(Topic ID: 24956)

TFTC Tilt Settings Do you allow death saves?

By renodakota

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Clawhammer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've been torn about the tilt setting on my TFTC.
I have it set so you can do a a fair amount of nudging but you will get a warning from time to time. I don't know if I should tighten it up to make playing more difficult because of the built in reward the software gives you for a death save.
So my question is to anyone else who has a TFTC, how sensitive is your tilt?

#2 11 years ago

Death saves are a no no in my house.

Tilt would catch you most of the time, but the bigger issue is what happens if i do!

#3 11 years ago

None of my friends do them, not necessary

#4 11 years ago

I like loose tilt. If it was all flipper they'd call it flipperball. Nudging is half the fun. OTOH I can see a strong case for not kicking the machine.

#5 11 years ago

death saves in my house would induce the death blow

#6 11 years ago

I think you guys are right even though it's in the code I shouldn't be bumped hard enough to pull it off. Are there any other games that reward you for a death save?

#7 11 years ago

Pretty much every DMD era DE game does it as far as I know.

#8 11 years ago

Sometimes, the ball shoots down the outlane and it only takes a little nudge to do a death save, I've pulled it off without slamming or kicking it before. Just sayin.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

Sometimes, the ball shoots down the outlane and it only takes a little nudge to do a death save, I've pulled it off without slamming or kicking it before. Just sayin.

If one has the proper form to perform it with a nudge, go for it but kicking the legs is not good form IMO

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

I've been torn about the tilt setting on my TFTC.I have it set so you can do a a fair amount of nudging but you will get a warning from time to time. I don't know if I should tighten it up to make playing more difficult because of the built in reward the software gives you for a death save.So my question is to anyone else who has a TFTC, how sensitive is your tilt?

How do you like your TFTC. I am on the hunt for one out here in AZ. It will be my only pin like you so I am curious if it holds your attention. As for the TILT setting on TFTC can you adjust to have no tilt becuase I like to nudge and move the machine forward a little while playing but never worth a death save especailly on my own machine. Did you get a good deal on your game?

#11 11 years ago

TFTC has ... I hate to say it and fan flames.... but it has really started catching on here I've noticed....

Best way to say it, of XF, JP, JM, and TFTC - TFTC is the only one that remains come 1 week from Sunday when JP gets tentatively picked up.

#12 11 years ago

I let people hump my TFTC if they want to

What a great pin...

#13 11 years ago

You all act like two quick slides and your pins gonna fall apart

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You all act like two quick slides and your pins gonna fall apart

I am talking about kicking the legs to do it, that is crap. Using hands to try it is not too going to bother me but are the machines designed to be slid across the floor? No they are not.

8 months later
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

I let people hump my TFTC if they want to
What a great pin...

You said "hump"....lol

#16 10 years ago

That pin gets more action then I do...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

That pin gets more action then I do...

Lol

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

How do you like your TFTC. I am on the hunt for one out here in AZ. It will be my only pin like you so I am curious if it holds your attention. As for the TILT setting on TFTC can you adjust to have no tilt becuase I like to nudge and move the machine forward a little while playing but never worth a death save especailly on my own machine. Did you get a good deal on your game?

I love it I had had it for over a year and still play all the time. I really learned how to play on TSPP so I like a deep rule set. The shots are tight and satisfying, fast orbit if you go to the left. The modes are all fun except for skull crackin'. The list of modes to accomplish before crypt jam is enough that it takes a good long game to beat it.
I don't know if mine is set up odd but I can never hit that captive ball five times in one game.
I am very happy with mine.
As for what I paid I'm satisfied with my money spent. It's in good shape and I had been waiting for one to pop up around STL for months so I jumped on the first one I found that was nice.
I will say LED's can be dangerous in this game.
Mine is fully done and I have to keep the lights on when I play or I fear seizures.

#19 10 years ago

So we just pick up a conversation from 9 months ago and act like nothing happened?

#20 10 years ago

You can death save gracefully if you know what you're doing, especially on DE games... definitely no leg kicking required.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
$ 64.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-tilt-settings-do-you-allow-death-saves and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.