• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by knapejor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi there,

I just bought a TFTC last Sunday, (love the game!) and the only problem that sometimes occurs is, that the Super VUK (right back of the machine) needs a few tries to shoot the ball through the short metal guide.

Can someone with a TFTC please take some pictures of the Super VUK assembly and ball guide under the playfield for me? This way I can make sure everything is in place.

Reason I ask this, is because there is some kind of 'arc' next to the VUK assembly, which has been tie-wrapped before, and maybe the problem has something to do with this part.

#2 10 years ago

If no one throws up a pic I will when I get home to night.

#3 10 years ago

The manual has a diagram for the VUK.

Quoted from knapejor:

Reason I ask this, is because there is some kind of 'arc' next to the VUK assembly, which has been tie-wrapped before, and maybe the problem has something to do with this part.

Not sure what this means. Is there arcing next to the VUK? If so make sure the insulator tape is installed as shown in the manual.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

If no one throws up a pic I will when I get home to night.

Thanks in advance!

There is a diagram for the VUK indeed, but not for the surrounding bracket. (this 'arc' I'm talking about)

Another strange thing that happens there, is that when the ball succesfully leaves the wire ramp, the machine is sometimes still trying to shoot a ball up, thinking there is still a ball there. Any thoughts on this problem?

#5 10 years ago

I installed a new VUK kit when I was having some issues with mine (it wouldn't always get the ball out either). The old parts were pretty worn. If it continues to try and kick the ball out even though it has left it might be a switch issue... maybe it sometime gets trigged by the VUK as it returns to it's home position making the game think the ball is there?

#6 10 years ago

The plastic spring loaded cup at the top of these VUKs often needs replaced. They take a beating and get cracked and sit lopsided. This makes it hard for the game to kick out and causes phantom switch hits. You need the rebuild that VUK. I have had to do this in both TFTCs I have owned. It's not too hard and the parts are inexpensive.

Brian

#7 10 years ago

Ok I will rebuild the VUK, hopefully this solves it all

I'm loving this game more and more every second I play it!

#8 10 years ago

I rebuilt mine, and it solved the issues of not making it first try. Marco has the kit. Also make sure the ball hits the wireform properly, lined up right.

If it's still kicking after the ball shoots out, then the switch needs to be adjusted...

#9 10 years ago

Sorry I got tied up last night so I shot a couple before I left this morning. I hope they're what you need, if not let me know and I'll get what you need.

// Error: Image 110089 not found // // Error: Image 110090 not found // // Error: Image 110091 not found //

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the pictures and advice! Is it possible to get a picture of the other side too? (I know the cabinet is blocking, so not sure if you have a way to do this)

I will try to fix it this weekend, but with this information I think I'll manage

#11 10 years ago

No problem, I'll try and get you a couple more tonight.

#12 10 years ago

Super!

I have replaced the VUK, and it's already a lot better, but I think the switch needs some adjusting.

The ball is not always detected now (mostly it is), but it seems that when the ball is out, the machine doesn't try to kick out any more which is great.

#13 10 years ago

I am pretty sure you can just bend the actuator for the switch to find the 'sweet spot' where it works correctly. I'd expect you'd have to do this after a rebuild.

#14 10 years ago

After some tweaking of the switch everything works great! Thanks for the help all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
$ 15.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-super-vuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.