• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141207_143554.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just sold a game and am looking to replace it with a different title. I think I have narrowed it down to two different titles: Tales from the Crypt and Judge Dredd. I have played both a little, but not extensively. I know they are both good, but wanted some opinions on which to go with; even though I don't think I could go wrong with either one.

I really like the Superpin widebodys, JD would look nice next to my Demolition Man. I just watched a video on Tales from the Crypt. I really like when a jackpot is scored that someone gets sawed in half on the DMD with a chainsaw, but I think the constant cackling laugh of the Crypt Keeper may get on my nerves.

What are your opinions?

Thanks!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Crypt Keeper's cackling gets really old, really fast. JD is fast, has lots of shots and good theme integration. JD has been called out by many people as one of the best remaining bang-for-the-buck pins.
Bottom line, it really is a matter of personal preference. Play them both again and see what you like best.

I believe that call out on Dredd and the price rise is definitely evidence of that. That's a good point on playing both of them again, I know a guy who has both of them in his basement, just need to get him to invite me over to play them! LOL

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Really now.....?
Local to the Cincy-Dayton area?
I thought the TFTC I owned was the only one local to our area ._. .....

Yep, they are about ten feet from each other in his basement. Another reason I like TFTC and JD is he is the only one that I know of that has either one of them; both good games and rarely seen in collections compared to the big names: MB, MM, ACDC, TAF, TZ, IJ, etc, which I like all of those also, but way out of my price range.

Post edited by pindude80

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sloppy sloppy....you have TAF in your collection .

I know and I love TAF, but have played the wheels off of it. I like the bang for the buck sleepers that you don't see all the time, like Dirty Harry, or maybe I just like them because they are the only games I can afford

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

People are starting to figure out that dredd is a great game and the price is slowly creeping up there

My thought exactly! I better grab one now while I can since the price keeps rising!

Quoted from bigd1979:

cant wait for color dmd for it to take it to the next level.

Definitely would be awesome! Have they announced or hinted that they will be releasing it?

#24 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I grew up in the 80s/90s being a big fan of the cheesy horror movies of the time so I definitely like that, but I think I'm going to have to go with my gut and what it sounds like the consensus is and go with Dredd. If I can't find one in the next few weeks I have an offer on a TFTC and don't think I will be disappointed that I got one, but it may not be a keeper, we'll see.

I appreciate everyone's opinion and feel free to keep contributing to this thread.

Thanks!

#33 9 years ago

I said I want the JD so let's quit arguing about the ramp entrance "cackle" switch, and find me a nice Judge Dredd in Cincinnati for a cheap price!

#48 9 years ago

Let's get this thread fired back up!

What is fair price on a Judge Dredd in fair condition. Just your average routed game that isn't beat into the ground, but not collector quality either, with the topper if that matters, doesn't matter to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 64.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vs-judge-dredd?tu=pindude80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.