(Topic ID: 147484)

TFTC Tales from the crypt flipper issue

By Killerbooger

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

A little new to pinball so I ask a lot of questions but I am learning....my right flipper is intermittent and is currently not doing anything. Top flipper works fine. Checked voltage to the coil and it is about 6 v when flipper button depressed. Guessing bad coil?

#2 8 years ago

check the fuse on the flipper board. the flipper board is on the inside of the cabinet on the left side. when you press the flipper button an led light should illuminate. i would also check the connections to that coil. sometimes the wires will break off. then check the coil.

#3 8 years ago

Led does flash when button depressed. All connections are good. I reseated both connections on the board and cleaned them with contact cleaner..all fuses are good.

#4 8 years ago

have you checked the wires to the coil. and are the fuses ok on the flipper board? outside of that i would check the coil. you will have to do that with a multimeter

#5 8 years ago

I did check wires to coil. Voltage to the coil is right at 6 volts both when it is working and not. Also, when it won't flip up you can move it manually and it will stay up until you let off button. So, I then tried some electrical contact cleaner in the coil itself and after making sure it evaporated it was working. I definitely think the coil has/had issues.

#7 8 years ago

I had that exact problem about a year ago. Replaced the EOS switches and all was good. I wish I would have taken the old switches apart and looked for the cracks. Oh well, next time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-tales-from-the-crypt-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.