined up in the pictures, almost ready to go ? 40 minutes a game to remove the ramps, and all are now waiting on new ramps to replace the ones removed.
Minor delay. Hobbits coming soon.
LTG : )

And this is why I'm happy to purchase from JJP, thanks for doing it right guys!

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I stand corrected.
Will those games be going to the people that paid up front or to the new money distributors first while the preorder people wait like they did with WOZ?

mmmmm smells like troll... in fact, most people who 'jumped the line' w woz bought games from folks who put money down early. Why do people assume only end-users bought in early? Distributors and resellers did as well so they'd have games to mark up and sell...

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

mmmmm smells like troll... in fact, most people who 'jumped the line' w woz bought games from folks who put money down early. Why do people assume only end-users bought in early? Distributors and resellers did as well so they'd have games to mark up and sell...

Standards were built and sold to keep the cash flowing to finish up the preordered greenies.
I just wanted to see how many thumbs downs I would get from the fanbois for simply stating the facts.
The JJP Kool Aid is potent in all of the JJP threads that is why I usually read and laugh but don't post.
I have had people PM me asking how to fix the light boards and I would tell them I don't have any idea but send a pic of them to Jack and see what he can do.

#156 8 years ago

I'm not sure why anyone would want to "see how many down votes I would get" but if that is what you seek I wish you luck. 'Seems a bit odd though.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure why anyone would want to "see how many down votes I would get" but if that is what you seek I wish you luck. 'Seems a bit odd though.

You missed the "from the fanbois for simply stating the facts" part or intentionally left it off of your quote.
Thanks for helping me prove my point though.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I just wanted to see how many thumbs downs I would get from the fanbois for simply stating the facts.

Ive never been accused of being a JJp fanboy, and I still think you're trolling THIS thread.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ive never been accused of being a JJp fanboy, and I still think you're trolling THIS thread.

Of course you do, anytime anybody injects a little reality into a JJP thread that person is automatically called a troll, that is a given.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Standards were built and sold to keep the cash flowing to finish up the preordered greenies.

What Tracelifter says is accurate. People had been waiting for years for their preordered games and new buyers were receiving their games first.

There were lots of posts on Pinside about it at the time.

Hopefully with the new cash injection at JJP we won't see the same thing again.

rd

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I stand corrected.

The same local distro that I got 3 woz from in the beginning is bragging that he will have 5 hobbits this week.

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sorry this isn't an assumption. I know exactly what went down early on woz. The "distributor" that got his 10 paid only for them that week and the distributor and Jack made up a lie that the distributor actually paid for les in preorder and traded them for standards. It's just how it will go down. They need to make more money to satisfy the preorder order fulfillments. Hopefully this time they won't tell stupid lies and just fess up to it.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The same local distro that I got 3 woz from in the beginning is bragging that he will have 5 hobbits this week.

I was going to mention you in my post, as I remembered you had bought some and "jumped the queue" so to speak.

I remember others doing it too.

rd

#164 8 years ago

pre-order and ramp shenanigans aside, i think the game is pretty damn production ready. it needs LOTS of code improvement, but if woz is any barometer that shouldn't be an issue. in keefer we trust?

signed,
not a fanboy

#165 8 years ago

Yep!
Only buying this pin because of KEFs LOTR, TSPP and WOZ. Even if it's the weakest of the 4 it will still be amazing.
Blind trust in him

#166 8 years ago

I'm pleasantly surprised at the latest WOZ code. It really polished up the gameplay. If TH is going to be the same, it should turn out really well. I hope JJP give Keith the time to do this.

#167 8 years ago

HOBBIT RAMP ISSUES AN EASY FIX!

Lets keep this thread about the 'RAMP ISSUES ONLY' or it dilutes from the problem that needs to get sorted, the points I will raise are only made from briefly looking at the photos shown and my observation of the issues that could arise and possible ways JJp could resolve them.
hopefully they have not made too many already as it is an easy fix to add to the existing design, but would need new bases cutout.

- All 4 ramp lead edges are exposed without sufficient reflect protection including the 2 next to the newton ball, with the strike of the ball hitting these edges over a period of time this could cause vibration damage not only to the edges but the rest of the connected parts, the walls next to the newton ball maybe an issue to fix due to other local part constraints but they will need some sort of protection.

-The ramp base with the letter cutouts should have tabs on sides bent up at 90' to the ramp walls, the walls would then sit in the internal bend and could be 'seam welded at the base' as it has been done already, the tab would take the majority of side way hit force from the welded joint, the tabs could be the same height as the ramp walls as they wouldn't be visible, I would put 6 tabs evenly spaced on each ramp on both sides, the tabs could be spot welded to the wall side middle for extra strength but this could cause an aesthetic issue as it discolors the stainless and could look patchy. they could also be riveted in brass/gold rivets to add an extra design feature but at the top of the wall to prevent any contact with the ball.

I have not looked into any other possible weak points of the hobbit if you have any areas u would like me to look into detail let me know.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sorry this isn't an assumption. I know exactly what went down early on woz. The "distributor" that got his 10 paid only for them that week and the distributor and Jack made up a lie that the distributor actually paid for les in preorder and traded them for standards. It's just how it will go down. They need to make more money to satisfy the preorder order fulfillments. Hopefully this time they won't tell stupid lies and just fess up to it.

Yeah, I wasn't challenging the statement, just the choice to bring up that YEARS old claim in a thread about a ramp failure.
Seems like the line jumping issue has been well covered.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah, I wasn't challenging the statement, just the choice to bring up that YEARS old claim in a thread about a ramp failure.

Every JJP claim is years old, why does this one bug you?

#170 8 years ago

And back to the RAMP ISSUE!

#171 8 years ago

I can't find it in this thread but didn't Lloyd post a picture of a bunch on Hobbit in the line waiting for the ramp fix? He said 40 minutes per game, no big deal and finishing will continue.

Quoted from PIN_ENG:

YES SIR, pretty forceful for just joining this morning yet making two posts in this thread.

Here, post #148 in this thread. So what else is there to discuss until installed?

Quoted from LTG:

Wrong.
See all those games lined up in the pictures, almost ready to go ? 40 minutes a game to remove the ramps, and all are now waiting on new ramps to replace the ones removed.
Minor delay. Hobbits coming soon.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

He said 40 minutes per game

40 minutes a game to remove them. Already done. I don't know how long to put the new ones in. My opinion - I suspect a two week burp in rolling out the door, with new and improved ramps.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

40 minutes a game to remove them. Already done. I don't know how long to put the new ones in. My opinion - I suspect a two week burp in rolling out the door, with new and improved ramps.

Thanks for the the replacement update LTG hopefully the new ones are designed to withstand the test of time, and with regards to the ramp edges without any protection how and when will that be resolved?

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I can't find it in this thread but didn't Lloyd post a picture of a bunch on Hobbit in the line waiting for the ramp fix? He said 40 minutes per game, no big deal and finishing will continue.
PIN_ENG said:
YES SIR, pretty forceful for just joining this morning yet making two posts in this thread.
Here, post #148 in this thread. So what else is there to discuss until installed?

Smells like a certain x-members activity style to me. Stay tuned.

#175 8 years ago

Kaneda sighting???

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Kaneda sighting???

Doubt it. Not from the content of the post, games or style.

#177 8 years ago

Of course JJP has to be very aware of the impact of further delays on TH; I'm pleased that despite this pressure they did the right thing by pulling the ramps and going for the re-work on them. Good decision folks.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Of course JJP has to be very aware of the impact of further delays on TH

I gave up waiting for the pin and finally watched Hobbit3.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from PIN_ENG:

I have not looked into any other possible weak points of the hobbit if you have any areas u would like me to look into detail let me know.

Look at the rest of the game where the ball comes in contact with anything and write up a detailed analysis of all the issues that may arise.
And start a new thread so your write up won't dilute this thread.

#180 8 years ago

Hey....

What happened to my amigo Tracelifter?

Says deactivated

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

His last post says it was moderated a day ago.

So maybe he didn't like not being able to crap in JJP threads ?

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I gave up waiting for the pin and finally watched Hobbit3.

In fairness, NewLine and MGM were contractually obligated to release the film prior to the pinball machine.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

His last post says it was moderated a day ago.
So maybe he didn't like not being able to crap in JJP threads ?

Ohhhhhh....
I musta missed that.
I'm just used to most people crappin everywhere

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm just used to most people crappin everywhere

Two words: "Chicago Sunroof"

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hey....
Says deactivated

Not the first time :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-tracelifter#post-2432942

#186 8 years ago

Holy guacamole,
I read thru that thread & there's like tons of people who posted in it that are gone.
Like: Frozen, deactivated, etc...

Wow, was wondering where some of those folks vanished to

#187 8 years ago

This is the only site I frequent where I try pretty hard not to get into conversations and just stick to information exchange. It's not for lack of spunk but the corrosiveness gets old fast. I tried to wrap my head around it but I'm an asshole and this is my hobby so feigning surprise when I meet other assholes isn't going to fix anything.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I stand corrected.

LOL. "First troll didn't work, let's see how this one plays out."

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

This is the only site I frequent where I try pretty hard not to get into conversations and just stick to information exchange. It's not for lack of spunk but the corrosiveness gets old fast. I tried to wrap my head around it but I'm an asshole and this is my hobby so feigning surprise when I meet other assholes isn't going to fix anything.

We're all assholes!

Manly_Essence_(resized).jpgManly_Essence_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/th-ramp-issue-at-jackbar-in-nyc-photos/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.