Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinhead76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm finding the TFTC scoop shot to be very difficult. Not only is it hard to make but it bounces out from both the upper flipper and the lower flipper. It seems that 90% of the right flipper shots bounce out and 60% of the upper flipper shots bounce out. At first I thought it was the cliffys. But I tested without and it wasn't any better. Drop dead foam isn't helping either.

I have considered adding a post behind the scoop to the right - anything to make the shots a bit more likely to fall in.

What are the rest of you doing about this?

#2 11 years ago

I feel your pain. EXACTLY the same for me. Hopefully somebody else chimes in with some good news.

#3 11 years ago

nature of the beast.....I am afraid

#4 11 years ago

Mine is pretty easy to hit regularly, and very rarely bounces out.

#5 11 years ago

The earlier playfields either sample of early runs had a larger scoop opening. Much easier in making the shots. Don't know why they changed it smaller.

#6 11 years ago

I had read somewhere on here that during production the scoop was accidentally moved 1/16th of an inch from borgs design.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from temlog:

The earlier playfields either sample of early runs had a larger scoop opening. Much easier in making the shots. Don't know why they changed it smaller.

Fact

Quoted from futurepinhead:

I had read somewhere on here that during production the scoop was accidentally moved 1/16th of an inch from borgs design.

More Fact. Prob heard me talking about it.

Quoted from markmon:

What are the rest of you doing about this?

I installed a weaker coil on the upper flipper. But that only solves the bounce out. That does not solve the PIA it is to nail it from the lower flipper.

Stick with it though. The game is ACES once dialed in and is just all around AWESOME SAUCE!

#8 11 years ago

More than 1/16 of an inch. Seems more like 1/4. I found this out when I installed a cliffy. Ended up making a filler to support the protector.

#9 11 years ago

Mine is not too bad

#10 11 years ago

Mine does the same thing. 90% of my shots from the lower right flipper bounce out. I have been trying to figure out if there is anything that can be done about it. If anybody comes up with anything, please post. Very frustrating.

My upper flipper shot doesn't bounce out nearly as often. It's more my missing the scoop, but that's a different issue all together!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11 11 years ago

Same issue here, thought it was the Cliffy causing it too, so interesting to hear it's the same without. I don't mind too much though, it just makes it more challenging and more satisfying when you do land it.

#12 11 years ago

Mine does it sometimes, but it feels like its my timing of shots, more than the game itself. I've owned two TFTC's now. The Cliffy does make it more difficult, but it can be done. Made me a better player. I love the game. I can say, I haven't experienced the bounce out yet, more of the I missed the shot effect.

#13 11 years ago

Ok I solved this. I bent the scoop so that it curves much more and. Basically, I pushed on the top of the scoop bending the top down. The opening on the front is not as tall because the scoop "roof" is closer to the playfield. Haven't had one shot bounce out since from front right or upper flipper. I also hit the scoop twice with lower left flipper (couldn't do this before) and got to crypt jam on ball 1!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

....and got to crypt jam on ball 1!

Man..... I suck ._.

#15 11 years ago

It's the first time I've ever been there in a game. I think part of it was because I spent the previous two hours shooting the scoop while debugging the bounce out issue. When I finally fixed it, I was just nailing that shot over and over from the previous two hours of practice.

#16 11 years ago

I get a bounce out about 1 in 15 shots and I don't have my cliffy in yet.
I think it is mostly due to bad shots, does the cliffy really make the shot that much harder?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

I get a bounce out about 1 in 15 shots and I don't have my cliffy in yet.
I think it is mostly due to bad shots, does the cliffy really make the shot that much harder?

The cliffy didn't impact it at all. I noted above what the issue was. Sounds like yours is fine.

#18 11 years ago

Congrats! Tales is a great game.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Ok I solved this. I bent the scoop so that it curves much more and. Basically, I pushed on the top of the scoop bending the top down. The opening on the front is not as tall because the scoop "roof" is closer to the playfield. Haven't had one shot bounce out since from front right or upper flipper. I also hit the scoop twice with lower left flipper (couldn't do this before) and got to crypt jam on ball 1!

I guess since you beat the game you ready to sell it to me? HEHHEHE, as the Cryptkeeper would say.

1 year later
#20 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I put in a cliffy and swear the scoop shot got harder. Maybe in my head, but bending the scoop really helped

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Thanks for the tip, I put in a cliffy and swear the scoop shot got harder. Maybe in my head, but bending the scoop really helped

Would you mind taking a picture of what you did. I'm ordering a cliffy and the shot is already hard enough! thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 64.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tftc-scoop-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.