Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ika
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Potentially looking to trade my TFTC for a NF.

The NF is pretty faded, but looks decent.

Just looking for game play. I do like TFTC and I love that it's very difficult to beat. I've played NF a couple times.

Thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

I really like NF. It's a great fast and flowing machine with very little stop/go. The modes are varied and fun. I'd say it's a good trade to make on your end, but I've never really got along with TFTC..

#3 9 years ago

I kinda like that NF has no pops. Just fast.

I do think some of these DE games are great though. Like TFTC and gnr. I'd love a tommy someday.

#4 9 years ago

TFTC has a fantastic theme and tons to do, but at the end of the day it's not an amazing pin. With that said, I found NF to be painfully boring. I feel like it's over-saturated with loops and ramps to the point that it's just too much.

If you're looking to trade TFTC, I would wait for a better title.

#5 9 years ago

I think TFTC is better than NF, but if you're done with TFTC it makes sense to move on. Both are fun. I'd say TFTC would have a couple hundred coming its way in a trade of equal condition.

#6 9 years ago

Rumour is new code is coming for TFTC--I'd hang on to it just for that reason...

#7 9 years ago

God's would shine on me that rumor is true.... Elobarate please?????

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

God's would shine on me that rumor is true.... Elobarate please?????

There has been some serious hinting at a TFTC rom update by ChadH who previously modded the rom for DE Star Wars and has been working on modding the Jurassic Park rom as well.

There is a bit of talk periodically about it in the TFTC club thread. ChadH seems to like to come back to the thread every now and again just to stir shit up.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

There has been some serious hinting at a TFTC rom update by ChadH who previously modded the rom for DE Star Wars and has been working on modding the Jurassic Park rom as well.
There is a bit of talk periodically about it in the TFTC club thread. ChadH seems to like to come back to the thread every now and again just to stir shit up.

Interesting. I think Crypt's code is pretty solid as it is. Very interested to see what he changes.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I kinda like that NF has no pops. Just fast.
I do think some of these DE games are great though. Like TFTC and gnr. I'd love a tommy someday.

It's crazy fast when clean and waxed, lots of flow like others said. You know you want to trade!

#11 9 years ago

My wife and daughter-in-law play No Fear more than any game I have (MM, Congo TAF, ACDC, IM, LOTR, CFTBL, BSD, BoP, WWF, HSII, WW, RG )Getting the modes completed and starting the wizard modes is fun, and multiballs are crazy fast and furious. Racking up superjackpots by looping the upper jump ramp is very rewarding).

1 month later
#12 9 years ago

I find NF too shallow for any longevity. TFTC is deeper pin. NF is crazy fast and flowy. TFTC is IMHO better all around pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vs-nf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.