• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141207_143554.jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Is 4 judges in multiball just 4 jackpots? you have to drop 2 targets covering the hole and hit the hole and do that 4 times over and that's it?

It is not that easy. You must hit the left ramp to light jackpot and then hit the subway behind the center target to contain each judge. Sounds simple enough, but the subway shot then deposits the ball to the left flipper. You can get the ball back to the right flipper by shooting the right ramp, but you must also control the other balls that are left in multiball at the same time. I usually just go at it in wild abandon and try to contain at least one judge before the planet completely unloads.

If you have the game set up properly, it should present a challenge each time.

#52 9 years ago

^^
Definitely a cool feature about JD multiball. Data Easts have a heavy lunky feel to me and just on build quality alone, JD > TFTC. Both are great games, have great themes and modes, but flow goes to JD.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Is 4 judges in multiball just 4 jackpots? you have to drop 2 targets covering the hole and hit the hole and do that 4 times over and that's it?
While very humorous and often unconventional in layout I find one real flaw (not a flaw per se, just that I find it too simple) with Trudeau games - simple multiball. Simple jackpot shot, simple super, no doubles, double supers, changing shots, stages....
In Flintstones it's center lane for jackpot, left flipper shot for super and super is unbalancing (you even get it set up with jackpot shot)
In Congo regular multiball, it's left ramp all the way, right ramp is hard to hit and redundant, can't remember if its this mb that has mineshaft for super.
as a neutral observer, I analyzed both games for a potential purchase, and while I find Judge Dredd them, artwork, music, flipper layout, super game and price better, TFTC still seems like a game with a tad better rules and better used estate.

Yes, but it's not THAT easy. It's actually fairly tough. You can say similar things about all multiballs of the era. For example, in IJ...hit left ramp, then right for jackpot 3 times, then pound captive ball for supers. Easy right?? No, still difficult.

#54 9 years ago

I think it is one of the funnest multi balls in pinball. Total mayhem. The music is cool too. Once you have contained three judges and Judge Death starts taunting you, it gets even better.

#55 9 years ago

I agree that Dredd's multiball isn't particularly deep, but it beats a lot of other multiballs out there. But when you consider that the Ultimate Challenge is a continuation of the multiball then it suddenly becomes a pretty deep one. Getting all 4 jackpots isn't easy, then getting a good number of jackpots in the subsequent Ultimate Challenge requires cradling and spamming the Sniper Tower — not exactly easy either.

So it's not a technical multiball but it is plenty deep IMO.

#56 9 years ago

Completing 9 chain link modes to get to the 6 ball ultimate challenge is challenging as well. Some of those modes are pretty easy and others it would be easy enough to just let them time out, but you don't want to do that because they are fun and that is where you get your points.

Play a supergame with it's super multiballs, complete regular multiball, complete the chain links, and I guarantee you will be a little bit worn out. It is a lot of work.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Play a supergame with it's super multiballs, complete regular multiball, complete the chain links, and I guarantee you will be a little bit worn out. It is a lot of work.

Agreed.

#58 9 years ago

Back when this game was on route there was a Bally heath spa across the street from the arcade. I used to joke that when I needed a workout, I would just play my Bally instead of going to Bally's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,858 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomington, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-vs-judge-dredd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.