(Topic ID: 66637)

TFTC versus Flintstones, which is a better game?

By ThePostmaster

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by brad808
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game is better, TFTC or Flintstones”

• TFTC 39 votes
    57%
  • Flintsones 27 votes
    40%
  • TFTC is better, but FLintstones is worth more $$$ 2 votes
    3%
  • Flintstones is better, but TFTC is worth more $$$ 0 votes

(68 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

the-golden-girls.jpg
image.jpg
flintstones_alt.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Which game is a better overall game? I have a TFTC, and was offered a Flintstones, even trade (both in excellent shape). They are in the same condition. I love my TFTC. I've never played/seen a Flintstones. I'm guessing that TFTC would be an easier sell, when that time comes.

Would love some input, game play, values, looks. Any input is welcomed. Thanks,

ThePostmaster

Post edited by ThePostmaster : added description of condition

#2 6 years ago

Tftc. Not even close.

#3 6 years ago

TFTC hands down. FS sucks dino bone.

#4 6 years ago

In a small collection, TFTC blows away Flintstones. There are some unique bits of gameplay to FS, but the software is seriously buggy and the game is pretty darn easy.

In a bigger collection, a lot of the DE titles do "feel" alike. I had my Tommy and JP by one another, and had to move Tommy because it plays so similarly to JP in rules, which is the one thing that B/W did well in making all their titles feel so different. FS definitely has a different feel to it.

Having said that, I guess I'd consider myself having a bigger collection at this point, and I would add a TFTC if the offer presented itself but have no interest of ever having a FS.

#5 6 years ago

Flintstones is better. TFTC is a data east clunkfest. FS go for high 2's while TFTC will always be a low teens game.

#6 6 years ago

Flintstones is a lot better game. TFTC sucks. There is a reason FS goes for 2500-3k and tftc can be had for low teens. Because tftc is garbage. Enough said.

#7 6 years ago

TFTC does NOT suck. It's an amazing game with so many modes and rules. Sure it's a Data East with the ball flying all over the place... but it's a fantastic game and I'm a member of the "Fang Club".

Flintstones is ONLY good with the alt translite... if you know what I mean

#8 6 years ago

TFTC all day, every day...
The groovin' bass line alone is worth the purchase!
Fret not Postmaster, you're always welcome to play my LOTR, just don't forget to bring the TFTC!

#9 6 years ago

I really like both but fs is a great Williams pinball machine beside flinstones pinball that you don't see often for sale and tftc you'll always find one for sale .....both good do !

#10 6 years ago

Unbalanced scoring kills FS (multiball trumps everything else), but it's pretty solid other than that and has several unique and fun features (bowling and smart ramps). TFTC is great, but the sound can get annoying and it is a little clunky. FS is worth about $500-$1000 more than TFTC IMO.

#11 6 years ago

Again

TFTC RULES.... Flintstones is ALMOST as good if....

flintstones_alt.jpg
#12 6 years ago

Wow! Don't know why I'm surprised to see so many Flintstones apologists here. Guess it's Williams fanboyism. Why not look at the ratings? Tftc is 58th on pinside , flintstones is 93, on ipdb it's just as obvious. Tftc is 43rd and flintstones 69th. Only reason flintstones commands a price even close to a Tftc is the Williams name on the cabinet. It certainly isn't the license, unless you're just a big Rosie fan.

#13 6 years ago

I like both games for different reasons but TFTC wins this no question.

FS is a fun game also but really wish it was the cartoon especially when it comes to callouts.

#14 6 years ago

hey jkap what planet r u from. show me a nice tftc for low teens ill believe its planet earth. on the other hand ive had 2 0pputunities on a flintstones here on pinside in the last couple months for 1700 and 1800. brand means nothing in this house, fun factor rules. still rockin those jordaches???

#15 6 years ago

I own both, and TFTC blows. FS a fun game after you play for a while an get to know it but is nothing great. But still better than TFTC, which will be my next game to go

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

still rockin those jordaches???

Jordaches still are a lot of fun

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I own both, and TFTC blows. FS a fun game after you play for a while an get to know it but is nothing great. But still better than TFTC, which will be my next game to go

If you're looking to unload your Tftc, lemme know.

#18 6 years ago

actually love flinstones also, 2 fun games in my opinion. couldnt go wrong either way. anyone got a nice 1 for sale for under 2000 n/e pa. let me know. the 2 i looked at recently were not worth the asking price because of flaws on the playfield. thanks. as far as callouts i believe tftc has some of the best, campy horror fits pinball like my tool fits my wifes....

#19 6 years ago

pic above is what fs should of been. if i ever get one im gonna need one of those.

#20 6 years ago

FS was garbage when it came out. Any love is purely based on the Williams badge on the cabinet.

#21 6 years ago

piparoo wrote jordaches are still fun. yea when im peelin em off my wifes @ss. while shes playin tftc...

#22 6 years ago

I have had them both. TFTC for a year and sold to my brother to keep it close. Great ramps and lots of modes. FS I bought a year ago and still have. This games is fast fun. You have to get alternate translite and playfield decal to convert to the cartoon which I did. Bowling is fun and challenging to finish 10 frames in a game. , Unique ramps that go behind flippers are cool and lots of flow. It is a great for parties and appeals to non-pinheads. It fits great in my 8 pin collection because it is different than all my other pins.

#23 6 years ago

Nice collection wolf!

#24 6 years ago

TftC, hands down. Not even close. Super fun to play, and pretty high in demand now.

#25 6 years ago

Both good games, but TFTC wins imo. Although Flinstones is better for a Big Lebowski retheme!

#26 6 years ago

I have a Flintstones and think it's a great game – especially since i was able to get a "clean" alt cartoon translite and playfield sticker.
There are two reasons i added it into my collection.
First reason- it's full of very unique attributes like bowling and the smart ramps. And the way multiball starts is cool/clever.
The second reason was the most important to me.
It's one of only a few "family friendly" games out there that's under $2500.
We have 2 young boys and I want to make sure they enjoy pinball and are not afraid of the game room.
So many pins out there have gun violence or scary/agressive themes that i think are awesome, but not kid friendly.

Some day when they're a bit older i will rotate the collection to have more agressive games but for now I want to make sure I don't scare my kids away from this hobby I love so much.

#27 6 years ago

Hey TP a friend of mine bought a nice I mean really nice TFTC for $1300 last year. Maybe you should ask yourself what planet you are from.

#28 6 years ago

If TFTC is such a great game then why does TP have his up for sale in the market and for $2400!!! Which he is not going to get. You are off by a grand dude.

#29 6 years ago

My TFTC just sold for 2kCAN...1300 is a beater price where I am....

#30 6 years ago

There is a TFTC pin for sale on Yakaz right now for $1300.

#31 6 years ago

cap it jcap. got 3 pinsiders from three states and a fourth from canada trying to finalize the deal. full 2400 if i ship to cali or canada. great trades if i accept offers from va or nj. im getting rid of it cuz its sought after and easier sell than others. i played it for a long time now and choose to let some other pinsider enjoy it for what i have in into it. no profit here.just cuz im selling dosnt mean i dont like it, only so much room. someday in the future i m sure ill aquire again cuz its that good. maybe ill use some of the 2400 i get to purchase the flintstones, and take a look from your eyes and use the rest to take your mom out to dinner. if thats alright with you.(pm me your details) i like to pay it forward ya know... pingeo next time you see one at that price pinch yourself and make sure your not dreaming, if you say ow be sure to pm me with the details since you wont be wanting it. ill owe you one. and remember to pass on all those amazing deals you get on to your fellow pinsiders when you decide to sell.say what you will from here on out im outta this thread. peace out....

#32 6 years ago

Here's a really nice FS that I was fortunate enough to play but do not own. Never had an interest in one until I saw its potential realized. It's nicely LED'd and the addition of the lighted posts really adds a lot. Alternate translight, too. Wish it were mine. I like the ramps too. Can't comment on TFTC because the truth be known, I haven't played one yet. But I'm sure I'll get around to it someday. image.jpg

#33 6 years ago

Hey TP let's get off moms because I just got off yours. Oh yeah what time do you want me to bring the bi### back.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jkap:

Hey TP let's get off moms because I just got off yours. Oh yeah what time do you want me to bring the bi### back.

Quoted from tp:

maybe ill use some of the 2400 i get to purchase the Flintstones, and take a look from your eyes and use the rest to take your mom out to dinner.

Based on the average age of a pinsider, these are likely just like the chicks you two are talkin' 'bout bangin'. Have fun with all that

the-golden-girls.jpg

#35 6 years ago

Now that's funny. Good one Herb.

#36 6 years ago

There both good, not great games, but Flintstones for me as Data East always seemed like secondary pins with a few exceptions like JP or GNR. Flintstones can also take on the cartoon look via multiple mods out there. Any who either/or... both fun pins. And who honestly cares, its only pinball!~SpOoKy

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Have fun with all that

+1

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Based on the average age of a pinsider, these are likely just like the chicks you two are talkin' 'bout bangin'. Have fun with all that

the-golden-girls.jpg 36 KB

Good lord. Most of those women are no longer with us, yes?

#39 6 years ago

Get both

#41 6 years ago

TFTC! Fang Club member!

#42 6 years ago

TFTC is a great machine!

FS sucks real bad IMO

#43 6 years ago

Tftc is a keeper for me. I had someone offer me 3k this last weekend for it (mine isn't in 3k condition) and I still had to turn it down. It's too fun to get rid of and I know I would just take the money and search for another one so I decided just to keep it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
3,325 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside